Riu Cancun reopens following $30 million refurbishment project
The Riu Cancun in Mexico reopened its doors to holidaymakers last week, after it temporarily closed for several months to undergo an extensive refurbishment programme. The Cancun hotel's guest rooms, restaurants, bars, swimming pools and gardens have been renovated and upgraded as part of the $30 million project.
Following several months of closure as it underwent extensive renovations, the Riu Cancun in Mexico has reopened to tourists.
Located in the heart of the Hotel Zone in Cancun, Mexico, the hotel has been upgraded as part of a $30 million refurbishment project.
All of the all inclusive beachfront resort's guest rooms have been renovated, along with its lobby area, facade and gardens, and there are now four swimming pools including an infinity pool.
The luxury hotel's main restaurant Miramar has been refurbished and the pool restaurant has been divided into two sections and includes an enclosed heated area and an outdoor terrace dining area. The four bars have also all had a refit.
Situated on a white sandy stretch of beach, Riu Cancun caters for holidaymakers of all ages and it offers a wide range of facilities including the Renova Spa with a wide range of pampering treatments, a Jacuzzi, sauna and gym; the Pacha nightclub with evening entertainment; tennis courts and beach and water activities; and fun kids activities and programmes for younger guests.
The 569 guest rooms have balconies or terraces, wireless internet, satellite TVs, air conditioning, and mini bars. RIU Hotels and Resorts is a family-run Spanish hotel chain with over 100 hotels in 16 countries across the world.
Situated on the strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
Visitors can go zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...