Mahekal Beach Resort to reopen in Mexico this December
The Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, will open its doors to guests on 15th December, 2014, following a $10 million renovation project. The resort is located between the Riviera Maya jungle and the largest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen. A as well as new grass thatched-roof bungalows, its upgraded facilities include two swimming pools, two restaurants and three bars.
This month will see the opening of the Mahekal Beach Resort, following a multi-million-dollar refurbishment programme.
The luxury resort, which is located near Cancun between the verdant Riviera Maya jungle and the longest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen, will reopen to holidaymakers on 15th December, 2014.
The $10 million refurbishment programme included the addition of 122 new grass thatched-roof bungalows laid out in two different Caribe and Aventura sections, and an array of upscale facilities, including two swimming pools, one oceanfront Jacuzzi, two gourmet restaurants, and three bars.
Bungalows are a short distance from the private stretch of white sand beach where guests can relax on lounge chairs. Surrounded by lush vegetation and colourful bougainvillea, holidaymakers will have a choice of Garden View and Ocean View, to Penthouses and Ocean Front bungalows, with private hammocks and outdoor terraces, and some with private plunge pools.
The design of the luxury beachfront resort is bohemian gypsy with Mexican accents and unique features include orange ping pong tables, Missoni-esque fabrics in the lobby, and The Color Condition artwork created with colourful, shredded plastic tablecloths in Boli's restaurant.
Guests can enjoy delicious authentic Mexican and international cuisine at the restaurants and room service is delivered by staff members on vintage bikes with woven rattan baskets.
During their stay, tourists can visit the vibrant 5th Avenue (Quinta Avenida) in Playa del Carmen with its shops, bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
The Riviera Maya is situated approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the coastal region is home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes and wildlife species. Tourists can unwind on pristine beaches, swim in natural lagoons or the sparkling turquoise ocean, hike through thriving nature reserves, or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...