Dubai launches world's largest cruise terminal
The world's largest covered cruise terminal has been launched in Dubai by the Crown Prince of Dubai. The Hamdan bin Mohammed Cruise Terminal covers 28,000 square metres and is expected to welcome 14,000 cruise passengers a day. The first 4,000 passengers arrived from Costa Cruise and Aida Cruise ships last Thursday.
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai, has opened the world’s largest covered cruise terminal in Dubai.
This is DP World’s third cruise terminal at Mina Rashid and last week, the facility welcomed its first 4,000 passengers from the Costa Cruise and Aida Cruise ships.
The Hamdan bin Mohammed Cruise Terminal covers 28,000 square metres and is capable of welcoming 14,000 cruise passengers a day to the Middle East. Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, the Chairman of DP World, commented:
"It is a great honour to name our luxury cruise facility after Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Dubai’s vision is to attract 20 million tourists a year by 2020, with the Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (DTCM) anticipating cruise tourist numbers reaching the one-million mark by that time."
The new terminal has duty-free shops, currency exchange and a VIP business centre, as well as visitors’ customs and handling facilities with streamlined immigration and entry procedures, and offices for the police, airlines, immigration and customs.
All three terminals at the award-winning Mina Rashid cruise facility can now serve up to seven vessels and accommodate over 25,000 passengers at one time.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and the soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast upscale shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, huge theme parks, and pristine sandy beaches.
Holidaymakers can visit popular tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, the Wild Wadi Park, and the three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretch into the Persian Gulf off the sandy shoreline.
Every year, the emirate hosts several events and festivals including Dubai Summer Surprises, the Dubai World Cup, Dubai International Jazz Festival, and the UAE Desert Challenge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...