Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in Cancun to host Day of the Dead Festivities
Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico will be celebrating the Day of the Dead holiday with a variety of traditional activities. Guests staying at the resort near Cancun on 1st and 2nd November, 2014 will be able to discover how Mexico honours the Celebration of Life and Death by taking part in interactive events, parades and tours.
Holidaymakers will be able to celebrate the Day of the Dead holiday in the Riviera Maya, Mexico in November at Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort.
The luxury resort near Cancun will be hosting an array of activities to honour the Celebration of Life and Death on 1st and 2nd November, 2014.
Sandos Caracol will host a series of demonstrative and interactive events such as the Day of the Dead Altars, created by staff members of the hotel - "Sandistas" - and a traditional Mexican cemetery at the luxury beachfront resort where guests can experience the vibrant colours and feel the positive energy.
Traditional music, food and prayers will be offered as candles are lit to illuminate the way for the souls of the deceased and in the evening, guests will gather around the Cenote Cristalino for a candle tribute.
Children from the hotel's Kids' Club can take part in the Calaverita (Mexican Trick-or-Treat), where they will march through the property asking guests for coins or treats in exchange for Calaveritas poems.
The Night Legends Tour will share local legends about the culture and ancient beliefs that continue in the Riviera Maya and there will be two performances: The Legend of "La Llorona" and The Legend of Xtabay.
The final Fire Show ceremony, the Xcalacoco community will unite in a prayer for harmony and the Shaman will give thanks for the sacred elements of Water, Sun, Wind, Earth and Life.
Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort is offering a "Celebration of Life and Death" package with up 45 per cent off room rates starting from 26th October, 2014.
Situated on a white sandy beach in Riviera Maya, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN) and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, the five-star resort is surrounded by an exotic jungle, cenotes, mangroves and a natural sparkling lagoon.
There is a dedicated adults-only section at the resort where tourists over the age of 21 years can relax amid tranquil surroundings. The section has a private beach area, an a la carte restaurant, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Ocean Front Club House, private concierge, and a small business centre.
Facilities at Sandos Caracol include two swimming pools, an aqua park, two tennis courts, watersports centre, theatre and bar, a Kids' Club, an 18-hole Nick Price-designed golf course and club, and a 2,000-square-meter spa with 16 treatment rooms, an open hydrotherapy area with warm and cold pools, saunas, steam baths, solarium, gym, and beauty salon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...