JetBlue Airways to add new weekly charter flight to Cuba this summer
JetBlue Airways will add a new charter flight to Cuba to its schedule after signing and agreement with ABC Charters. The weekly flight will start on 5th June, 2015 and will operate between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba on Fridays bringing the total of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four.
JetBlue Airways has announced the addition of a new weekly charter flight to Havana, after it signed an agreement with its partner ABC Charters.
The airline will launch the new flight on 5th June, 2015 and it will operate on Fridays between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba.
The new service brings the airline's number of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four and it marks the first expansion of a charter service by a U.S airline since the Cuba travel restrictions were eased in January this year.
Scott Laurence, the Senior Vice President of Airline Planning for JetBlue, explained:
"Cuba will one day play an important role in our overall Caribbean network, a region where customer response has already helped us grow into the leading US airline.
"Expanding our charter program today reflects the thoughtful approach we are taking in Cuba over the long-term."
JetBlue Airways and ABC Charters currently offer weekly flights between Tampa (TPA) and Havana (HAV) on Tuesdays and Tampa and Santa Clara in Cuba on Wednesdays.
JetBlue also operates Friday flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Havana (HAV) through Xael Charters.
The Cuba flights are served by Airbus A320 aircraft with 150 leather seats, free seat entertainment, free snacks, and the most legroom available in economy class on any U.S carrier.
In interview with travel media Laurence also commented:
"Travellers to Cuba would prefer to fly in a roomy and comfortable aircraft with an airline they know and trust."
"By expanding our charter program, we are able to bring the JetBlue experience that customers love on our modern fleet of aircraft to even more people making their way to Cuba."
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero Beach, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana City, the country's capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...