MARITIM Hotel Mauritius rebrands as 5* MARITIM Resort and Spa Mauritius
The renowned MARITIM Hotel Mauritius has been renamed as 5* MARITIM Resort and Spa Mauritius. The new name is though to better reflect the resorts image as one of the leading luxury resorts in the Mauritius and serves to distinguish it from its more budget friendly sister hotel the 4* MARITIM Crystal Beach Hotel.
German owned MARITIM Hotels has announced the decision to change the name of the MARITIM Hotel Mauritius to 5* MARITIM Resort and Spa Mauritius.
The decision was born out of a desire to cement the resort's status as one of the top luxury beach resorts in the Mauritius.
In recent years the hotel has put greater emphasis on improving its facilities and services in an effort to cater to the luxury market. Another factor which is said to have influenced the decision was the desire to make a clear distinction between the 5* resort and its sister 4* MARITIM Crystal Beach Hotel which is better suited for those travellers planning a budget friendly holiday in the Indian Ocean.
Of the rebranding Mark Spivey, MARITIM's Director of international Sales stated:
"For more than two decades, we have welcomed guests to our flagship 5* resort, offering exceptional levels of customer service and care. At the newly renamed MARITIM Resort and Spa our focus will be on providing the high end services and facilities expected by those looking for the ultimate luxury holiday in Mauritius."
The 5* MARITIM Resort and Spa Mauritius spread across 25 hectares of land features stunning views of the nearby Turtle Bay. Holidaymakers can choose to book a stay in any one of the 215 well appointed rooms, 18 of which are suites.
With a host of water sport activities on offer there is something for everyone to enjoy and after a day of adventure, a visit to the on site Tropical Flower Spa promises to leave guests feeling pampered and relaxed. When it comes to dining, guests will be spoiled for choice with five restaurants serving mouth watering dishes.
Mauritius is known for its beautiful white sandy beaches with calm turquoise waters and is a popular choice among holidaymakers looking for a luxury break. Recent statistics indicate that there was a near 5 per cent growth in arrivals during 2014 and notably, arrivals surpassed the million mark for the first time in its history with 1,038,968 arrivals compared to 993,106 in 2013.
The island nation is most popular among European holidaymakers who accounted for more than half of all arrivals (54.9 per cent) though interest from Asia and America is also on the rise. The lead European source markets for Mauritius include France, UK, Germany and Italy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...