The Holiday Place celebrates Year of Mexico in the UK
Two representatives from The Holiday Place yesterday attended the closing toast of an open air exhibition fair that Mexico held on London Bridge's Potters Field Park from 25th February to 11th March. Yesterday marked the very last day of this interactive tourism fair, which looked to introduce Londoners to the real spirit of Mexico through a series of eye-catching pop-up domes, sculptures and pavilion showcasing authentic Mexican flair.
Yesterday the vibrant, interactive and quirky open-air tourism fair showcasing the best and most colourful aspects of Mexican culture in London’s riverside officially closed to the public.
It marked the last day of a two-week Mexican exhibition in London Bridge’s Potters Field Park, which celebrated everything Mexico stands for as an attractive tourism destination culturally, historically, ideologically and geographically – from its wealth of unique natural marvels to the allure of its ancient Mayan civilisation and ruins, the vibrant nature of their festivities and their peculiar outtake on ceremonious (and colourful) celebrations like the Day of the Dead.
Product Manager, Parul Jadav, and myself, blogger and news editor, Susana Corona, were present yesterday to toast to the exhibition’s success with various members of Mexico’s tourism industry.
Attended by around 40,000 visitors during its fourteen-day duration, the exhibition was a resounding triumph for Mexico’s Tourism Board, which is holding a series of other upcoming events throughout the UK to mark what has been declared as the Year of Mexico in the UK 2015.
With a big, eye-catching sign structure spelling MEXICO in bold, bright and colourful capital letters that lit up at night as the main centre piece of the exhibition, catching passers-by attention; the outdoor layout was a tempting invitation to lure visitors inside the large interactive dome and learn more about this fascinating destination and the many attractions it offered to every kind of traveller.
Inside the interactive dome-pavilion, a Volchol took centre stage – an ornate Volkswagen Beetle decorated in original Mexican style with over two million beads. Another eye-catching showstopper was the large bride skeleton sculpture outside, standing tall in traditional Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ style.
With free entry to visitors of all ages, the dome-pavilion also showcased traditional Mexican clothing on mannequins while video presentations played continuously with three headphones available for those who wanted to be taken through them.
Under every Mexico sign was this year’s evocative slogan “Live it to believe it” - a fitting catchphrase to capture the many wonders Mexico has in store for curious travellers thirsty for new adventures and unique experiences.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...