Mayflower Tours granted licence for "People to People" travel Cuba
Mayflower Tours has announced that it will be offering a new people-to-people travel programme for Americans wanting to visit Cuba. The tour company was granted a licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control and its first trip to the Caribbean island will depart in early 2015.
Mayflower Tours has been granted a licence to operate "people-to-people" travel programmes to Cuba for American travellers.
The tour operator was given the licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and they will start to provide trips to Cuba in early 2015.
The nine-day people-to-people programme will visit the island’s hotspots including Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Havana and the picturesque countryside. John Stachnik, the President and co-owner of Mayflower Tours, commented:
“For only the third time since 1963, Americans can travel legally to Cuba. And there is an opportunity to experience this unique country - but this time with deeper, longer, and more thoughtful interactions with people-to-people travel to Cuba with Mayflower Tours.
“In the company of an experienced Mayflower Tours Tour Manager and the expert local guides who are native to Cuba, travellers meet and engage with a remarkable cross-section of the Cuban people: school students, cigar-makers, artists, farmers, historians and more."
During their time in Cuba, tourists will dine in ‘paladars’ (privately-owned family restaurants); take tours of cigar factories; learn about the traditions of the country’s ancient and vintage cars and meeting owners; and have interactive events with Cuban residents. Travellers are accompanied by an English-speaking Cuban guide.
The Cuba package costs $4,199 per person and includes meals, return transfers between Miami hotels and airport, and return direct charter flights to Cuba from Miami.
Travellers who book their Cuba tours by 31st August, 2014 will be able to save $300 per couple or $150 per person and solo travellers can add the single room supplement to the package for an additional $799.
Cuba travel is now accessible to American tourists after U.S President Barrack Obama eased travel restrictions for religious, cultural, academic and educational purposes.
The President changed the law on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo in January 2011 and many airlines and ferry companies have already commenced charter services between airports and ports in the U.S to Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...