CTO and The Holiday Place raced for life
Showing cancer their toughest, meanest face, the girls from The Holiday Place in conjunction with the Caribbean Tourism Organisation yesterday completed the 5k Race for Life in London's Hyde Park, not only meeting their fundraising goal but also exceeding it by a long mark.
Yesterday, the proud ladies from The Holiday Place and the Caribbean Tourism Organisation ran, jogged or walked the 5k course along London's Hyde Park in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK. They not only achieved and surpassed their goal in raising funds for this important, life-saving charity; they also enjoyed every step of the way knowing it was for a worthy cause.
Honouring the untimely death of the late Veronica St Louis, who the CTO lost to cancer very recently, and supporting the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, as well as each of the girls' personal family members or friends who suffered this incurable disease, the race kicked off at 11:00 a.m. after a warm-up session and encouraging words from a famous TV presenter, numerous volunteers clapping and cheering them on along the way, including some marines (and a horse accompanying them).
Some of the team's fittest (Dee and Nikita) went ahead with the first group of runners, while the rest of the girls (Charlotte, Vishali, Susana, Nikki, Gosia and Alexandra) went behind in the group of walkers. All in all, they managed to complete the five-kilometre-long course along Hyde Park in less than an hour so an enormous feat for all!
But the best bit of all is that they all managed to not only reach their target of raising £400 for Cancer Research UK, they actually exceeded it by 171 per cent, achieving a total of £685, well over the initial mark. So, well done girls, you've done us proud!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...