Vietnam launches first seaplane from Hanoi to Halong Bay
Holidaymakers heading to Halong Bay from Hanoi in Vietnam can now reach it in just 30 minutes thanks to a new seaplane service launched last month. The service has been introduced by Hai Au Aviation via a 42-foot long aircraft that seats 12 passengers and departs from Hanoi's Noi Bai airport at 10am.
Travellers heading to Vietnam and staying in Hanoi will now be able to reach the famous Halong Bay in just 30 minutes thanks to a new seaplane service that was launched last month.
Until recently, the only way tourists could reach Halong Bay was via a four-hour, overland haul flight, but Hai Au Aviation has brought a long-awaited and welcome alternative.
The seaplane departs Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi at 10am and touches down on the water at Tuan Chau Marina. Passengers are then ferried to the Emeraude for a departure at noon to the beautiful Halong Bay.
The 42-foot long aircraft seats 12 passengers and cruises along at 260 km per hour with two pilots. It is said to be the largest single-engine float plane.
Kurt Walter, General Manager of the Emeraude, explained:
"The Hai Au alternative opens up a whole new market segment for Halong Bay,
For many, the prospect of a three to four hour overland drive from Hanoi to Halong Bay is an insurmountable hurdle."
To celebrate the inaugural flight, Hai Au Aviation has launched a joint promotion with Emeraude Classic Cruises until 31st December, 2014.
Costing VND 11,697,000 (around £345) per person, the package includes a one-way flight from Noi Bai to Halong Bay in Vietnam, a private cabin for two, all meals, the cruise, onshore excursions and overland transportation back to Hanoi in a private vehicle. For those who wish to return by plane can take a 4.30 pm flight for an additional charge.
Shaped like a seahorse, Vietnam is a South East Asian country that is rich in history, heritage and culture. The country is home to an array of stunning natural landscapes such as the Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, vast sandy beaches, and emerald undulating hills.
Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts jagged limestone karsts and isles that soar up from calm jade waters.
Additional tourist attractions in Vietnam include the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the War Remnants Museum, the seven-storey-high Thien Mu Pagoda, Vinpearl Land, and the family-friendly Suoi Tien Amusement Park.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Discover Vietnam's vibrant past in Saigon and combine it with a trip to the idyllic tropical sanctuary of Phu Quoc Island for some sun and sea
- Unwind with both of the hotels boasting their own spa
- Ideal central location in the centre of Saigon
- Dine on the freshest seafood, renowned on Phu Quoc Island
Discover a kaleidoscope of colours in the south of Vietnam from the beautiful temples and bustling markets of Saigon to the lush landscapes of the Mekong Delta before ending on the tropical beachfront in Mui Ne
- Idyllic beach break in Mui Ne
- Explore the famous Cu Chi Tunnels from the Vietnam War
- Cruise through the Mekong Delta in a traditional Bassac boat
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...