Mayflower Tours granted licence for "People to People" travel Cuba
Mayflower Tours has announced that it will be offering a new people-to-people travel programme for Americans wanting to visit Cuba. The tour company was granted a licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control and its first trip to the Caribbean island will depart in early 2015.
Mayflower Tours has been granted a licence to operate "people-to-people" travel programmes to Cuba for American travellers.
The tour operator was given the licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and they will start to provide trips to Cuba in early 2015.
The nine-day people-to-people programme will visit the island’s hotspots including Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Havana and the picturesque countryside. John Stachnik, the President and co-owner of Mayflower Tours, commented:
“For only the third time since 1963, Americans can travel legally to Cuba. And there is an opportunity to experience this unique country - but this time with deeper, longer, and more thoughtful interactions with people-to-people travel to Cuba with Mayflower Tours.
“In the company of an experienced Mayflower Tours Tour Manager and the expert local guides who are native to Cuba, travellers meet and engage with a remarkable cross-section of the Cuban people: school students, cigar-makers, artists, farmers, historians and more."
During their time in Cuba, tourists will dine in ‘paladars’ (privately-owned family restaurants); take tours of cigar factories; learn about the traditions of the country’s ancient and vintage cars and meeting owners; and have interactive events with Cuban residents. Travellers are accompanied by an English-speaking Cuban guide.
The Cuba package costs $4,199 per person and includes meals, return transfers between Miami hotels and airport, and return direct charter flights to Cuba from Miami.
Travellers who book their Cuba tours by 31st August, 2014 will be able to save $300 per couple or $150 per person and solo travellers can add the single room supplement to the package for an additional $799.
Cuba travel is now accessible to American tourists after U.S President Barrack Obama eased travel restrictions for religious, cultural, academic and educational purposes.
The President changed the law on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo in January 2011 and many airlines and ferry companies have already commenced charter services between airports and ports in the U.S to Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...