Asia Leisure to build new luxury hotel in Galle, Sri Lanka
Asia Leisure has announced plans to build a new luxury resort in Galle in Sri Lanka. The property is expected to be the largest in the southern coastal town and it will be built on two acres of beachfront and will offer 100 sea view rooms and suites with upscale amenities as well as double baths or plunge pools.
Asia Leisure, a fully-owned subsidiary of Asia Capital PLC (ACAP), has revealed plans to open a brand new luxury hotel in Galle.
The hotel is expected to be the largest property in the southern coastal town in Sri Lanka and it will be built on two acres of oceanfront land.
The luxury beachfront resort will have 100 guest rooms and suites with ocean views, luxury amenities, and double baths or plunge pools.
The hotel's facilities will include a lavish spa with an array of relaxing therapies and treatments, gourmet restaurants, the Pool Bar and Water Lounge, and a large swimming pool that overlooks the Indian Ocean. Stefan Abeyesinhe, the CEO of ACAP explained:
"As Sri Lanka surges towards becoming a tourism hub, the country has commanded keen interest from global tourism players, with its room inventory expanding through large volumes of foreign direct investments.
"Given the bullish prospects for tourism, our growing expertise in the leisure sector is of immense strength to the Group's future. It is with a sense of optimism and accomplishment that we unveil this, our fifth and largest property to date."
Construction of the luxury hotel is expected to commence at the end of the year and it will take approximately two years to be completed.
Asia Leisure currently owns and manages four luxury boutique hotels in the south of Sri Lanka: Shinagawa Beach, Tamarind Hill, The River House and Taprobana which will open its doors in three weeks.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean famous for its beautiful natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites, ancient cities and colonial forts.
Since the end of its 25-year-long conflict in 2009, the island has seen a much-needed boost in the visitor arrivals as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the island.
The country is famous for its warmth and genuine hospitality and the tourism sector is keen to maintain this whilst providing professionally trained staff and a high level of service for tourists while they enjoy their luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...