ONYX Hospitality Group begins construction of Amari Galle in Sri Lanka
The Thailand-based hotel management company, ONYX Hospitality Group has begun the construction of its third hotel in Sri Lanka with the ground breaking ceremony of the Amari Galle. Located on Galle Road, 2.5 kilometres north of the Galle Fort in Sri Lanka, the hotel is owned by Sino Lanka Hotels Galle and will be managed by ONYX.
The ONYX Hospitality Group is expanding its Amari brand after the ground breaking ceremony of the group's third hotel in Sri Lanka took place recently.
The Thailand-based hospitality group will manage the Amari Galle which is situated on Galle Road, approximately 2.5 kilometres north of the Galle Fort in Sri Lanka.
Owned by Sino Lanka Hotels Galle, ONYX will manage the 172-room property under its full-service Amari brand and the luxury hotel will have facilities including a swimming pool, a modern gym, the Breeze Spa with pampering treatments, banqueting facilities, and two gourmet restaurants.
Peter Henley, the President of ONYX Hospitality Group, explained:
"We are thrilled to be breaking ground on our third project in Sri Lanka. Tourism is thriving and we think a full service hotel product like Amari will be very well received in the market."
The brand aims to provide guests with culturally enriched and memorable shared experiences, and with the array of historical sites and the warmth of Sri Lankan hospitality, Galle is an obvious location for our next Amari property."
The Amari brand encompasses the spirit of local culture and enhances elements of traditional Asian hospitality, enabling guests to feel relaxed in every hotel.
The brand has properties in coastal regions and cities across Thailand, Qatar and Bangladesh, and plans are in place to develop Amari hotels in the Maldives, China, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean that is renowned for its beautiful natural landscapes and diverse ecosystem. Tourists can make the most out of their holidays to Sri Lanka by visiting hundreds of sandy beaches and heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts, or hiking through wildlife sanctuaries, thriving nature parks, and up majestic mountains.
Since the end of its 25-year-long conflict in 2009, the island has seen a much-needed boost in holidaymakers from all over the world as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the island. Over the last few years, the state-run Sri Lanka Tourism Authority has been working hard to promote the country worldwide as a safe tourist destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...