Gili Lankanfushi Maldives named as Top Hotel in the World by TripAdvisor
The Gili Lankanfushi hotel in the Maldives has been named in first place in TripAdvisor's list of Top 25 Hotels in the World. The luxury resort received the honour in the Travelers' Choice awards, which compiles reviews and rating lefts by travellers from all over the world who have stayed in the hotels and resorts.
TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice awards have revealed the Gili Lankanfushi hotel as the best hotel in the world.
The luxury resort in the Maldives was ranked in first place in the travel site's Top 25 Hotels in the World, which were rated by travellers and guests who reviewed the hotels.
The Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos in Costa Rica was ranked in second place, and the Shinta Mani Club, Siem Reap in Cambodia secured the third position.
The annual TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards are based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor members and travellers from all over the world.
The boutique Gili Lankanfushi resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat.
Jetties stretch across the clear water to spacious luxury stilted villas that boast private rooftop and overwater sundecks, daybeds, open-air private bathrooms, and modern amenities including espresso machines, mini bars, air conditioning, personal safes, satellite TV, and CD, DVD, and hi-fi stereo systems. The interior of the luxury villas have been created using sustainable woods, and natural materials and fabrics.
The five-star beachfront hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
Guests can choose from an array of dining options to savour gourmet cuisine and fine wines including the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and cobalt ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- including return transfers by speed boat
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...