Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in Cancun to host Day of the Dead Festivities
Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico will be celebrating the Day of the Dead holiday with a variety of traditional activities. Guests staying at the resort near Cancun on 1st and 2nd November, 2014 will be able to discover how Mexico honours the Celebration of Life and Death by taking part in interactive events, parades and tours.
Holidaymakers will be able to celebrate the Day of the Dead holiday in the Riviera Maya, Mexico in November at Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort.
The luxury resort near Cancun will be hosting an array of activities to honour the Celebration of Life and Death on 1st and 2nd November, 2014.
Sandos Caracol will host a series of demonstrative and interactive events such as the Day of the Dead Altars, created by staff members of the hotel - "Sandistas" - and a traditional Mexican cemetery at the luxury beachfront resort where guests can experience the vibrant colours and feel the positive energy.
Traditional music, food and prayers will be offered as candles are lit to illuminate the way for the souls of the deceased and in the evening, guests will gather around the Cenote Cristalino for a candle tribute.
Children from the hotel's Kids' Club can take part in the Calaverita (Mexican Trick-or-Treat), where they will march through the property asking guests for coins or treats in exchange for Calaveritas poems.
The Night Legends Tour will share local legends about the culture and ancient beliefs that continue in the Riviera Maya and there will be two performances: The Legend of "La Llorona" and The Legend of Xtabay.
The final Fire Show ceremony, the Xcalacoco community will unite in a prayer for harmony and the Shaman will give thanks for the sacred elements of Water, Sun, Wind, Earth and Life.
Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort is offering a "Celebration of Life and Death" package with up 45 per cent off room rates starting from 26th October, 2014.
Situated on a white sandy beach in Riviera Maya, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN) and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, the five-star resort is surrounded by an exotic jungle, cenotes, mangroves and a natural sparkling lagoon.
There is a dedicated adults-only section at the resort where tourists over the age of 21 years can relax amid tranquil surroundings. The section has a private beach area, an a la carte restaurant, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Ocean Front Club House, private concierge, and a small business centre.
Facilities at Sandos Caracol include two swimming pools, an aqua park, two tennis courts, watersports centre, theatre and bar, a Kids' Club, an 18-hole Nick Price-designed golf course and club, and a 2,000-square-meter spa with 16 treatment rooms, an open hydrotherapy area with warm and cold pools, saunas, steam baths, solarium, gym, and beauty salon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...