Royal Hicacos Varadero to be fully transformed into Royalton Hicacos by November
Once Varadero's most popular resort for couples, the Royal Hicacos, formerly owned by Sandals, has now changed hands and been added to Canadian hotelier, Memories' Cuba portfolio. The property will be renamed as Royalton Royal Hicacos and refurbishment works will be completed by 1st November 2014.
Last Friday, during a training session given by a Memories representative from Cuba, The Holiday Place was informed that the former Sandals Royal Hicacos, currently still open under new management by Memories, will soon be reborn as the brand new Royalton Royal Hicacos as of 1st November.
Shortly after being closed down and later abandoned by the Sandals group, the resort property changed hands to the Canadian chain of hotels, Memories, which is conducting major renovation works throughout the resort's grounds to give it a more updated look, refresh its facilities and represent the new brand.
The hotel has remained open throughout its transformation and adult guests over 18 are welcome to the Royal Hicacos while it is slowly being refurbished and transformed to adapt to the new Royalton brand.
However, the transformation process has meant that some setbacks such as the close-down of some pools and the limited use of some facilities could upset some visitors. Nevertheless, the resort representative made a strong emphasis on the fact that for every facility closed down the resort currently provides an alternative so that no guests misses out on anything and so that no holiday experience in Varadero is dampened by the works going on.
According to her, the renovations are expected to be finished by mid October and the resort will also soon be offering free weddings, just like Sandals did.
The new Royalton Royal Hicacos will be a five-star all inclusive resort catering for adults over 18 only and best suited for couples and honeymooners seeking seclusion, pampering and romance. With a host of fantastic all inclusive facilities that include the use of sauna and steam room at the onsite spa, guests at the new Royalton Royal Hicacos by Memories will be treated to an indulging experience for all the senses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...