The Holiday Place celebrates Year of Mexico in the UK
Two representatives from The Holiday Place yesterday attended the closing toast of an open air exhibition fair that Mexico held on London Bridge's Potters Field Park from 25th February to 11th March. Yesterday marked the very last day of this interactive tourism fair, which looked to introduce Londoners to the real spirit of Mexico through a series of eye-catching pop-up domes, sculptures and pavilion showcasing authentic Mexican flair.
Yesterday the vibrant, interactive and quirky open-air tourism fair showcasing the best and most colourful aspects of Mexican culture in London’s riverside officially closed to the public.
It marked the last day of a two-week Mexican exhibition in London Bridge’s Potters Field Park, which celebrated everything Mexico stands for as an attractive tourism destination culturally, historically, ideologically and geographically – from its wealth of unique natural marvels to the allure of its ancient Mayan civilisation and ruins, the vibrant nature of their festivities and their peculiar outtake on ceremonious (and colourful) celebrations like the Day of the Dead.
Product Manager, Parul Jadav, and myself, blogger and news editor, Susana Corona, were present yesterday to toast to the exhibition’s success with various members of Mexico’s tourism industry.
Attended by around 40,000 visitors during its fourteen-day duration, the exhibition was a resounding triumph for Mexico’s Tourism Board, which is holding a series of other upcoming events throughout the UK to mark what has been declared as the Year of Mexico in the UK 2015.
With a big, eye-catching sign structure spelling MEXICO in bold, bright and colourful capital letters that lit up at night as the main centre piece of the exhibition, catching passers-by attention; the outdoor layout was a tempting invitation to lure visitors inside the large interactive dome and learn more about this fascinating destination and the many attractions it offered to every kind of traveller.
Inside the interactive dome-pavilion, a Volchol took centre stage – an ornate Volkswagen Beetle decorated in original Mexican style with over two million beads. Another eye-catching showstopper was the large bride skeleton sculpture outside, standing tall in traditional Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ style.
With free entry to visitors of all ages, the dome-pavilion also showcased traditional Mexican clothing on mannequins while video presentations played continuously with three headphones available for those who wanted to be taken through them.
Under every Mexico sign was this year’s evocative slogan “Live it to believe it” - a fitting catchphrase to capture the many wonders Mexico has in store for curious travellers thirsty for new adventures and unique experiences.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...