Hungarian President enjoys eco-friendly tours during official visit to Vietnam
The Hungarian President and his wife, Ader Janos, recently completed a five-day official visit to Vietnam where they were both treated to a series of eco tours of key attractions including the Mekong Delta province. President Janos' trip comes at a time when Vietnam is looking to develop its branding by highlighting Vietnam's key assets which include eco-friendly holidays.
The Hungarian President, Ader Janos and his wife were treated to a taste of some of the best eco-attractions Vietnam has to offer during a recent official visit to the Southeast Asian country. As part of an effort to boost cooperation between the two countries, President Janos undertook a five-day trip to Vietnam where he was introduced to some of Vietnam’s most beautiful tourist attractions.
The visit, which was heralded as a success, resulted in both sides signing cooperation agreements in the fields of agriculture, technology and communication.
During the five- day visit President Janos and his wife enjoyed a series of eco tours in Vietnam including a tour of the Mekong Delta where they learned about the province’s outstanding performance in agricultural production as well as the steps put into place to deal with issues related to climate change and natural disasters.
Other highlights from the visit included a boat tour of the Tien River, a visit to a local fish breeding farm and a tour of some of the ancient houses in My Tho city where the President and his wife also enjoyed a local folk music performance know as “don ca tai tu”.
The Hungarian President’s visit comes at a time when Vietnam is looking to develop the marketing of its tourism product, including its eco tourism offerings, in an effort to entice more travellers to book holidays toVietnam.
Nguyen Van Tuan, the General Director of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), recently unveiled Vietnam’s newly developed tourism brand guidelines. The manual highlights Vietnam’s core assets, which VNAT has categorized as “Time”, “Intensity”, “Mystery” and “Commitment”. Under these assets the manual also identifies Vietnam’s leading products- sea and island, culture, city tours and eco tourism.
Vietnam is one of the best-loved Southeast Asian holiday destinations with Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City the top two most visited cities in Vietnam. Recent statistics showed that Vietnam welcomed 608,617 international holidaymakers in November 2014. China is by far the largest source market for Vietnam and November was no different despite the fact that a territorial dispute has resulted in a slowdown in arrivals from China for much of the second half of 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Theme park Excitement for the whole family at vinpearl phu quoc resort and golf
- With over 2000 rare animals representing more than 130 species, Vinpearl Safari is the largest open-range Safari park in Veitnam
- Take advantage of the local tourist markets, where you can test your bartering skills
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc, an amazing theme park designed to entertain the whole family
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...