Cuba expects 200 cruise ships in 2014/2015 winter season
Cuba is expecting 200 cruise ships this upcoming winter season, according to a tourism official. The president of the International Tour Operators and Travel Agents Group Havanatur, Jose Manuel Bisbe, says that the Caribbean island will see calls from the British Cruise Ship Thomson Dreams, the Canadian Cuba Cruise, Panorama, and the Star Clippers.
As the winter months approach, so does the Caribbean's high season and travellers all over the world are busy booking their cruise holidays to the tropical region.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is expecting to receive 200 cruise ships during the 2014/2015 season, according to the President of the International Tour Operators and Travel Agents Group Havanatur, Jose Manuel Bisbe.
According to Mr Bisbe, visits by tourist and academic boats and ships are expected to surpass the 2013 record of nearly 200 this winter season.
The high season will start on 29th October 2014, and Cuba is expect the arrival of the British Cruise Ship Thomson Dreams with capacity for 2, 000 passengers which will call at Havana harbour.
Other arrivals on the winter agenda include Panorama, the Star Clippers, and Canadian Cuba Cruise, which will take tourists on a seven-day tour around the island.
Last week, Jose Enrique Gonzalez from the Tourism Ministry announced that the city of Cienfuegos, which is located 250 kilometres southeast of Havana, is expecting to receive 53 cruise ships at its port during this winter high season.
Tourism officials are hoping to receive three million international visitors a year and the Caribbean island nation is on target to meet that number by the end of 2014.
Cuba is located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico and is rich in culture, heritage and history. The country is home to pristine white and golden sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, luxury beachfront hotels, historic cities, the world's second largest barrier reef, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, and 236 protected areas.
The country is looking to receive more American travellers this winter season after laws for Cuba travel for U.S residents were relaxed by President Barack Obama in 2011. More Americans have been visiting the island recently thanks to changes that now allow them to travel to the island for cultural, religious, academic, professional and educational reasons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...