Royalton White Sands in Jamaica receives Green Globe Certification
Royalton White Sands, Montego Bay in Jamaica has been awarded a Green Globe Certification after being independently audited. The luxury resort incorporates cultural practices, employs local staff, sources local natural ingredients that are used in spa treatments and uses local seasonal produce for the food prepared in its restaurants.
Royalton Luxury Resorts, owned by Blue Diamond Hotels, has announced that the Royalton White Sands, Montego Bay has been awarded Green Globe Certification.
The luxury resort in Jamaica scored well in an independent audit recently after incorporating sustainable practices and involving the local community by employing and training local staff, sourcing local natural ingredients for its spa treatments, and using seasonal local produce for the food in its restaurants.
"We congratulate Royalton White Sands, Montego Bay as the first Royalton Luxury Resorts property to be certified Green Globe. This luxury Jamaican resort scored 73% compliance after being independently audited, which is quite an accomplishment for a first time certification,"
“Green Globe is currently working to certify other properties within the collection, and we commend them for their active and ongoing contribution to sustainable tourism,” stated Guido Bauer, the CEO of Green Globe.
The luxury beachfront resort organises weekly clean-ups of the surrounding area, and the hotel has launched a local tree-planting project to care of the local environment.
“Throughout our day to day operations we seek to educate our guests on the destination that they are visiting and how they can help keep it pristine,” explained Armando Pizzuti, the General Manager for Royalton White Sands, Montego Bay.
"We also have incorporated a number of features within the property that help reduce our environmental impact such as the use of eco-friendly cleaning products, in-room motion sensors to avoid unnecessary lighting and use of air-conditioning and a comprehensive recycling programme.
Green Globe is the official global certification for sustainable tourism and its members are awarded for their energy and water-saving efforts and promotion of environmentally friendly ethics.
Located on a pristine white sand beach, the Royalton White Sands is located in Trelawny on the north-western coast of Jamaica, just forty minutes from the airport.
The all inclusive resort has 352 guest rooms and suites, and upscale facilities including five gourmet restaurants and six bars, an on-site waterpark with children's water playground and water slides, a tranquil spa, and a modern fitness entre.
Guests can enjoy an array of beautiful sights and attractions, such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, tropical botanical gardens, and the majestic Blue Mountains. Visitors can also visit the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the Caribbean island’s historic sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...