The Holiday Place celebrates Year of Mexico in the UK
Two representatives from The Holiday Place yesterday attended the closing toast of an open air exhibition fair that Mexico held on London Bridge's Potters Field Park from 25th February to 11th March. Yesterday marked the very last day of this interactive tourism fair, which looked to introduce Londoners to the real spirit of Mexico through a series of eye-catching pop-up domes, sculptures and pavilion showcasing authentic Mexican flair.
Yesterday the vibrant, interactive and quirky open-air tourism fair showcasing the best and most colourful aspects of Mexican culture in London’s riverside officially closed to the public.
It marked the last day of a two-week Mexican exhibition in London Bridge’s Potters Field Park, which celebrated everything Mexico stands for as an attractive tourism destination culturally, historically, ideologically and geographically – from its wealth of unique natural marvels to the allure of its ancient Mayan civilisation and ruins, the vibrant nature of their festivities and their peculiar outtake on ceremonious (and colourful) celebrations like the Day of the Dead.
Product Manager, Parul Jadav, and myself, blogger and news editor, Susana Corona, were present yesterday to toast to the exhibition’s success with various members of Mexico’s tourism industry.
Attended by around 40,000 visitors during its fourteen-day duration, the exhibition was a resounding triumph for Mexico’s Tourism Board, which is holding a series of other upcoming events throughout the UK to mark what has been declared as the Year of Mexico in the UK 2015.
With a big, eye-catching sign structure spelling MEXICO in bold, bright and colourful capital letters that lit up at night as the main centre piece of the exhibition, catching passers-by attention; the outdoor layout was a tempting invitation to lure visitors inside the large interactive dome and learn more about this fascinating destination and the many attractions it offered to every kind of traveller.
Inside the interactive dome-pavilion, a Volchol took centre stage – an ornate Volkswagen Beetle decorated in original Mexican style with over two million beads. Another eye-catching showstopper was the large bride skeleton sculpture outside, standing tall in traditional Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ style.
With free entry to visitors of all ages, the dome-pavilion also showcased traditional Mexican clothing on mannequins while video presentations played continuously with three headphones available for those who wanted to be taken through them.
Under every Mexico sign was this year’s evocative slogan “Live it to believe it” - a fitting catchphrase to capture the many wonders Mexico has in store for curious travellers thirsty for new adventures and unique experiences.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Whether looking for a relaxing retreat with your partner, or simply searching for some peace and intimacy by yourself, a...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...