The Holiday Place celebrates Year of Mexico in the UK
Two representatives from The Holiday Place yesterday attended the closing toast of an open air exhibition fair that Mexico held on London Bridge's Potters Field Park from 25th February to 11th March. Yesterday marked the very last day of this interactive tourism fair, which looked to introduce Londoners to the real spirit of Mexico through a series of eye-catching pop-up domes, sculptures and pavilion showcasing authentic Mexican flair.
Yesterday the vibrant, interactive and quirky open-air tourism fair showcasing the best and most colourful aspects of Mexican culture in London’s riverside officially closed to the public.
It marked the last day of a two-week Mexican exhibition in London Bridge’s Potters Field Park, which celebrated everything Mexico stands for as an attractive tourism destination culturally, historically, ideologically and geographically – from its wealth of unique natural marvels to the allure of its ancient Mayan civilisation and ruins, the vibrant nature of their festivities and their peculiar outtake on ceremonious (and colourful) celebrations like the Day of the Dead.
Product Manager, Parul Jadav, and myself, blogger and news editor, Susana Corona, were present yesterday to toast to the exhibition’s success with various members of Mexico’s tourism industry.
Attended by around 40,000 visitors during its fourteen-day duration, the exhibition was a resounding triumph for Mexico’s Tourism Board, which is holding a series of other upcoming events throughout the UK to mark what has been declared as the Year of Mexico in the UK 2015.
With a big, eye-catching sign structure spelling MEXICO in bold, bright and colourful capital letters that lit up at night as the main centre piece of the exhibition, catching passers-by attention; the outdoor layout was a tempting invitation to lure visitors inside the large interactive dome and learn more about this fascinating destination and the many attractions it offered to every kind of traveller.
Inside the interactive dome-pavilion, a Volchol took centre stage – an ornate Volkswagen Beetle decorated in original Mexican style with over two million beads. Another eye-catching showstopper was the large bride skeleton sculpture outside, standing tall in traditional Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ style.
With free entry to visitors of all ages, the dome-pavilion also showcased traditional Mexican clothing on mannequins while video presentations played continuously with three headphones available for those who wanted to be taken through them.
Under every Mexico sign was this year’s evocative slogan “Live it to believe it” - a fitting catchphrase to capture the many wonders Mexico has in store for curious travellers thirsty for new adventures and unique experiences.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...