Latour launches Jewish and LGBT themed tours to Cuba
Latour has launched a series of themed tours to Cuba for Jewish tourists and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) travellers. The "Shalom Cuba" tour features meet-ups with Jewish Cubans at synagogues and visits to Cuba's only kosher butcher, while on the "LGBT Cuba" tours travellers can meet with artists, dancers and musicians on the island and visit El Mejunje, the thriving scene for disco and drag in Cuba.
Latour has launched new tours to the Caribbean island of Cuba for both Jewish and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) travellers.
The Isramworld company is providing themed tours to Cuba for tourists who are looking to explore the country’s Jewish and LGBT offerings.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour will open up Jewish life under the Castro regime and participants will meet with Jewish Cubans in their synagogues, community centres, and visit the country’s only kosher butcher and a nursery school. The tour will include stops in Havana, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos and Trinidad.
The "LGBT Cuba" tour will teach tourists about the social challenges that LGBT residents face in Cuba. Visitors will meet with artists, dancers and musicians; visit the National Centre for sex education and research; and head to El Mejunje, which is renowned for its lively disco and drag scenes.
The tour also includes a stop at the Muraleando art project, where hundreds of vibrant murals cover the walls.
A third "Hello Cuba" tour will also be launched under the tour group’s people-to-people programmes and will take U.S visitors on a trip to Cuba, visiting the Museum of the Revolution and Finca Vigia, the winter home of Ernest Hemingway in Havana. The tour wil then move on to Cienfuegos and Trinidad where highlights include meetings with local talented artists and performers at the Experimental Graphic Arts Workshop and the Havana Compras Dance Company.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour departs on 18th January, 18th February, 8th and 15th March, 19th April 19, 2015.
The "LGBT Cuba" tours depart on 23rd January, 14th February, 6th March, 17th April, and 1st May, 2015.
"Hello Cuba" tours take place on 27th December, 2014, 10th January, and 7th and 21st February, 2015.
All tours start from $3,799 and Latour is offering a savings of up to $500 per person on all departures to Cuba booked by 22nd December, 2014.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including pristine beaches and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Travel to Cuba is becoming easier for American tourists after U.S President Obama eased some of the restrictions in 2011 on the ongoing decades-long US-Cuba travel embargo. American tourists can now visit Cuba for educational, academic, cultural and religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...