Sandals teams up with award-winning vineyard
All-inclusive hotel brand Sandals has partnered with an award-winning Napa Valley vineyard to expand its house wine list and design a programme of free wine events including tastings, pairings and wine and cheese evenings. From March next year the new fine wines will be available at all signature restaurants across the company's 14 Caribbean resorts.
Luxury all-inclusive resort chain, Sandals, has plans to expand its complimentary wine list and offer guests free wine tastings from March 2015. A new collaboration with Robert Mondavi Wines will see wines from the award-winning Napa Valley vineyard available at all of the brand’s Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants plus a programme of in-resort wine events.
Sandals Resorts and Beaches will offer guests the opportunity to expand their knowledge of wine through wine pairing courses, weekly wine and cheese receptions and wine tastings. Resort employees are being expertly trained in everything from glassware selection to wine list advice to complement the experience.
“Like Sandals, Mr. Robert Mondavi always believed wine, food and good company enrich the soul and contribute to a gracious lifestyle,” said Robert Mondavi Winery’s senior wine educator Dana Andrus.
"This partnership is all about the belief that we can enhance the consumer experience by matching wonderful food served in spectacular locations with the enjoyment of great wines."
The new fine wine offering includes a selection of six complimentary house wines, increased from four varietals – Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. According to Sandals, the wines were selected for their ability to pair with key dishes from the resorts’ restaurants. Wines from California, Washington, Australia, Italy and New Zealand will also be available on the newly-enhanced Manager’s Wine List at all signature Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants.
Sandals Resorts International chair Gordon Stewart explained the motivation behind the new partnership,
"Our guests, like most consumers, are enjoying more wine at home and becoming more knowledgeable on the subject, and we want to ensure that when they visit one of our resorts, their wine experience – from selection to service – exceeds expectations. To be the best, we have to partner with one of the world’s best and Robert Mondavi Wines fits the bill."
Sandals also recently announced the expansion of its Discovery Dining experience to include the Steakhouse, Indian, Southern and Tapas concepts. Guests can now experience authentic global cuisine at 21 different restaurant concepts, which include Classic French, Italian, Caribbean, Japanese and English pub fare. Gourmet dining is accompanied by matching premium drinks, from authentic beers including Singha from Thailand and Britain’s Newcastle Brown to new signature cocktails featuring local Caribbean ingredients and house-infused liquors, such as Scotch Bonnet pepper-infused tequila and grilled pineapple and ginger rum.
There are 14 Sandals Resorts across the Caribbean in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados and Grenada. The resorts all have beachfront settings and the company has won awards for the high standard of its all-inclusive offering.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...