Downtown Dubai hosts dazzling New Year's Eve fireworks and laser show
The New Year went off with a bang in Dubai at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala with its dazzling display of fireworks, LED light and laser beam displays. The event also broke the Guinness World Records title for the 'World's Largest LED-Illuminated Facade' on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Revellers were treated to an impressive New Year’s Eve fireworks display last week at the Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala.
The event put Dubai on the map with the world’s most-watched New Year’s spectacle as thousands of party-goers watched the impressive fireworks and LED light and laser beam displays welcome in 2015 to the Middle East.
The event also broke a Guinness World Records record for the "World's Largest LED-Illuminated FaÃ§ade" on Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Organised by property developer Emaar Properties, the fireworks, laser and multimedia show used the world’s state-of-the-art pyrotechnics and LED illumination technology with more than 200 professionals from all over the world putting 192,000 man hours into the event. More than 4.7 tonnes of fireworks were used for 25,000 shots that lit up Dubai’s skies, with some rising up to the tip of Burj Khalifa's spire. Ahmad Al Matrooshi, the Managing Director of Emaar, explained:
“The Downtown Dubai New Year's Eve Gala is a symbol of Dubai's positivity and its ability to inspire, unite and bring happiness to people from around the world.”
"The celebration brings hope and joy for a better tomorrow and a promising new era of growth here in Dubai, a global city that provides the opportunity and environment for business and personal growth."
The stunning multimedia display presented Burj Khalifa as a "living entity" and illuminated it with fireworks in colourful rings, volcanic waves, and thousands of stars as the New Year rang in.
Dubai is no stranger to spectacular fireworks displays and last year on New Year’s Eve, Atlantis, The Palm hosted several displays that took place simultaneously across Dubai, followed by a grand finale at the luxury hotel alongside the famous Sundance music festival with music from Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfield, and Emeli Sande.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, and pristine sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...