Downtown Dubai hosts dazzling New Year's Eve fireworks and laser show
The New Year went off with a bang in Dubai at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala with its dazzling display of fireworks, LED light and laser beam displays. The event also broke the Guinness World Records title for the 'World's Largest LED-Illuminated Facade' on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Revellers were treated to an impressive New Year’s Eve fireworks display last week at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala.
The event put Dubai on the map with the world’s most-watched New Year’s spectacle as thousands of party-goers watched the impressive fireworks and LED light and laser beam displays welcome in 2015 to the Middle East.
The event also broke a Guinness World Records record for the "World's Largest LED-Illuminated FaÃ§ade" on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Organised by property developer Emaar Properties, the fireworks, laser and multimedia show used the world’s state-of-the-art pyrotechnics and LED illumination technology with more than 200 professionals from all over the world putting 192,000 man hours into the event. More than 4.7 tonnes of fireworks were used for 25,000 shots that lit up Dubai’s skies, with some rising up to the tip of Burj Khalifa's spire. Ahmad Al Matrooshi, the Managing Director of Emaar, explained:
“The Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala is a symbol of Dubai's positivity and its ability to inspire, unite and bring happiness to people from around the world.”
"The celebration brings hope and joy for a better tomorrow and a promising new era of growth here in Dubai, a global city that provides the opportunity and environment for business and personal growth."
The stunning multimedia display presented Burj Khalifa as a "living entity" and illuminated it with fireworks in colourful rings, volcanic waves, and thousands of stars as the New Year rang in.
Dubai is no stranger to spectacular fireworks displays and last year on New Year’s Eve, Atlantis, The Palm hosted several displays that took place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel alongside the famous Sundance music festival with music from Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and Emeli Sande.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine West Crescent of Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay and play FREE
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...