Mahekal Beach Resort to reopen in Mexico this December
The Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, will open its doors to guests on 15th December, 2014, following a $10 million renovation project. The resort is located between the Riviera Maya jungle and the largest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen. A as well as new grass thatched-roof bungalows, its upgraded facilities include two swimming pools, two restaurants and three bars.
This month will see the opening of the Mahekal Beach Resort, following a multi-million-dollar refurbishment programme.
The luxury resort, which is located near Cancun between the verdant Riviera Maya jungle and the longest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen, will reopen to holidaymakers on 15th December, 2014.
The $10 million refurbishment programme included the addition of 122 new grass thatched-roof bungalows laid out in two different Caribe and Aventura sections, and an array of upscale facilities, including two swimming pools, one oceanfront Jacuzzi, two gourmet restaurants, and three bars.
Bungalows are a short distance from the private stretch of white sand beach where guests can relax on lounge chairs. Surrounded by lush vegetation and colourful bougainvillea, holidaymakers will have a choice of Garden View and Ocean View, to Penthouses and Ocean Front bungalows, with private hammocks and outdoor terraces, and some with private plunge pools.
The design of the luxury beachfront resort is bohemian gypsy with Mexican accents and unique features include orange ping pong tables, Missoni-esque fabrics in the lobby, and The Color Condition artwork created with colourful, shredded plastic tablecloths in Boli's restaurant.
Guests can enjoy delicious authentic Mexican and international cuisine at the restaurants and room service is delivered by staff members on vintage bikes with woven rattan baskets.
During their stay, tourists can visit the vibrant 5th Avenue (Quinta Avenida) in Playa del Carmen with its shops, bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
The Riviera Maya is situated approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the coastal region is home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes and wildlife species. Tourists can unwind on pristine beaches, swim in natural lagoons or the sparkling turquoise ocean, hike through thriving nature reserves, or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...