CTO and The Holiday Place raced for life
Showing cancer their toughest, meanest face, the girls from The Holiday Place in conjunction with the Caribbean Tourism Organisation yesterday completed the 5k Race for Life in London's Hyde Park, not only meeting their fundraising goal but also exceeding it by a long mark.
Yesterday, the proud ladies from The Holiday Place and the Caribbean Tourism Organisation ran, jogged or walked the 5k course along London's Hyde Park in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK. They not only achieved and surpassed their goal in raising funds for this important, life-saving charity; they also enjoyed every step of the way knowing it was for a worthy cause.
Honouring the untimely death of the late Veronica St Louis, who the CTO lost to cancer very recently, and supporting the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, as well as each of the girls' personal family members or friends who suffered this incurable disease, the race kicked off at 11:00 a.m. after a warm-up session and encouraging words from a famous TV presenter, numerous volunteers clapping and cheering them on along the way, including some marines (and a horse accompanying them).
Some of the team's fittest (Dee and Nikita) went ahead with the first group of runners, while the rest of the girls (Charlotte, Vishali, Susana, Nikki, Gosia and Alexandra) went behind in the group of walkers. All in all, they managed to complete the five-kilometre-long course along Hyde Park in less than an hour so an enormous feat for all!
But the best bit of all is that they all managed to not only reach their target of raising £400 for Cancer Research UK, they actually exceeded it by 171 per cent, achieving a total of £685, well over the initial mark. So, well done girls, you've done us proud!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...