Sandals teams up with award-winning vineyard
All-inclusive hotel brand Sandals has partnered with an award-winning Napa Valley vineyard to expand its house wine list and design a programme of free wine events including tastings, pairings and wine and cheese evenings. From March next year the new fine wines will be available at all signature restaurants across the company's 14 Caribbean resorts.
Luxury all-inclusive resort chain, Sandals, has plans to expand its complimentary wine list and offer guests free wine tastings from March 2015. A new collaboration with Robert Mondavi Wines will see wines from the award-winning Napa Valley vineyard available at all of the brand’s Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants plus a programme of in-resort wine events.
Sandals Resorts and Beaches will offer guests the opportunity to expand their knowledge of wine through wine pairing courses, weekly wine and cheese receptions and wine tastings. Resort employees are being expertly trained in everything from glassware selection to wine list advice to complement the experience.
“Like Sandals, Mr. Robert Mondavi always believed wine, food and good company enrich the soul and contribute to a gracious lifestyle,” said Robert Mondavi Winery’s senior wine educator Dana Andrus.
"This partnership is all about the belief that we can enhance the consumer experience by matching wonderful food served in spectacular locations with the enjoyment of great wines."
The new fine wine offering includes a selection of six complimentary house wines, increased from four varietals – Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. According to Sandals, the wines were selected for their ability to pair with key dishes from the resorts’ restaurants. Wines from California, Washington, Australia, Italy and New Zealand will also be available on the newly-enhanced Manager’s Wine List at all signature Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts restaurants.
Sandals Resorts International chair Gordon Stewart explained the motivation behind the new partnership,
"Our guests, like most consumers, are enjoying more wine at home and becoming more knowledgeable on the subject, and we want to ensure that when they visit one of our resorts, their wine experience – from selection to service – exceeds expectations. To be the best, we have to partner with one of the world’s best and Robert Mondavi Wines fits the bill."
Sandals also recently announced the expansion of its Discovery Dining experience to include the Steakhouse, Indian, Southern and Tapas concepts. Guests can now experience authentic global cuisine at 21 different restaurant concepts, which include Classic French, Italian, Caribbean, Japanese and English pub fare. Gourmet dining is accompanied by matching premium drinks, from authentic beers including Singha from Thailand and Britain’s Newcastle Brown to new signature cocktails featuring local Caribbean ingredients and house-infused liquors, such as Scotch Bonnet pepper-infused tequila and grilled pineapple and ginger rum.
There are 14 Sandals Resorts across the Caribbean in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados and Grenada. The resorts all have beachfront settings and the company has won awards for the high standard of its all-inclusive offering.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...