Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts plan to expand in Cuba
The Canadian-based hotel group, Blue Diamond, has announced that it will be expanding its operations in Cuba. The hotel chain, which operates the Royalton and Memories brands, is the third largest hotel company on the Caribbean island with occupancy levels above 60 per cent, despite only having a presence in the country for three years.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts is planning to expand operations in Cuba, following a successful summer with the domestic market.
The Canadian hotelier is the third largest to operate hotels in Cuba and its properties have occupancy levels above 60 per cent.
Blue Diamond’s main tourists between the months of May to October this year originated from Canada, followed closely by Cuba.
Rafael Villanueva, the Marketing Director of Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts said that the Memories Varadero and Memories Caribe (Cayo Coco) hotels, had more than 80 per cent occupancy on some weekends during the summer.
"All the actions we take to capture the domestic market were a success, hence we will continue betting on this segment in coming periods."
Valeriano Lanzarotti, the General Director of Memories Varadero said that extra-hotel facilities should not bypass the local Cuban market because it accounts for a frontline potential.
“That’s why we are always reinventing ourselves in terms of offers to capture their interest,” he stated.
The Canadian-based hotel group has been operating hotels and luxury beachfront resorts in Cuba for three years with six hotels under its family-friendly Memories brand and its luxury and adults-only Royalton brand.
Cuba is a Caribbean island nation located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is home to breathtaking natural landscapes including miles of white sand pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and an array of ancient ruins and sites.
The island boasts luxury beachfront hotels, world class golf courses, historic cities, virgin cays, turquoise ocean waters and beautiful natural scenery, making it the perfect destination for family-friendly holidays, romantic escapes, or cultural and nature trips.
Popular places include the vibrant capital Havana, the beach resort of Varadero, UNESCO-declared World Heritage cities including Trinidad and Cienfuegos, and the scuba diving favourite, Jardines del Rey.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...