Maldives to host Asian Surfing Championship in September
The Indian Ocean nation of the Maldives will be hosting the Asian Surfing Championship this September for the first time. The event will take place at the Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi resort from 3rd to 7th September, 2014 where 70 surfers from Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and the Maldives will battle it out for the winning title.
This September, the Maldives will host the Asian Surfing Championship for the first time after an agreement was signed by Maldives Marketing and PR Corporation, the Asian Surfing Championship, and the local Maldives Bodyboarding Association.
The surfing event will take place at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi resort in the North Male Atoll in the Maldives from 3rd to 7th September, 2014.
More than 70 surfers from Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and the Maldives will battle it out for the winning title, while putting the Indian Ocean island nation on the map as a leading surfing destination.
"The event will further position the Maldives as a sought-after surf destination in the global arena."
Said a spokesperson for the Maldives Marketing and PR Corporation.
Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi is nestled in 83 acres of lush tropical surroundings close to Kani Beach on Lhohifushi Island and guests will reach the luxury resort via 30-minute speedboat ride from the Male International Airport.
Accommodation is made up of beach villas and water bungalows that feature thatched and wooden exteriors. Guest rooms, suites and villas offer modern amenities such as air conditioning, mini-bars, TVs and DVD players, in-room safes, tea and coffee making facilities, and en-suite bathrooms.
Guests can choose from a selection of dining outlets including the Sunset Bar and Restaurant, the Banyan Restaurant, Hiyala bar and Lohis bar; all of which serve delicious gourmet cuisine and a wide range of premium beverages.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include tennis courts, a swimming pool, a private beach, and gym. The onsite Chavana Spa offers an array of pampering and soothing treatments including sea shell massage, warm stone massage, black stone massage, facial therapies, pedicures and manicures.
Surfers will be in for a treat at the four-star resort thanks to the world class left hander that breaks over a shallow reef. Surf packages are also available at the property for guests who want to make the most of the paradise and expert surf guides will take visitors on boat trips to the Lohis break and other North Male Atoll breaks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...