Gili Lankanfushi Maldives named as Top Hotel in the World by TripAdvisor
The Gili Lankanfushi hotel in the Maldives has been named in first place in TripAdvisor's list of Top 25 Hotels in the World. The luxury resort received the honour in the Travelers' Choice awards, which compiles reviews and rating lefts by travellers from all over the world who have stayed in the hotels and resorts.
TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice awards have revealed the Gili Lankanfushi hotel as the best hotel in the world.
The luxury resort in the Maldives was ranked in first place in the travel site's Top 25 Hotels in the World, which were rated by travellers and guests who reviewed the hotels.
The Nayara Hotel, Spa and Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos in Costa Rica was ranked in second place, and the Shinta Mani Club, Siem Reap in Cambodia secured the third position.
The annual TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards are based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor members and travellers from all over the world.
The boutique Gili Lankanfushi resort is located on Lankanfushi Island in the North Male Atoll. The property has 45 over-water villas made from natural and sustainable materials. Tourists who are seeking private high end holidays can stay in one of the seven Crusoe Residences or the Private Reserve which is only accessible by personal boat.
Jetties stretch across the clear water to spacious luxury stilted villas that boast private rooftop and overwater sundecks, daybeds, open-air private bathrooms, and modern amenities including espresso machines, mini bars, air conditioning, personal safes, satellite TV, and CD, DVD, and hi-fi stereo systems. The interior of the luxury villas have been created using sustainable woods, and natural materials and fabrics.
The five-star beachfront hotel's facilities include the Meera Spa with glass floor panels, six overwater treatment rooms, steam and sauna rooms, a yoga and Tai Chi champa, and a relaxation area with stunning views of the sparking Indian Ocean.
Guests can choose from an array of dining options to savour gourmet cuisine and fine wines including the Main Restaurant, the Overwater Grill, By the Sea dining outlet, or the Wine Cellar and Underwater Chocolate Cave.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and cobalt ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...