Maldives to host Asian Surfing Championship in September
The Indian Ocean nation of the Maldives will be hosting the Asian Surfing Championship this September for the first time. The event will take place at the Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi resort from 3rd to 7th September, 2014 where 70 surfers from Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and the Maldives will battle it out for the winning title.
This September, the Maldives will host the Asian Surfing Championship for the first time after an agreement was signed by Maldives Marketing and PR Corporation, the Asian Surfing Championship, and the local Maldives Bodyboarding Association.
The surfing event will take place at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi resort in the North Male Atoll in the Maldives from 3rd to 7th September, 2014.
More than 70 surfers from Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore and the Maldives will battle it out for the winning title, while putting the Indian Ocean island nation on the map as a leading surfing destination.
"The event will further position the Maldives as a sought-after surf destination in the global arena."
Said a spokesperson for the Maldives Marketing and PR Corporation.
Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi is nestled in 83 acres of lush tropical surroundings close to Kani Beach on Lhohifushi Island and guests will reach the luxury resort via 30-minute speedboat ride from the Male International Airport.
Accommodation is made up of beach villas and water bungalows that feature thatched and wooden exteriors. Guest rooms, suites and villas offer modern amenities such as air conditioning, mini-bars, TVs and DVD players, in-room safes, tea and coffee making facilities, and en-suite bathrooms.
Guests can choose from a selection of dining outlets including the Sunset Bar and Restaurant, the Banyan Restaurant, Hiyala bar and Lohis bar; all of which serve delicious gourmet cuisine and a wide range of premium beverages.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include tennis courts, a swimming pool, a private beach, and gym. The onsite Chavana Spa offers an array of pampering and soothing treatments including sea shell massage, warm stone massage, black stone massage, facial therapies, pedicures and manicures.
Surfers will be in for a treat at the four-star resort thanks to the world class left hander that breaks over a shallow reef. Surf packages are also available at the property for guests who want to make the most of the paradise and expert surf guides will take visitors on boat trips to the Lohis break and other North Male Atoll breaks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...