JetBlue Airways to add new weekly charter flight to Cuba this summer
JetBlue Airways will add a new charter flight to Cuba to its schedule after signing and agreement with ABC Charters. The weekly flight will start on 5th June, 2015 and will operate between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba on Fridays bringing the total of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four.
JetBlue Airways has announced the addition of a new weekly charter flight to Havana, after it signed an agreement with its partner ABC Charters.
The airline will launch the new flight on 5th June, 2015 and it will operate on Fridays between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba.
The new service brings the airline's number of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four and it marks the first expansion of a charter service by a U.S airline since the Cuba travel restrictions were eased in January this year.
Scott Laurence, the Senior Vice President of Airline Planning for JetBlue, explained:
"Cuba will one day play an important role in our overall Caribbean network, a region where customer response has already helped us grow into the leading US airline.
"Expanding our charter program today reflects the thoughtful approach we are taking in Cuba over the long-term."
JetBlue Airways and ABC Charters currently offer weekly flights between Tampa (TPA) and Havana (HAV) on Tuesdays and Tampa and Santa Clara in Cuba on Wednesdays.
JetBlue also operates Friday flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Havana (HAV) through Xael Charters.
The Cuba flights are served by Airbus A320 aircraft with 150 leather seats, free seat entertainment, free snacks, and the most legroom available in economy class on any U.S carrier.
In interview with travel media Laurence also commented:
"Travellers to Cuba would prefer to fly in a roomy and comfortable aircraft with an airline they know and trust."
"By expanding our charter program, we are able to bring the JetBlue experience that customers love on our modern fleet of aircraft to even more people making their way to Cuba."
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero Beach, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana City, the country's capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...