Construction begins at Golfito Marina Village and Resort in Costa Rica
Construction of the Golfito Marina Village and Resort in Costa Rica has officially started. The first phase of the new world-class eco-tourism and yachting destination is the deep-water marina which is expected to be completed in 2015. Residential and resort development will commence shortly after the start of the construction of the marina and it will feature villas with spacious two to six bedroom guest rooms with views overlooking Golfito Bay.
Construction has officially started of the Golfito Marina Village and Resort, a new world-class yachting and eco-tourism destination in Costa Rica.
The resort is being developed at a unique location in Costa Rica that was once inaccessible to travellers and it has been called "the most biologically intense place on Earth" by National Geographic Magazine.
The first phase of the deep-water marina at the eco-resort is expected to be completed in 2015 and will include 50 yacht slips out of 132 in total, each of which will have private and secure berths designated for yachts up to 350 feet long.
Developers of the project are working closely with local authorities in Costa Rica and the community, to ensure that is an eco-friendly resort.
Noam Schwartz, the Principal of Hacienda El Dorado, the development team behind Golfito Marina Village and Resort, proudly explained:
"We are delivering a world-class luxury resort destination to one of the most beautiful places on earth.
"Golfito and the surrounding areas are environmentally sacred places, which we will embrace through our design.
"This truly will be a luxury vacation destination unlike any other."
The marina will feature a yacht club, a full service boat yard, on-site customs and immigration, restaurants, and accommodation for yacht captains and crew.
Golfito Bay is also the only approved drop-off and pick-up zone on the west coast of Central and South America for yacht transport ships.
Soon after the start of construction of the marina, the resort's residential and amenity development will commence. The luxury resort will have an array of spacious two to six-bedroom villas offering stunning views of Golfito Bay and they will embrace the natural surroundings.
Facilities at the complex will include a lavish open air spa, a fitness centre, swimming pools, and an island restaurant with a night club.
Adventurous holidaymakers will also be able to enjoy fun activities at the luxury eco-friendly resort such as zip-lining through lush tropical rainforests, horse riding, rafting, rainforest tours and hikes, sport fishing and surfing trips.
Costa Rica is a country in Central America is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt white and golden sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...