JetBlue Airways to add new weekly charter flight to Cuba this summer
JetBlue Airways will add a new charter flight to Cuba to its schedule after signing and agreement with ABC Charters. The weekly flight will start on 5th June, 2015 and will operate between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba on Fridays bringing the total of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four.
JetBlue Airways has announced the addition of a new weekly charter flight to Havana, after it signed an agreement with its partner ABC Charters.
The airline will launch the new flight on 5th June, 2015 and it will operate on Fridays between Tampa in Florida and Havana in Cuba.
The new service brings the airline's number of weekly return flights to the Caribbean island up to four and it marks the first expansion of a charter service by a U.S airline since the Cuba travel restrictions were eased in January this year.
Scott Laurence, the Senior Vice President of Airline Planning for JetBlue, explained:
"Cuba will one day play an important role in our overall Caribbean network, a region where customer response has already helped us grow into the leading US airline.
"Expanding our charter program today reflects the thoughtful approach we are taking in Cuba over the long-term."
JetBlue Airways and ABC Charters currently offer weekly flights between Tampa (TPA) and Havana (HAV) on Tuesdays and Tampa and Santa Clara in Cuba on Wednesdays.
JetBlue also operates Friday flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Havana (HAV) through Xael Charters.
The Cuba flights are served by Airbus A320 aircraft with 150 leather seats, free seat entertainment, free snacks, and the most legroom available in economy class on any U.S carrier.
In interview with travel media Laurence also commented:
"Travellers to Cuba would prefer to fly in a roomy and comfortable aircraft with an airline they know and trust."
"By expanding our charter program, we are able to bring the JetBlue experience that customers love on our modern fleet of aircraft to even more people making their way to Cuba."
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero Beach, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana City, the country's capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Little touches to make your holiday extra specialm, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...