Royal Hicacos Varadero to be fully transformed into Royalton Hicacos by November
Once Varadero's most popular resort for couples, the Royal Hicacos, formerly owned by Sandals, has now changed hands and been added to Canadian hotelier, Memories' Cuba portfolio. The property will be renamed as Royalton Royal Hicacos and refurbishment works will be completed by 1st November 2014.
Last Friday, during a training session given by a Memories representative from Cuba, The Holiday Place was informed that the former Sandals Royal Hicacos, currently still open under new management by Memories, will soon be reborn as the brand new Royalton Royal Hicacos as of 1st November.
Shortly after being closed down and later abandoned by the Sandals group, the resort property changed hands to the Canadian chain of hotels, Memories, which is conducting major renovation works throughout the resort's grounds to give it a more updated look, refresh its facilities and represent the new brand.
The hotel has remained open throughout its transformation and adult guests over 18 are welcome to the Royal Hicacos while it is slowly being refurbished and transformed to adapt to the new Royalton brand.
However, the transformation process has meant that some setbacks such as the close-down of some pools and the limited use of some facilities could upset some visitors. Nevertheless, the resort representative made a strong emphasis on the fact that for every facility closed down the resort currently provides an alternative so that no guests misses out on anything and so that no holiday experience in Varadero is dampened by the works going on.
According to her, the renovations are expected to be finished by mid October and the resort will also soon be offering free weddings, just like Sandals did.
The new Royalton Royal Hicacos will be a five-star all inclusive resort catering for adults over 18 only and best suited for couples and honeymooners seeking seclusion, pampering and romance. With a host of fantastic all inclusive facilities that include the use of sauna and steam room at the onsite spa, guests at the new Royalton Royal Hicacos by Memories will be treated to an indulging experience for all the senses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...