Mayflower Tours granted licence for "People to People" travel Cuba
Mayflower Tours has announced that it will be offering a new people-to-people travel programme for Americans wanting to visit Cuba. The tour company was granted a licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control and its first trip to the Caribbean island will depart in early 2015.
Mayflower Tours has been granted a licence to operate "people-to-people" travel programmes to Cuba for American travellers.
The tour operator was given the licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and they will start to provide trips to Cuba in early 2015.
The nine-day people-to-people programme will visit the island’s hotspots including Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Havana and the picturesque countryside. John Stachnik, the President and co-owner of Mayflower Tours, commented:
“For only the third time since 1963, Americans can travel legally to Cuba. And there is an opportunity to experience this unique country - but this time with deeper, longer, and more thoughtful interactions with people-to-people travel to Cuba with Mayflower Tours.
“In the company of an experienced Mayflower Tours Tour Manager and the expert local guides who are native to Cuba, travellers meet and engage with a remarkable cross-section of the Cuban people: school students, cigar-makers, artists, farmers, historians and more."
During their time in Cuba, tourists will dine in ‘paladars’ (privately-owned family restaurants); take tours of cigar factories; learn about the traditions of the country’s ancient and vintage cars and meeting owners; and have interactive events with Cuban residents. Travellers are accompanied by an English-speaking Cuban guide.
The Cuba package costs $4,199 per person and includes meals, return transfers between Miami hotels and airport, and return direct charter flights to Cuba from Miami.
Travellers who book their Cuba tours by 31st August, 2014 will be able to save $300 per couple or $150 per person and solo travellers can add the single room supplement to the package for an additional $799.
Cuba travel is now accessible to American tourists after U.S President Barrack Obama eased travel restrictions for religious, cultural, academic and educational purposes.
The President changed the law on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo in January 2011 and many airlines and ferry companies have already commenced charter services between airports and ports in the U.S to Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...