CTO and The Holiday Place raced for life
Showing cancer their toughest, meanest face, the girls from The Holiday Place in conjunction with the Caribbean Tourism Organisation yesterday completed the 5k Race for Life in London's Hyde Park, not only meeting their fundraising goal but also exceeding it by a long mark.
Yesterday, the proud ladies from The Holiday Place and the Caribbean Tourism Organisation ran, jogged or walked the 5k course along London's Hyde Park in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK. They not only achieved and surpassed their goal in raising funds for this important, life-saving charity; they also enjoyed every step of the way knowing it was for a worthy cause.
Honouring the untimely death of the late Veronica St Louis, who the CTO lost to cancer very recently, and supporting the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, as well as each of the girls' personal family members or friends who suffered this incurable disease, the race kicked off at 11:00 a.m. after a warm-up session and encouraging words from a famous TV presenter, numerous volunteers clapping and cheering them on along the way, including some marines (and a horse accompanying them).
Some of the team's fittest (Dee and Nikita) went ahead with the first group of runners, while the rest of the girls (Charlotte, Vishali, Susana, Nikki, Gosia and Alexandra) went behind in the group of walkers. All in all, they managed to complete the five-kilometre-long course along Hyde Park in less than an hour so an enormous feat for all!
But the best bit of all is that they all managed to not only reach their target of raising £400 for Cancer Research UK, they actually exceeded it by 171 per cent, achieving a total of £685, well over the initial mark. So, well done girls, you've done us proud!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...