JetBlue Airways to add new weekly charter flight to Cuba this summer
JetBlue Airways will add a new charter flight to Cuba to its schedule after signing and agreement with ABC Charters. The weekly flight will start on 5th June, 2015 and will operate between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba on Fridays bringing the total of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four.
JetBlue Airways has announced the addition of a new weekly charter flight to Havana, after it signed an agreement with its partner ABC Charters.
The airline will launch the new flight on 5th June, 2015 and it will operate on Fridays between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba.
The new service brings the airline's number of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four and it marks the first expansion of a charter service by a U.S airline since the Cuba travel restrictions were eased in January this year.
Scott Laurence, the Senior Vice President of Airline Planning for JetBlue, explained:
"Cuba will one day play an important role in our overall Caribbean network, a region where customer response has already helped us grow into the leading US airline.
"Expanding our charter program today reflects the thoughtful approach we are taking in Cuba over the long-term."
JetBlue Airways and ABC Charters currently offer weekly flights between Tampa (TPA) and Havana (HAV) on Tuesdays and Tampa and Santa Clara in Cuba on Wednesdays.
JetBlue also operates Friday flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Havana (HAV) through Xael Charters.
The Cuba flights are served by Airbus A320 aircraft with 150 leather seats, free seat entertainment, free snacks, and the most legroom available in economy class on any U.S carrier.
In interview with travel media Laurence also commented:
"Travellers to Cuba would prefer to fly in a roomy and comfortable aircraft with an airline they know and trust."
"By expanding our charter program, we are able to bring the JetBlue experience that customers love on our modern fleet of aircraft to even more people making their way to Cuba."
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero Beach, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana City, the country's capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...