Heritage Resorts to host top golf tournament in Mauritius
The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius will host the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open in May next year at Heritage Resorts' championship golf course. The tournament, bringing together top talent from the European, Asian and Sunshine tours, will be the biggest sporting event the island has ever seen.
Heritage Golf Club on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius has been chosen to host the world's first tri-sanctioned golf tournament, bringing together top golfers from the European, Asian and Sunshine Tours. The AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open will be the largest sporting event the island has ever hosted and will tee off on 7 May 2015, lasting for four days.
Taking place at Heritage Resorts' world-class golf course in the unspoilt south of the island, the tournament is expected to attract premium golfing talent as well as plenty of fans. The resort, made up of two five-star hotels plus luxury villas, is planning to offer attractive accommodation packages for golfers and fans of the sport.
Forty players from each of the participating tours will take part in the 72-hole stroke play championship and the scores will count towards their individual tours' Order of Merit and World Ranking Points, Race to Dubai and Investec Cup. The winner will be awarded a prize of 1 million Euros.
Set at the heart of the 2,500 hectare Domaine de Bel Ombre estate, Heritage Golf Club is backed by verdant hills rolling down to a sapphire lagoon. The 18-hole championship golf course was named among the top ten in the world in a recent CNN survey and was designed by renowned South African architect, Peter Matkovich.
As well as boasting an esteemed golf course, Heritage Resorts encompasses the five-star Heritage Le Telfair and Heritage Awali hotels and Heritage The Villas, the Frederica Nature Reserve, 12 restaurants and bars, two spa complexes, the C Beach Club, plus two kids and teens' clubs. The area is located right next to a beautiful white sand beach, with excellent facilities that include a kite surfing school.
As well as AfrAsia Bank, the tournament is sponsored by Air Mauritius and the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, who hope to attract more sporting enthusiasts to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. Solana Beach is a luxury 4-star resort that combines natural...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...