Dubai launches world's largest cruise terminal
The world's largest covered cruise terminal has been launched in Dubai by the Crown Prince of Dubai. The Hamdan bin Mohammed Cruise Terminal covers 28,000 square metres and is expected to welcome 14,000 cruise passengers a day. The first 4,000 passengers arrived from Costa Cruise and Aida Cruise ships last Thursday.
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai, has opened the world’s largest covered cruise terminal in Dubai.
This is DP World’s third cruise terminal at Mina Rashid and last week, the facility welcomed its first 4,000 passengers from the Costa Cruise and Aida Cruise ships.
The Hamdan bin Mohammed Cruise Terminal covers 28,000 square metres and is capable of welcoming 14,000 cruise passengers a day to the Middle East. Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, the Chairman of DP World, commented:
"It is a great honour to name our luxury cruise facility after Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Dubai’s vision is to attract 20 million tourists a year by 2020, with the Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (DTCM) anticipating cruise tourist numbers reaching the one-million mark by that time."
The new terminal has duty-free shops, currency exchange and a VIP business centre, as well as visitors’ customs and handling facilities with streamlined immigration and entry procedures, and offices for the police, airlines, immigration and customs.
All three terminals at the award-winning Mina Rashid cruise facility can now serve up to seven vessels and accommodate over 25,000 passengers at one time.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and the soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast upscale shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, huge theme parks, and pristine sandy beaches.
Holidaymakers can visit popular tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, the Wild Wadi Park, and the three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretch into the Persian Gulf off the sandy shoreline.
Every year, the emirate hosts several events and festivals including Dubai Summer Surprises, the Dubai World Cup, Dubai International Jazz Festival, and the UAE Desert Challenge.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...