Capella Marigot Bay in St Lucia to officially open on 15th December 2014
The long-anticipated opening of the Capella Marigot Bay in St Lucia has been scheduled for 15th December 2014, according to its official website. The former Discovery Hotel was purchased last year by Capella and when it reopens it will have 57 suites and 67 guestrooms, plus an array of upscale facilities such as a Rum Cave, the outdoor Auriga spa, and a selection of gourmet restaurants.
Holidaymakers who have been eagerly awaiting the opening of the Capella Marigot Bay resort will be pleased to know that it is scheduled to open before Christmas.
According to the website of the luxury resort in St Lucia, it will reopen on 15th December, 2014, following months of renovations and upgrades.
The former Discovery at Marigot Bay hotel was purchased in 2013 and when it reopens, it will have 124 one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom rooms, including 57 suites that will cater for couples, families and friends. The suites will feature balconies, full kitchens, and private plunge pools.
Guests will also be able to utilise the services of private nannies, butlers and chefs, and guest rooms will feature free wireless Internet and a complimentary refreshment centre.
The new Rum Cave will be one of the prominent features at the luxury beachfront resort and it will be located in a cove in Marigot Bay. The cave will feature more than 200 varieties of rum and a rum sommelier who will run tastings and pairings for guests. The flowing waterfall that will run through the middle of the resort will end at the Rum cave with outdoor pools featuring underwater lights.
Facilities will include gourmet restaurants including a new resort restaurant called The Grill at 14*61 where guests will be able to take part cooking classes and tasting menus in the open-air chef kitchen; the lavish outdoor Auriga spa, with traditional Auriga-branded and signature Capella treatments that feature cocoa ingredients from the local cocoa plantations; and a fitness centre with modern exercise equipment, and a salon that offers a range of services and treatments, including hair, nails, and makeup.
Capella will also add restaurants, sports bars, cafes, and shops to the Marigot Bay marina area, and guests will be able to participate in a range of fun activities such as scuba diving, deep sea fishing and sailing.
This is one of two Capella properties that will open on the Caribbean coastline, with a second resort located on the Riviera Maya in Mexico.
St Lucia is one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean and the 238-square-mile island is home to spectacular natural delights such as the majestic emerald-sloped Pitons, one of the world’s only drive-thru volcanoes, and several sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...