Latour launches Jewish and LGBT themed tours to Cuba
Latour has launched a series of themed tours to Cuba for Jewish tourists and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) travellers. The "Shalom Cuba" tour features meet-ups with Jewish Cubans at synagogues and visits to Cuba's only kosher butcher, while on the "LGBT Cuba" tours travellers can meet with artists, dancers and musicians on the island and visit El Mejunje, the thriving scene for disco and drag in Cuba.
Latour has launched new tours to the Caribbean island of Cuba for both Jewish and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) travellers.
The Isramworld company is providing themed tours to Cuba for tourists who are looking to explore the country’s Jewish and LGBT offerings.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour will open up Jewish life under the Castro regime and participants will meet with Jewish Cubans in their synagogues, community centres, and visit the country’s only kosher butcher and a nursery school. The tour will include stops in Havana, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos and Trinidad.
The "LGBT Cuba" tour will teach tourists about the social challenges that LGBT residents face in Cuba. Visitors will meet with artists, dancers and musicians; visit the National Centre for sex education and research; and head to El Mejunje, which is renowned for its lively disco and drag scenes.
The tour also includes a stop at the Muraleando art project, where hundreds of vibrant murals cover the walls.
A third "Hello Cuba" tour will also be launched under the tour group’s people-to-people programmes and will take U.S visitors on a trip to Cuba, visiting the Museum of the Revolution and Finca Vigia, the winter home of Ernest Hemingway in Havana. The tour wil then move on to Cienfuegos and Trinidad where highlights include meetings with local talented artists and performers at the Experimental Graphic Arts Workshop and the Havana Compras Dance Company.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour departs on 18th January, 18th February, 8th and 15th March, 19th April 19, 2015.
The "LGBT Cuba" tours depart on 23rd January, 14th February, 6th March, 17th April, and 1st May, 2015.
"Hello Cuba" tours take place on 27th December, 2014, 10th January, and 7th and 21st February, 2015.
All tours start from $3,799 and Latour is offering a savings of up to $500 per person on all departures to Cuba booked by 22nd December, 2014.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including pristine beaches and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Travel to Cuba is becoming easier for American tourists after U.S President Obama eased some of the restrictions in 2011 on the ongoing decades-long US-Cuba travel embargo. American tourists can now visit Cuba for educational, academic, cultural and religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...