Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts plan to expand in Cuba
The Canadian-based hotel group, Blue Diamond, has announced that it will be expanding its operations in Cuba. The hotel chain, which operates the Royalton and Memories brands, is the third largest hotel company on the Caribbean island with occupancy levels above 60 per cent, despite only having a presence in the country for three years.
Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts is planning to expand operations in Cuba, following a successful summer with the domestic market.
The Canadian hotelier is the third largest to operate hotels in Cuba and its properties have occupancy levels above 60 per cent.
Blue Diamond’s main tourists between the months of May to October this year originated from Canada, followed closely by Cuba.
Rafael Villanueva, the Marketing Director of Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts said that the Memories Varadero and Memories Caribe (Cayo Coco) hotels, had more than 80 per cent occupancy on some weekends during the summer.
"All the actions we take to capture the domestic market were a success, hence we will continue betting on this segment in coming periods."
Valeriano Lanzarotti, the General Director of Memories Varadero said that extra-hotel facilities should not bypass the local Cuban market because it accounts for a frontline potential.
“That’s why we are always reinventing ourselves in terms of offers to capture their interest,” he stated.
The Canadian-based hotel group has been operating hotels and luxury beachfront resorts in Cuba for three years with six hotels under its family-friendly Memories brand and its luxury and adults-only Royalton brand.
Cuba is a Caribbean island nation located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It is home to breathtaking natural landscapes including miles of white sand pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and an array of ancient ruins and sites.
The island boasts luxury beachfront hotels, world class golf courses, historic cities, virgin cays, turquoise ocean waters and beautiful natural scenery, making it the perfect destination for family-friendly holidays, romantic escapes, or cultural and nature trips.
Popular places include the vibrant capital Havana, the beach resort of Varadero, UNESCO-declared World Heritage cities including Trinidad and Cienfuegos, and the scuba diving favourite, Jardines del Rey.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...