Downtown Dubai hosts dazzling New Year's Eve fireworks and laser show
The New Year went off with a bang in Dubai at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala with its dazzling display of fireworks, LED light and laser beam displays. The event also broke the Guinness World Records title for the 'World's Largest LED-Illuminated Facade' on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Revellers were treated to an impressive New Year’s Eve fireworks display last week at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala.
The event put Dubai on the map with the world’s most-watched New Year’s spectacle as thousands of party-goers watched the impressive fireworks and LED light and laser beam displays welcome in 2015 to the Middle East.
The event also broke a Guinness World Records record for the "World's Largest LED-Illuminated FaÃ§ade" on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Organised by property developer Emaar Properties, the fireworks, laser and multimedia show used the world’s state-of-the-art pyrotechnics and LED illumination technology with more than 200 professionals from all over the world putting 192,000 man hours into the event. More than 4.7 tonnes of fireworks were used for 25,000 shots that lit up Dubai’s skies, with some rising up to the tip of Burj Khalifa's spire. Ahmad Al Matrooshi, the Managing Director of Emaar, explained:
“The Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala is a symbol of Dubai's positivity and its ability to inspire, unite and bring happiness to people from around the world.”
"The celebration brings hope and joy for a better tomorrow and a promising new era of growth here in Dubai, a global city that provides the opportunity and environment for business and personal growth."
The stunning multimedia display presented Burj Khalifa as a "living entity" and illuminated it with fireworks in colourful rings, volcanic waves, and thousands of stars as the New Year rang in.
Dubai is no stranger to spectacular fireworks displays and last year on New Year’s Eve, Atlantis, The Palm hosted several displays that took place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel alongside the famous Sundance music festival with music from Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and Emeli Sande.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...