Generations Riviera Maya to Launch 'Little Eko Chefs' programme
Younger guests staying at the newly-opened Generations Riviera Maya will be able to enjoy a fun gastronomic experience during their stay as 'Little Eko Chefs' comes to the resort in August. The programme will be enable guests to learn about cooking, take part in hands-on cooking classes, and learn eco-friendly food basics and the history of the local food in the Cancun region.
Karisma Hotels and Resorts has announced a new experience for younger guests staying at the newly-opened Generations Riviera Maya resort in Mexico.
The luxury resort near Cancun will be launching a new "Little Eko Chefs" programme that allows youngsters to get involved in cooking classes and learn about the history and culture of the food and ingredients in the region.
Little Eko Chefs will make its debut during a Little Eko Chefs Weekend from 15th to 17th August, 2014 that will be hosted by Alexander Weiss, the winner of MasterChef Junior's Season 1. The activities will be complimentary for guests staying that weekend.
Jeroen Hanlo, the Vice President of Food and Beverage for Karisma Hotels and Resorts and creator of the Gourmet Inclusive® Experience, explained:
"Little Eko Chefs is an unprecedented experience for our youngest guests to truly immerse themselves in the cultures of other foods, gain cooking skills for the future, and learn easy and delicious recipes as part of many memories they'll be taking home from their stays at Generations Riviera Maya."
Activities will take place at the luxury all inclusive resort's Eko Kids Club on a daily basis and children will be able to learn about eco-friendly food basics, historical and cultural facts, and take part in interactive cooking classes.
Many of the ingredients used in the cooking classes are sourced from the resort's 75,000 square foot Greenhouse which demonstrates the property's commitment to sustainable practices.
During the introductory Little Eko Chefs Weekend, there will be opportunities for a select group of children and their parents to take part in sampling sessions; a meet and greet with mocktails and photographs; a live culinary demonstration; a cooking class led by 13-year-old Alexander Weiss; a Pasta Dinner on the Chef's Market deck that overlooks the sea; a special bedtime turndown service for children; and a goodbye afternoon ice-tea party. Alexander Weiss said:
"I'm very excited to host the debut of this awesome culinary program for kids at Generations Riviera Maya. The Little Eko Chefs concept is such a rare opportunity for kids like me, who love to cook and eat, to discover new foods from around the world, gain hands-on cooking basics, and learn easy recipes while having fun."
Located just 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, and 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN), Generations Riviera Maya by Karisma is positioned on a secluded white sandy beach where holidaymakers can soak up the sunshine and the tropical surroundings.
The beachfront resort has 144 suites with double Jacuzzis and spacious balconies and modern amenities including 47-inch LCD TVs, wireless internet, Blu-ray disc players, IPod docking alarm clocks, air conditioning, safety deposit boxes, and mini-fridges.
Families will be able to take advantage of the hotel's family-friendly Gourmet Inclusive amenities such as pushchairs, cots, baby changing tables, monitors, baby bottle warmers and baby bathrobes. Guest suites can also be joined and converted into two or three-bedroom apartments to cater for large groups of families and friends.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...