Latour launches Jewish and LGBT themed tours to Cuba
Latour has launched a series of themed tours to Cuba for Jewish tourists and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) travellers. The "Shalom Cuba" tour features meet-ups with Jewish Cubans at synagogues and visits to Cuba's only kosher butcher, while on the "LGBT Cuba" tours travellers can meet with artists, dancers and musicians on the island and visit El Mejunje, the thriving scene for disco and drag in Cuba.
Latour has launched new tours to the Caribbean island of Cuba for both Jewish and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) travellers.
The Isramworld company is providing themed tours to Cuba for tourists who are looking to explore the country’s Jewish and LGBT offerings.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour will open up Jewish life under the Castro regime and participants will meet with Jewish Cubans in their synagogues, community centres, and visit the country’s only kosher butcher and a nursery school. The tour will include stops in Havana, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos and Trinidad.
The "LGBT Cuba" tour will teach tourists about the social challenges that LGBT residents face in Cuba. Visitors will meet with artists, dancers and musicians; visit the National Centre for sex education and research; and head to El Mejunje, which is renowned for its lively disco and drag scenes.
The tour also includes a stop at the Muraleando art project, where hundreds of vibrant murals cover the walls.
A third "Hello Cuba" tour will also be launched under the tour group’s people-to-people programmes and will take U.S visitors on a trip to Cuba, visiting the Museum of the Revolution and Finca Vigia, the winter home of Ernest Hemingway in Havana. The tour wil then move on to Cienfuegos and Trinidad where highlights include meetings with local talented artists and performers at the Experimental Graphic Arts Workshop and the Havana Compras Dance Company.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour departs on 18th January, 18th February, 8th and 15th March, 19th April 19, 2015.
The "LGBT Cuba" tours depart on 23rd January, 14th February, 6th March, 17th April, and 1st May, 2015.
"Hello Cuba" tours take place on 27th December, 2014, 10th January, and 7th and 21st February, 2015.
All tours start from $3,799 and Latour is offering a savings of up to $500 per person on all departures to Cuba booked by 22nd December, 2014.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including pristine beaches and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Travel to Cuba is becoming easier for American tourists after U.S President Obama eased some of the restrictions in 2011 on the ongoing decades-long US-Cuba travel embargo. American tourists can now visit Cuba for educational, academic, cultural and religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...