Cuba and Dominican Republic listed in ABTA's Travel Trends 2015 Report
ABTA has revealed its Travel Trends 2015 Report which shows that more holidaymakers are planning to spend more on their travels this year. The report's top destinations for 2015 include Cuba and the Dominican Republic with a third of travellers planning to visit a country they have never been to before and combine their trips with special events or shows.
The Travel Trends 2015 Report has been released by ABTA in association with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
This year’s travel trends reveal that many British holidaymakers will be spending more on their holidays while top destinations for 2015 include Cuba and the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean.
Many travellers are looking to combine their holiday with events, shows, adventure sports, or celebrations such as weddings, hen and stag parties and anniversaries, and 35 per cent of travellers will be heading to destinations they have never visited before.
“We do expect to see the slow but steady signs of recovery that have been characteristic of 2014 continue into next year,” explained Mark Tanzer, the ABTA Chief Executive.
“We are seeing strong growth from the most affluent end of the market and we expect this to drive interest in luxury and tailor made packages.
“The rest of the market remains resilient with value for money continuing to be a priority.”
"Holidaymakers want their holiday to work hard for them, whether that’s by offering new experiences, combining different destinations or simply delivering great value."
The list of top destinations for 2015 include, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Japan, Singapore, The Peloponnese in Greece, Botswana, Austria, Latvia, La Gomera in Spain, Norway, Pacific Coast in the USA, and The Netherlands.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea with popular tourist destinations including Varadero, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana, the country’s capital city which is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
The Dominican Republic is a nation on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
The country is home to breathtaking landscapes and natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees; cobalt ocean waters; undulating green hills and winding valleys; rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls; and soaring mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...