Vietnam's Hoi An recognised one of the world's leading hotel destinations
It is no secret that some of the best Vietnam hotels are located in Hoi An, and for anyone who didn't know, hotel booking site Agoda.com has recently named UNESCO World Heritage site - Hoi An as one of the world's top 25 hotel destinations.
The central Vietnam town Hoi An, continues to be recognized by travel experts and insiders as one of the world’s leading holiday destinations. Adding to the town’s already impressive list of accolades, hotel booking website Agoda.com has recently named Hoi An among its list of the world’s top 25 destinations with the highest rated hotels. Hoi An was in good company with other leading destinations like Cape Town and the Maldives topping Agoda’s list. Other notable mentions of Hoi An in recent months include being named the world’s best tourism destination in January 2013 by UK tourism magazine- Wanderlust and being listed by the renowned travel magazine Conde Nast Traveler as the second best Asian City in October 2013.
Hoi An, declared in 1999 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, has long been a key attraction for travellers interested in booking Vietnam holidays with the town welcoming approximately 1.5 million holiday makers each year, 900, 000 of which are foreign travellers. Most locals will agree that one of the major attractions in Hoi An has to be its “Dem Pho Co Hoi An” or Hoi An Ancient Town Night, where Bai Choi an ancient folk game is performed.
Bai Choi is currently under consideration to be listed as a UNESCO intangible world heritage. Recent statistics from Hoi An City’s Department of Trade and Tourism indicate that the Hoi An hotels see a remarkable 263 per cent increase in reservations during the time of the Hoi An Ancient Town Night event which takes places on the 15th day of the lunar calendar every month.
Despite being recognized as one of the world’s must see destinations, it has been a challenging year for Vietnam’s tourism industry especially in the second half of the year. A territory dispute with China, Vietnam’s largest source market, led to decline in international arrivals for five consecutive months since May. The decline in Chinese visitors is likely to have underscored the importance of attracting holidaymakers from other destinations- something which may prove difficult with Vietnam’s limited promotional budget and its resistance to online marketing.
A recent article in Thanh Nien News noted that the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) had once again decided to use its limited budget on television programs with little to no emphasis being placed on the internet- an area which its regional peers like Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore have excelled. In the meantime time trusted third party endorsements like the recent recognition from Agoda will certainly keep Vietnam at the forefront of holidaymaker’s minds when planning their dream escape.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
An in-depth tour of Vietnam seeing everything that makes the country so marvellous from cruises on the Mekong Delta and...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...