New five-star luxury resort to be built in Varadero, Cuba
The Government of Cuba announced last week that a new brand new five-star resort will be built on the island. The luxurious Carbonera Club will be located near Varadero Beach and is expected to cost $350 million as part of a partnership between British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA.
A brand new luxury hotel complex is scheduled to be built in Varadero, according to the Cuban government.
The five-star Carbonera Club will be built near Varadero Beach, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cuba, and the project is said to cost approximately $350 million.
The property will be built as part of a joint partnership between the British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA, and it will feature a beachfront hotel, spa, tennis club, golf course and a residential development.
Esencia stated that the hotel has been designed by the architectural studios, Rafael De La Hoz, Conran and Partners and One Works, as well as the golf course designer PGADC.
Earlier this year, Cuba enacted its new foreign investment law and the new five-star hotel is expected to be the first of its kind on the Caribbean island.
According to the Tourism Ministry, Cuba has received just under 1.3 million tourists during the first quarter of 2014, a five per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The coastal resort is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury all-inclusive beachfront resorts under international hotel brands such as Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area's stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays, and the turquoise ocean waters are perfect for scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, and deep sea fishing.
Varadero town is a fantastic place to wander around and explore local open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants. The famous Varadero Beach, also known as the "Blue Beach" because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to relax or pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...