Mahekal Beach Resort to reopen in Mexico this December
The Mahekal Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, will open its doors to guests on 15th December, 2014, following a $10 million renovation project. The resort is located between the Riviera Maya jungle and the largest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen. A as well as new grass thatched-roof bungalows, its upgraded facilities include two swimming pools, two restaurants and three bars.
This month will see the opening of the Mahekal Beach Resort, following a multi-million-dollar refurbishment programme.
The luxury resort, which is located near Cancun between the verdant Riviera Maya jungle and the longest stretch of beach in Playa del Carmen, will reopen to holidaymakers on 15th December, 2014.
The $10 million refurbishment programme included the addition of 122 new grass thatched-roof bungalows laid out in two different Caribe and Aventura sections, and an array of upscale facilities, including two swimming pools, one oceanfront Jacuzzi, two gourmet restaurants, and three bars.
Bungalows are a short distance from the private stretch of white sand beach where guests can relax on lounge chairs. Surrounded by lush vegetation and colourful bougainvillea, holidaymakers will have a choice of Garden View and Ocean View, to Penthouses and Ocean Front bungalows, with private hammocks and outdoor terraces, and some with private plunge pools.
The design of the luxury beachfront resort is bohemian gypsy with Mexican accents and unique features include orange ping pong tables, Missoni-esque fabrics in the lobby, and The Color Condition artwork created with colourful, shredded plastic tablecloths in Boli's restaurant.
Guests can enjoy delicious authentic Mexican and international cuisine at the restaurants and room service is delivered by staff members on vintage bikes with woven rattan baskets.
During their stay, tourists can visit the vibrant 5th Avenue (Quinta Avenida) in Playa del Carmen with its shops, bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
The Riviera Maya is situated approximately 40 miles south of Cancun and the coastal region is home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes and wildlife species. Tourists can unwind on pristine beaches, swim in natural lagoons or the sparkling turquoise ocean, hike through thriving nature reserves, or explore the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...