Capella Marigot Bay in St Lucia to officially open on 15th December 2014
The long-anticipated opening of the Capella Marigot Bay in St Lucia has been scheduled for 15th December 2014, according to its official website. The former Discovery Hotel was purchased last year by Capella and when it reopens it will have 57 suites and 67 guestrooms, plus an array of upscale facilities such as a Rum Cave, the outdoor Auriga spa, and a selection of gourmet restaurants.
Holidaymakers who have been eagerly awaiting the opening of the Capella Marigot Bay resort will be pleased to know that it is scheduled to open before Christmas.
According to the website of the luxury resort in St Lucia, it will reopen on 15th December, 2014, following months of renovations and upgrades.
The former Discovery at Marigot Bay hotel was purchased in 2013 and when it reopens, it will have 124 one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom rooms, including 57 suites that will cater for couples, families and friends. The suites will feature balconies, full kitchens, and private plunge pools.
Guests will also be able to utilise the services of private nannies, butlers and chefs, and guest rooms will feature free wireless Internet and a complimentary refreshment centre.
The new Rum Cave will be one of the prominent features at the luxury beachfront resort and it will be located in a cove in Marigot Bay. The cave will feature more than 200 varieties of rum and a rum sommelier who will run tastings and pairings for guests. The flowing waterfall that will run through the middle of the resort will end at the Rum cave with outdoor pools featuring underwater lights.
Facilities will include gourmet restaurants including a new resort restaurant called The Grill at 14*61 where guests will be able to take part cooking classes and tasting menus in the open-air chef kitchen; the lavish outdoor Auriga spa, with traditional Auriga-branded and signature Capella treatments that feature cocoa ingredients from the local cocoa plantations; and a fitness centre with modern exercise equipment, and a salon that offers a range of services and treatments, including hair, nails, and makeup.
Capella will also add restaurants, sports bars, cafes, and shops to the Marigot Bay marina area, and guests will be able to participate in a range of fun activities such as scuba diving, deep sea fishing and sailing.
This is one of two Capella properties that will open on the Caribbean coastline, with a second resort located on the Riviera Maya in Mexico.
St Lucia is one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean and the 238-square-mile island is home to spectacular natural delights such as the majestic emerald-sloped Pitons, one of the world’s only drive-thru volcanoes, and several sugar white sandy beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
- January sale now on with incredible discounts on all rooms
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....