Mayflower Tours granted licence for "People to People" travel Cuba
Mayflower Tours has announced that it will be offering a new people-to-people travel programme for Americans wanting to visit Cuba. The tour company was granted a licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control and its first trip to the Caribbean island will depart in early 2015.
Mayflower Tours has been granted a licence to operate "people-to-people" travel programmes to Cuba for American travellers.
The tour operator was given the licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and they will start to provide trips to Cuba in early 2015.
The nine-day people-to-people programme will visit the island’s hotspots including Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Havana and the picturesque countryside. John Stachnik, the President and co-owner of Mayflower Tours, commented:
“For only the third time since 1963, Americans can travel legally to Cuba. And there is an opportunity to experience this unique country - but this time with deeper, longer, and more thoughtful interactions with people-to-people travel to Cuba with Mayflower Tours.
“In the company of an experienced Mayflower Tours Tour Manager and the expert local guides who are native to Cuba, travellers meet and engage with a remarkable cross-section of the Cuban people: school students, cigar-makers, artists, farmers, historians and more."
During their time in Cuba, tourists will dine in ‘paladars’ (privately-owned family restaurants); take tours of cigar factories; learn about the traditions of the country’s ancient and vintage cars and meeting owners; and have interactive events with Cuban residents. Travellers are accompanied by an English-speaking Cuban guide.
The Cuba package costs $4,199 per person and includes meals, return transfers between Miami hotels and airport, and return direct charter flights to Cuba from Miami.
Travellers who book their Cuba tours by 31st August, 2014 will be able to save $300 per couple or $150 per person and solo travellers can add the single room supplement to the package for an additional $799.
Cuba travel is now accessible to American tourists after U.S President Barrack Obama eased travel restrictions for religious, cultural, academic and educational purposes.
The President changed the law on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo in January 2011 and many airlines and ferry companies have already commenced charter services between airports and ports in the U.S to Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...