Riu Cancun reopens following $30 million refurbishment project
The Riu Cancun in Mexico reopened its doors to holidaymakers last week, after it temporarily closed for several months to undergo an extensive refurbishment programme. The Cancun hotel's guest rooms, restaurants, bars, swimming pools and gardens have been renovated and upgraded as part of the $30 million project.
Following several months of closure as it underwent extensive renovations, the Riu Cancun in Mexico has reopened to tourists.
Located in the heart of the Hotel Zone in Cancun, Mexico, the hotel has been upgraded as part of a $30 million refurbishment project.
All of the all inclusive beachfront resort's guest rooms have been renovated, along with its lobby area, facade and gardens, and there are now four swimming pools including an infinity pool.
The luxury hotel's main restaurant Miramar has been refurbished and the pool restaurant has been divided into two sections and includes an enclosed heated area and an outdoor terrace dining area. The four bars have also all had a refit.
Situated on a white sandy stretch of beach, Riu Cancun caters for holidaymakers of all ages and it offers a wide range of facilities including the Renova Spa with a wide range of pampering treatments, a Jacuzzi, sauna and gym; the Pacha nightclub with evening entertainment; tennis courts and beach and water activities; and fun kids activities and programmes for younger guests.
The 569 guest rooms have balconies or terraces, wireless internet, satellite TVs, air conditioning, and mini bars. RIU Hotels and Resorts is a family-run Spanish hotel chain with over 100 hotels in 16 countries across the world.
Situated on the strip of Caribbean coastline on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and the city is full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, shops and boutiques, world-class golf courses, and fun activities.
Visitors can go zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba dive beneath the surface of the crystal clear turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and spectacular marine life; trek through lush rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or explore the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...