Five Movenpick hotels in Jordan receive Green Globe Certification once again
All five of MÃ¶venpick Hotels & Resorts' properties in Jordan have been certified by Green Globe this year for sustainable operation and management. The luxury hotel group ensures that it provides five-star hospitality while sustaining Jordan's unique tourist attractions, and lowering its environmental footprint.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts has managed to sustain its environmental-friendly status in Jordan after all five of its hotels received Green Globe certification once again.
The hotel group successfully manages to combine five-star hospitality with sustainable practices that help protect the unique and treasured tourist attractions in Jordan and its luxury hotels in the country have been Green Globe certified since 2011.
Located in Aqaba on the Red Sea, Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba and Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba both offer eco-friendly holidays in Jordan with scuba diving opportunities on protected coral reefs, along with upscale culinary and cultural facilities and activities.
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba has invested in solar panels and it has a unique ‘backwash process’, which re-uses the water of the resort’s swimming pools and Jacuzzis for irrigation. The property has also received Blue Flag certification, HACCP and ISO 22000 certification.
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea is located on the lowest point on the Earth, 402 metre below sea level and it was the first hotel in the Middle East to use solar-powered club cars to transport guests within the resort. The property was also named as the ‘Best Sustainable Hotel for Jordan’ by The Arabian Hotel Awards in 2012.
Mövenpick Resort Petra and Mövenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel are located next to the ruins of the ancient city of Petra. Both luxury resorts have installed water saving devices in all showers in guest rooms, as well as in the basins and toilets of restrooms in public areas. The devices decrease the water pressure, which reduces the amount of water used by holidaymakers.
“It is a source of a great pleasure for us at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts to announce that during 2014, Jordan hotels have managed to reduce their utilities consumption,” stated Peter Hoesli, the General Manager of Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and Regional Manager- MH&R of Jordan.
"Consumption of water at our hotels in Jordan declined by 17 per cent from last year, thus saving around 27,882.45 cubic meters until the end of the first half of this year. Electricity consumption dropped by 2.10 percent from last year, saving 266,345.19 kWh until the end of June. Even fuel consumption went down by 15.18 percent from last year, saving around 1,222,061.86 kWh until the second quarter of this year.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification that is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are proven to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
As well as its five hotels in Jordan, Movenpick Hotels & Resorts - a luxury hotel management company - has 78 properties in more than 24 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
Discover historical beauty like never before in Jordan
- The Al Ghadeer Roof Garden provides guests with idyllic views and live music
- Guests may also enjoy the Wellness Centre with outdoor pool, steam bath and fully equipped gym
- The resort offers many recreational opportunities for adults and children alike
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a full day visit of the "Rose Red City" of Petra - a treasure of the ancient world
- Drive along the spectacular 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Spend a day by the Dead Sea, at over 400m below sea level the Dead Sea is a wonderful must-see sight
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...