Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in Cancun to host Day of the Dead Festivities
Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico will be celebrating the Day of the Dead holiday with a variety of traditional activities. Guests staying at the resort near Cancun on 1st and 2nd November, 2014 will be able to discover how Mexico honours the Celebration of Life and Death by taking part in interactive events, parades and tours.
Holidaymakers will be able to celebrate the Day of the Dead holiday in the Riviera Maya, Mexico in November at Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort.
The luxury resort near Cancun will be hosting an array of activities to honour the Celebration of Life and Death on 1st and 2nd November, 2014.
Sandos Caracol will host a series of demonstrative and interactive events such as the Day of the Dead Altars, created by staff members of the hotel - "Sandistas" - and a traditional Mexican cemetery at the luxury beachfront resort where guests can experience the vibrant colours and feel the positive energy.
Traditional music, food and prayers will be offered as candles are lit to illuminate the way for the souls of the deceased and in the evening, guests will gather around the Cenote Cristalino for a candle tribute.
Children from the hotel's Kids' Club can take part in the Calaverita (Mexican Trick-or-Treat), where they will march through the property asking guests for coins or treats in exchange for Calaveritas poems.
The Night Legends Tour will share local legends about the culture and ancient beliefs that continue in the Riviera Maya and there will be two performances: The Legend of "La Llorona" and The Legend of Xtabay.
The final Fire Show ceremony, the Xcalacoco community will unite in a prayer for harmony and the Shaman will give thanks for the sacred elements of Water, Sun, Wind, Earth and Life.
Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort is offering a "Celebration of Life and Death" package with up 45 per cent off room rates starting from 26th October, 2014.
Situated on a white sandy beach in Riviera Maya, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN) and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, the five-star resort is surrounded by an exotic jungle, cenotes, mangroves and a natural sparkling lagoon.
There is a dedicated adults-only section at the resort where tourists over the age of 21 years can relax amid tranquil surroundings. The section has a private beach area, an a la carte restaurant, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Ocean Front Club House, private concierge, and a small business centre.
Facilities at Sandos Caracol include two swimming pools, an aqua park, two tennis courts, watersports centre, theatre and bar, a Kids' Club, an 18-hole Nick Price-designed golf course and club, and a 2,000-square-meter spa with 16 treatment rooms, an open hydrotherapy area with warm and cold pools, saunas, steam baths, solarium, gym, and beauty salon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...