Cuba and Dominican Republic listed in ABTA's Travel Trends 2015 Report
ABTA has revealed its Travel Trends 2015 Report which shows that more holidaymakers are planning to spend more on their travels this year. The report's top destinations for 2015 include Cuba and the Dominican Republic with a third of travellers planning to visit a country they have never been to before and combine their trips with special events or shows.
The Travel Trends 2015 Report has been released by ABTA in association with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
This year’s travel trends reveal that many British holidaymakers will be spending more on their holidays while top destinations for 2015 include Cuba and the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean.
Many travellers are looking to combine their holiday with events, shows, adventure sports, or celebrations such as weddings, hen and stag parties and anniversaries, and 35 per cent of travellers will be heading to destinations they have never visited before.
“We do expect to see the slow but steady signs of recovery that have been characteristic of 2014 continue into next year,” explained Mark Tanzer, the ABTA Chief Executive.
“We are seeing strong growth from the most affluent end of the market and we expect this to drive interest in luxury and tailor made packages.
“The rest of the market remains resilient with value for money continuing to be a priority.”
"Holidaymakers want their holiday to work hard for them, whether that’s by offering new experiences, combining different destinations or simply delivering great value."
The list of top destinations for 2015 include, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Japan, Singapore, The Peloponnese in Greece, Botswana, Austria, Latvia, La Gomera in Spain, Norway, Pacific Coast in the USA, and The Netherlands.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana, the country’s capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
The Dominican Republic is a nation on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
The country is home to breathtaking landscapes and natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees; cobalt ocean waters; undulating green hills and winding valleys; rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls; and soaring mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...