Latour launches Jewish and LGBT themed tours to Cuba
Latour has launched a series of themed tours to Cuba for Jewish tourists and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) travellers. The "Shalom Cuba" tour features meet-ups with Jewish Cubans at synagogues and visits to Cuba's only kosher butcher, while on the "LGBT Cuba" tours travellers can meet with artists, dancers and musicians on the island and visit El Mejunje, the thriving scene for disco and drag in Cuba.
Latour has launched new tours to the Caribbean island of Cuba for both Jewish and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) travellers.
The Isramworld company is providing themed tours to Cuba for tourists who are looking to explore the country’s Jewish and LGBT offerings.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour will open up Jewish life under the Castro regime and participants will meet with Jewish Cubans in their synagogues, community centres, and visit the country’s only kosher butcher and a nursery school. The tour will include stops in Havana, Santa Clara, Cienfuegos and Trinidad.
The "LGBT Cuba" tour will teach tourists about the social challenges that LGBT residents face in Cuba. Visitors will meet with artists, dancers and musicians; visit the National Centre for sex education and research; and head to El Mejunje, which is renowned for its lively disco and drag scenes.
The tour also includes a stop at the Muraleando art project, where hundreds of vibrant murals cover the walls.
A third "Hello Cuba" tour will also be launched under the tour group’s people-to-people programmes and will take U.S visitors on a trip to Cuba, visiting the Museum of the Revolution and Finca Vigia, the winter home of Ernest Hemingway in Havana. The tour wil then move on to Cienfuegos and Trinidad where highlights include meetings with local talented artists and performers at the Experimental Graphic Arts Workshop and the Havana Compras Dance Company.
The "Shalom Cuba" tour departs on 18th January, 18th February, 8th and 15th March, 19th April 19, 2015.
The "LGBT Cuba" tours depart on 23rd January, 14th February, 6th March, 17th April, and 1st May, 2015.
"Hello Cuba" tours take place on 27th December, 2014, 10th January, and 7th and 21st February, 2015.
All tours start from $3,799 and Latour is offering a savings of up to $500 per person on all departures to Cuba booked by 22nd December, 2014.
Cuba is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea east of Mexico and south of the United States. The communist country is rich in political history and boasts some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including pristine beaches and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Travel to Cuba is becoming easier for American tourists after U.S President Obama eased some of the restrictions in 2011 on the ongoing decades-long US-Cuba travel embargo. American tourists can now visit Cuba for educational, academic, cultural and religious purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...