JW Marriott Santo Domingo Hotel opens in the Dominican Republic
Marriott International has opened the JW Marriott Santo Domingo hotel in the Dominican Republic. The 150-room hotel opened its doors for the first time on 27th August, 2014 and it marks the debut of the hotel brand in the Caribbean. The property occupies nine floors of the Blue Mall which is located on Gustavo Mejia Ricart Avenue in the Julieta neighbourhood of the capital city.
Marriott International has announced the opening of the JW Marriott Santo Domingo which is located on Gustavo Mejia Ricart Avenue in the Julieta neighbourhood of the city.
The 150-room Dominican Republic hotel opened its doors on 27th August, 2014 and it marks the debut of the hotel brand in the Caribbean.
Facilities at the luxury hotel include two executive floors; gourmet restaurants including the Winston Grill and Patio restaurant, Bar Vertigo, and a snack bar; a swimming pool and a fitness centre; a grand ballroom; and a platform with a glass floor that has been built over Winston Churchill Avenue and offers panoramic views of the city below.
"Santo Domingo remains one of the most vibrant countries for new development in the Caribbean, and this hotel is a great addition to our growing global portfolio."
Commented Craig Smith, the President of the Caribbean and Latin America for Marriott International.
Accommodation includes complimentary wireless internet and Aromatherapy bathroom amenities. The presidential suite boasts an $8,000 Kohler bathtub with light therapy, massage and hydrotherapy.
The property occupies nine floors of the Blue Mall, an upscale shopping centre with luxury stores and boutiques including Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo and Carolina Herrera.
Santo Domingo is the capital city of the Dominican Republic which is divided by the Ozama River. Steeped in history, the city features old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury hotels, and casinos. Visitors can visit several historic monuments and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the famous explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
The Colonial Zone features examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents such as the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and an array of museums including Alcazar de Colon, Museum of Duarte, and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which becomes a vibrant rum bar after hours.
The Malecon Boulevard is a popular area lined with nightclubs, casinos, restaurants, cafes and museums and is the perfect place to absorb the local lifestyle, cuisine and lively entertainment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...