Hungarian President enjoys eco-friendly tours during official visit to Vietnam
The Hungarian President and his wife, Ader Janos, recently completed a five-day official visit to Vietnam where they were both treated to a series of eco tours of key attractions including the Mekong Delta province. President Janos' trip comes at a time when Vietnam is looking to develop its branding by highlighting Vietnam's key assets which include eco-friendly holidays.
The Hungarian President, Ader Janos and his wife were treated to a taste of some of the best eco-attractions Vietnam has to offer during a recent official visit to the Southeast Asian country. As part of an effort to boost cooperation between the two countries, President Janos undertook a five-day trip to Vietnam where he was introduced to some of Vietnam’s most beautiful tourist attractions.
The visit, which was heralded as a success, resulted in both sides signing cooperation agreements in the fields of agriculture, technology and communication.
During the five- day visit President Janos and his wife enjoyed a series of eco tours in Vietnam including a tour of the Mekong Delta where they learned about the province’s outstanding performance in agricultural production as well as the steps put into place to deal with issues related to climate change and natural disasters.
Other highlights from the visit included a boat tour of the Tien River, a visit to a local fish breeding farm and a tour of some of the ancient houses in My Tho city where the President and his wife also enjoyed a local folk music performance know as “don ca tai tu”.
The Hungarian President’s visit comes at a time when Vietnam is looking to develop the marketing of its tourism product, including its eco tourism offerings, in an effort to entice more travellers to book holidays toVietnam.
Nguyen Van Tuan, the General Director of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), recently unveiled Vietnam’s newly developed tourism brand guidelines. The manual highlights Vietnam’s core assets, which VNAT has categorized as “Time”, “Intensity”, “Mystery” and “Commitment”. Under these assets the manual also identifies Vietnam’s leading products- sea and island, culture, city tours and eco tourism.
Vietnam is one of the best-loved Southeast Asian holiday destinations with Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City the top two most visited cities in Vietnam. Recent statistics showed that Vietnam welcomed 608,617 international holidaymakers in November 2014. China is by far the largest source market for Vietnam and November was no different despite the fact that a territorial dispute has resulted in a slowdown in arrivals from China for much of the second half of 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Treat you and your family to stay in vibrant city of Nha Trang where you will find that there is something for everyone
- You will find something to everyone's tastes at the hotel restaurant 'The Square', with its extensive global buffet
- The hotel includes both an outdoor pool bar and beach bar so you never have to go far to find that tropical cocktail
- All the rooms at the Novotel Nha trang have their own private balconies and idyllic sea views
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Witness the beauty of Vietnam for yourself with its awe-inspiring landscapes and fascinating history before rejuvenating on the beachfront on the idyllic island of Phu Quoc
- Try your hand at haggling in the vibrant Ben Thanh Market
- Watch the world go by as you cruise through the Mekong Delta
- Ideal beachfront break on the tropical island of Phu Quoc to finish
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...