Celebrity chefs turn up the heat at Barbados' Cobbler's Cove
Barbados' Cobbler's Cove resort, the island's only Relais and Chateaux hotel, has launched a visiting chef's programme for the New Year showcasing the culinary talents of big-name chefs such as MasterChef UK 2010 winner Dhruv Baker and award-winning South African chef Garth Stroebel.
The luxury Cobbler's Cove Resort, on the west coast of the Caribbean island of Barbados, is treating its guests to a season of special meals cooked by celebrity chefs. The programme of visiting chefs, which begins in the New Year, will see MasterChef winner Dhruv Baker and award-winning South African chef Garth Stroebel take up residencies at the hotel to share their gourmet cuisine with guests.
The chefs will cook four dinners each in the hotel's Camelot restaurant, which was recently awarded Best Restaurant in Barbados 2014 by the Barbados Hotel Association. The gourmet restaurant is headed up by Barbados-born executive chef Michael Harrison who trained under Michel Roux Jr at Le Gavroche in London and has cooked for VIP guests such as the Beckhams and Salma Hayek. They will build on the already successful reputation of Cobbler's Cove as a foodie haven and will complement Chef Michael's gourmet island tours, which are offered to guests at the resort.
Renowned for his innovative modern South African cuisine, Garth Stroebel will take up residence at Cobbler's Cove from 28 - 31 January, 2015, while former MasterChef champion Dhruv Baker will be cooking at the restaurant from 25 - 28 March, 2015. Described by MasterChef judge Greg Wallace as having 'the palate of an angel', Dhruv has worked with some of the world's top chefs including Michel Roux Jr and Tom Kitchin.
Cobbler's Cove is the only property in Barbados to be part of the prestigious Relais and Chateaux collection and is set in a great position along the islands' most sought-after stretch of coastline, with a string of white sand beaches lapped by crystal-clear aquamarine waters. It is one of the Caribbean's best-known luxury hotels, bringing the elegance and charm of an English country house hotel to the tropical landscape of Barbados.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...