Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts plan to expand in Cuba
The Canadian-based hotel group, Blue Diamond, has announced that it will be expanding its operations in Cuba. The hotel chain, which operates the Royalton and Memories brands, is the third largest hotel company on the Caribbean island with occupancy levels above 60 per cent, despite only having a presence in the country for three years.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts is planning to expand operations in Cuba, following a successful summer with the domestic market.
The Canadian hotelier is the third largest to operate hotels in Cuba and its properties have occupancy levels above 60 per cent.
Blue Diamond’s main tourists between the months of May to October this year originated from Canada, followed closely by Cuba.
Rafael Villanueva, the Marketing Director of Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts said that the Memories Varadero and Memories Caribe (Cayo Coco) hotels, had more than 80 per cent occupancy on some weekends during the summer.
"All the actions we take to capture the domestic market were a success, hence we will continue betting on this segment in coming periods."
Valeriano Lanzarotti, the General Director of Memories Varadero said that extra-hotel facilities should not bypass the local Cuban market because it accounts for a frontline potential.
“That’s why we are always reinventing ourselves in terms of offers to capture their interest,” he stated.
The Canadian-based hotel group has been operating hotels and luxury beachfront resorts in Cuba for three years with six hotels under its family-friendly Memories brand and its luxury and adults-only Royalton brand.
Cuba is a Caribbean island nation located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is home to breathtaking natural landscapes including miles of white sand pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and an array of ancient ruins and sites.
The island boasts luxury beachfront hotels, world class golf courses, historic cities, virgin cays, turquoise ocean waters and beautiful natural scenery, making it the perfect destination for family-friendly holidays, romantic escapes, or cultural and nature trips.
Popular places include the vibrant capital Havana, the beach resort of Varadero, UNESCO-declared World Heritage cities including Trinidad and Cienfuegos, and the scuba diving favourite, Jardines del Rey.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...