Asia Leisure to build new luxury hotel in Galle, Sri Lanka
Asia Leisure has announced plans to build a new luxury resort in Galle in Sri Lanka. The property is expected to be the largest in the southern coastal town and it will be built on two acres of beachfront and will offer 100 sea view rooms and suites with upscale amenities as well as double baths or plunge pools.
Asia Leisure, a fully-owned subsidiary of Asia Capital PLC (ACAP), has revealed plans to open a brand new luxury hotel in Galle.
The hotel is expected to be the largest property in the southern coastal town in Sri Lanka and it will be built on two acres of oceanfront land.
The luxury beachfront resort will have 100 guest rooms and suites with ocean views, luxury amenities, and double baths or plunge pools.
The hotel's facilities will include a lavish spa with an array of relaxing therapies and treatments, gourmet restaurants, the Pool Bar and Water Lounge, and a large swimming pool that overlooks the Indian Ocean. Stefan Abeyesinhe, the CEO of ACAP explained:
"As Sri Lanka surges towards becoming a tourism hub, the country has commanded keen interest from global tourism players, with its room inventory expanding through large volumes of foreign direct investments.
"Given the bullish prospects for tourism, our growing expertise in the leisure sector is of immense strength to the Group's future. It is with a sense of optimism and accomplishment that we unveil this, our fifth and largest property to date."
Construction of the luxury hotel is expected to commence at the end of the year and it will take approximately two years to be completed.
Asia Leisure currently owns and manages four luxury boutique hotels in the south of Sri Lanka: Shinagawa Beach, Tamarind Hill, The River House and Taprobana which will open its doors in three weeks.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean famous for its beautiful natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites, ancient cities and colonial forts.
Since the end of its 25-year-long conflict in 2009, the island has seen a much-needed boost in the visitor arrivals as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the island.
The country is famous for its warmth and genuine hospitality and the tourism sector is keen to maintain this whilst providing professionally trained staff and a high level of service for tourists while they enjoy their luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- English speaking chauffer guide for the entire round tour
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...