CTO and The Holiday Place raced for life
Showing cancer their toughest, meanest face, the girls from The Holiday Place in conjunction with the Caribbean Tourism Organisation yesterday completed the 5k Race for Life in London's Hyde Park, not only meeting their fundraising goal but also exceeding it by a long mark.
Yesterday, the proud ladies from The Holiday Place and the Caribbean Tourism Organisation ran, jogged or walked the 5k course along London's Hyde Park in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK. They not only achieved and surpassed their goal in raising funds for this important, life-saving charity; they also enjoyed every step of the way knowing it was for a worthy cause.
Honouring the untimely death of the late Veronica St Louis, who the CTO lost to cancer very recently, and supporting the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, as well as each of the girls' personal family members or friends who suffered this incurable disease, the race kicked off at 11:00 a.m. after a warm-up session and encouraging words from a famous TV presenter, numerous volunteers clapping and cheering them on along the way, including some marines (and a horse accompanying them).
Some of the team's fittest (Dee and Nikita) went ahead with the first group of runners, while the rest of the girls (Charlotte, Vishali, Susana, Nikki, Gosia and Alexandra) went behind in the group of walkers. All in all, they managed to complete the five-kilometre-long course along Hyde Park in less than an hour so an enormous feat for all!
But the best bit of all is that they all managed to not only reach their target of raising £400 for Cancer Research UK, they actually exceeded it by 171 per cent, achieving a total of £685, well over the initial mark. So, well done girls, you've done us proud!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...