Hungarian President enjoys eco-friendly tours during official visit to Vietnam
The Hungarian President and his wife, Ader Janos, recently completed a five-day official visit to Vietnam where they were both treated to a series of eco tours of key attractions including the Mekong Delta province. President Janos' trip comes at a time when Vietnam is looking to develop its branding by highlighting Vietnam's key assets which include eco-friendly holidays.
The Hungarian President, Ader Janos and his wife were treated to a taste of some of the best eco-attractions Vietnam has to offer during a recent official visit to the Southeast Asian country. As part of an effort to boost cooperation between the two countries, President Janos undertook a five-day trip to Vietnam where he was introduced to some of Vietnam’s most beautiful tourist attractions.
The visit, which was heralded as a success, resulted in both sides signing cooperation agreements in the fields of agriculture, technology and communication.
During the five- day visit President Janos and his wife enjoyed a series of eco tours in Vietnam including a tour of the Mekong Delta where they learned about the province’s outstanding performance in agricultural production as well as the steps put into place to deal with issues related to climate change and natural disasters.
Other highlights from the visit included a boat tour of the Tien River, a visit to a local fish breeding farm and a tour of some of the ancient houses in My Tho city where the President and his wife also enjoyed a local folk music performance know as “don ca tai tu”.
The Hungarian President’s visit comes at a time when Vietnam is looking to develop the marketing of its tourism product, including its eco tourism offerings, in an effort to entice more travellers to book holidays toVietnam.
Nguyen Van Tuan, the General Director of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), recently unveiled Vietnam’s newly developed tourism brand guidelines. The manual highlights Vietnam’s core assets, which VNAT has categorized as “Time”, “Intensity”, “Mystery” and “Commitment”. Under these assets the manual also identifies Vietnam’s leading products- sea and island, culture, city tours and eco tourism.
Vietnam is one of the best-loved Southeast Asian holiday destinations with Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City the top two most visited cities in Vietnam. Recent statistics showed that Vietnam welcomed 608,617 international holidaymakers in November 2014. China is by far the largest source market for Vietnam and November was no different despite the fact that a territorial dispute has resulted in a slowdown in arrivals from China for much of the second half of 2014.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Theme park Excitement for the whole family at vinpearl phu quoc resort and golf
- With over 2000 rare animals representing more than 130 species, Vinpearl Safari is the largest open-range Safari park in Veitnam
- Take advantage of the local tourist markets, where you can test your bartering skills
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc, an amazing theme park designed to entertain the whole family
Combining exciting excursions and activities with the stunning heritage sites of central Vietnam, this trip has it all
Enjoy a beach side retreat with a variety of exciting activities that is also surrounded by three incredible UNESCO sites in the Da Nang area of Vietnam
- Stunning beachside accommodation with a modern Asian influence
- Golf courses designed by golfing legends and professionals a matter of minutes from the resort
- Resort activities including jet skiing, ocean kayaking, Tai Chi and many more
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Located on the stunning Bai Dai beach, Vinpearl Phu Quoc Resort and Golf has it all to make your holiday unforgettable,...
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...