Sandals teams up with award-winning vineyard
All-inclusive hotel brand Sandals has partnered with an award-winning Napa Valley vineyard to expand its house wine list and design a programme of free wine events including tastings, pairings and wine and cheese evenings. From March next year the new fine wines will be available at all signature restaurants across the company's 14 Caribbean resorts.
Luxury all-inclusive resort chain, Sandals, has plans to expand its complimentary wine list and offer guests free wine tastings from March 2015. A new collaboration with Robert Mondavi Wines will see wines from the award-winning Napa Valley vineyard available at all of the brand’s Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants plus a programme of in-resort wine events.
Sandals Resorts and Beaches will offer guests the opportunity to expand their knowledge of wine through wine pairing courses, weekly wine and cheese receptions and wine tastings. Resort employees are being expertly trained in everything from glassware selection to wine list advice to complement the experience.
“Like Sandals, Mr. Robert Mondavi always believed wine, food and good company enrich the soul and contribute to a gracious lifestyle,” said Robert Mondavi Winery’s senior wine educator Dana Andrus.
"This partnership is all about the belief that we can enhance the consumer experience by matching wonderful food served in spectacular locations with the enjoyment of great wines."
The new fine wine offering includes a selection of six complimentary house wines, increased from four varietals – Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. According to Sandals, the wines were selected for their ability to pair with key dishes from the resorts’ restaurants. Wines from California, Washington, Australia, Italy and New Zealand will also be available on the newly-enhanced Manager’s Wine List at all signature Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants.
Sandals Resorts International chair Gordon Stewart explained the motivation behind the new partnership,
"Our guests, like most consumers, are enjoying more wine at home and becoming more knowledgeable on the subject, and we want to ensure that when they visit one of our resorts, their wine experience – from selection to service – exceeds expectations. To be the best, we have to partner with one of the world’s best and Robert Mondavi Wines fits the bill."
Sandals also recently announced the expansion of its Discovery Dining experience to include the Steakhouse, Indian, Southern and Tapas concepts. Guests can now experience authentic global cuisine at 21 different restaurant concepts, which include Classic French, Italian, Caribbean, Japanese and English pub fare. Gourmet dining is accompanied by matching premium drinks, from authentic beers including Singha from Thailand and Britain’s Newcastle Brown to new signature cocktails featuring local Caribbean ingredients and house-infused liquors, such as Scotch Bonnet pepper-infused tequila and grilled pineapple and ginger rum.
There are 14 Sandals Resorts across the Caribbean in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados and Grenada. The resorts all have beachfront settings and the company has won awards for the high standard of its all-inclusive offering.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...