Mayflower Tours granted licence for "People to People" travel Cuba
Mayflower Tours has announced that it will be offering a new people-to-people travel programme for Americans wanting to visit Cuba. The tour company was granted a licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control and its first trip to the Caribbean island will depart in early 2015.
Mayflower Tours has been granted a licence to operate "people-to-people" travel programmes to Cuba for American travellers.
The tour operator was given the licence by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and they will start to provide trips to Cuba in early 2015.
The nine-day people-to-people programme will visit the island’s hotspots including Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Havana and the picturesque countryside. John Stachnik, the President and co-owner of Mayflower Tours, commented:
“For only the third time since 1963, Americans can travel legally to Cuba. And there is an opportunity to experience this unique country - but this time with deeper, longer, and more thoughtful interactions with people-to-people travel to Cuba with Mayflower Tours.
“In the company of an experienced Mayflower Tours Tour Manager and the expert local guides who are native to Cuba, travellers meet and engage with a remarkable cross-section of the Cuban people: school students, cigar-makers, artists, farmers, historians and more."
During their time in Cuba, tourists will dine in ‘paladars’ (privately-owned family restaurants); take tours of cigar factories; learn about the traditions of the country’s ancient and vintage cars and meeting owners; and have interactive events with Cuban residents. Travellers are accompanied by an English-speaking Cuban guide.
The Cuba package costs $4,199 per person and includes meals, return transfers between Miami hotels and airport, and return direct charter flights to Cuba from Miami.
Travellers who book their Cuba tours by 31st August, 2014 will be able to save $300 per couple or $150 per person and solo travellers can add the single room supplement to the package for an additional $799.
Cuba travel is now accessible to American tourists after U.S President Barrack Obama eased travel restrictions for religious, cultural, academic and educational purposes.
The President changed the law on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo in January 2011 and many airlines and ferry companies have already commenced charter services between airports and ports in the U.S to Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...