Gili Lankanfushi Maldives named as Top Hotel in the World by TripAdvisor
The Gili Lankanfushi hotel in the Maldives has been named in first place in TripAdvisor's list of Top 25 Hotels in the World. The luxury resort received the honour in the Travelers' Choice awards, which compiles reviews and rating lefts by travellers from all over the world who have stayed in the hotels and resorts.
TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice awards have revealed the Gili Lankanfushi hotel as the best hotel in the world.
The luxury resort in the Maldives was ranked in first place in the travel site's Top 25 Hotels in the World, which were rated by travellers and guests who reviewed the hotels.
The Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos in Costa Rica was ranked in second place, and the Shinta Mani Club, Siem Reap in Cambodia secured the third position.
The annual TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards are based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor members and travellers from all over the world.
The boutique Gili Lankanfushi resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat.
Jetties stretch across the clear water to spacious luxury stilted villas that boast private rooftop and overwater sundecks, daybeds, open-air private bathrooms, and modern amenities including espresso machines, mini bars, air conditioning, personal safes, satellite TV, and CD, DVD, and hi-fi stereo systems. The interior of the luxury villas have been created using sustainable woods, and natural materials and fabrics.
The five-star beachfront hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
Guests can choose from an array of dining options to savour gourmet cuisine and fine wines including the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and cobalt ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Let everything go as you observe breath-taking landscapes during a relaxing stay at the amazing Velassaru Maldives...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...