Downtown Dubai hosts dazzling New Year's Eve fireworks and laser show
The New Year went off with a bang in Dubai at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala with its dazzling display of fireworks, LED light and laser beam displays. The event also broke the Guinness World Records title for the 'World's Largest LED-Illuminated Facade' on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Revellers were treated to an impressive New Year’s Eve fireworks display last week at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala.
The event put Dubai on the map with the world’s most-watched New Year’s spectacle as thousands of party-goers watched the impressive fireworks and LED light and laser beam displays welcome in 2015 to the Middle East.
The event also broke a Guinness World Records record for the "World's Largest LED-Illuminated FaÃ§ade" on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Organised by property developer Emaar Properties, the fireworks, laser and multimedia show used the world’s state-of-the-art pyrotechnics and LED illumination technology with more than 200 professionals from all over the world putting 192,000 man hours into the event. More than 4.7 tonnes of fireworks were used for 25,000 shots that lit up Dubai’s skies, with some rising up to the tip of Burj Khalifa's spire. Ahmad Al Matrooshi, the Managing Director of Emaar, explained:
“The Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala is a symbol of Dubai's positivity and its ability to inspire, unite and bring happiness to people from around the world.”
"The celebration brings hope and joy for a better tomorrow and a promising new era of growth here in Dubai, a global city that provides the opportunity and environment for business and personal growth."
The stunning multimedia display presented Burj Khalifa as a "living entity" and illuminated it with fireworks in colourful rings, volcanic waves, and thousands of stars as the New Year rang in.
Dubai is no stranger to spectacular fireworks displays and last year on New Year’s Eve, Atlantis, The Palm hosted several displays that took place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel alongside the famous Sundance music festival with music from Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and Emeli Sande.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...