Capella Marigot Bay in St Lucia to officially open on 15th December 2014
The long-anticipated opening of the Capella Marigot Bay in St Lucia has been scheduled for 15th December 2014, according to its official website. The former Discovery Hotel was purchased last year by Capella and when it reopens it will have 57 suites and 67 guestrooms, plus an array of upscale facilities such as a Rum Cave, the outdoor Auriga spa, and a selection of gourmet restaurants.
Holidaymakers who have been eagerly awaiting the opening of the Capella Marigot Bay resort will be pleased to know that it is scheduled to open before Christmas.
According to the website of the luxury resort in St Lucia, it will reopen on 15th December, 2014, following months of renovations and upgrades.
The former Discovery at Marigot Bay hotel was purchased in 2013 and when it reopens, it will have 124 one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom rooms, including 57 suites that will cater for couples, families and friends. The suites will feature balconies, full kitchens, and private plunge pools.
Guests will also be able to utilise the services of private nannies, butlers and chefs, and guest rooms will feature free wireless Internet and a complimentary refreshment centre.
The new Rum Cave will be one of the prominent features at the luxury beachfront resort and it will be located in a cove in Marigot Bay. The cave will feature more than 200 varieties of rum and a rum sommelier who will run tastings and pairings for guests. The flowing waterfall that will run through the middle of the resort will end at the Rum cave with outdoor pools featuring underwater lights.
Facilities will include gourmet restaurants including a new resort restaurant called The Grill at 14*61 where guests will be able to take part cooking classes and tasting menus in the open-air chef kitchen; the lavish outdoor Auriga spa, with traditional Auriga-branded and signature Capella treatments that feature cocoa ingredients from the local cocoa plantations; and a fitness centre with modern exercise equipment, and a salon that offers a range of services and treatments, including hair, nails, and makeup.
Capella will also add restaurants, sports bars, cafes, and shops to the Marigot Bay marina area, and guests will be able to participate in a range of fun activities such as scuba diving, deep sea fishing and sailing.
This is one of two Capella properties that will open on the Caribbean coastline, with a second resort located on the Riviera Maya in Mexico.
St Lucia is one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean and the 238-square-mile island is home to spectacular natural delights such as the majestic emerald-sloped Pitons, one of the world’s only drive-thru volcanoes, and several sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...