Heritage Resorts to host top golf tournament in Mauritius
The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius will host the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open in May next year at Heritage Resorts' championship golf course. The tournament, bringing together top talent from the European, Asian and Sunshine tours, will be the biggest sporting event the island has ever seen.
Heritage Golf Club on the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius has been chosen to host the world's first tri-sanctioned golf tournament, bringing together top golfers from the European, Asian and Sunshine Tours. The AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open will be the largest sporting event the island has ever hosted and will tee off on 7 May 2015, lasting for four days.
Taking place at Heritage Resorts' world-class golf course in the unspoilt south of the island, the tournament is expected to attract premium golfing talent as well as plenty of fans. The resort, made up of two five-star hotels plus luxury villas, is planning to offer attractive accommodation packages for golfers and fans of the sport.
Forty players from each of the participating tours will take part in the 72-hole stroke play championship and the scores will count towards their individual tours' Order of Merit and World Ranking Points, Race to Dubai and Investec Cup. The winner will be awarded a prize of 1 million Euros.
Set at the heart of the 2,500 hectare Domaine de Bel Ombre estate, Heritage Golf Club is backed by verdant hills rolling down to a sapphire lagoon. The 18-hole championship golf course was named among the top ten in the world in a recent CNN survey and was designed by renowned South African architect, Peter Matkovich.
As well as boasting an esteemed golf course, Heritage Resorts encompasses the five-star Heritage Le Telfair and Heritage Awali hotels and Heritage The Villas, the Frederica Nature Reserve, 12 restaurants and bars, two spa complexes, the C Beach Club, plus two kids and teens' clubs. The area is located right next to a beautiful white sand beach, with excellent facilities that include a kite surfing school.
As well as AfrAsia Bank, the tournament is sponsored by Air Mauritius and the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority, who hope to attract more sporting enthusiasts to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Located in a small village on the Northern coast of Mauritius, Hibiscus Beach Resort and Spa is a dream destination for...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...