New five-star luxury resort to be built in Varadero, Cuba
The Government of Cuba announced last week that a new brand new five-star resort will be built on the island. The luxurious Carbonera Club will be located near Varadero Beach and is expected to cost $350 million as part of a partnership between British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA.
A brand new luxury hotel complex is scheduled to be built in Varadero, according to the Cuban government.
The five-star Carbonera Club will be built near Varadero Beach, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cuba, and the project is said to cost approximately $350 million.
The property will be built as part of a joint partnership between the British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA, and it will feature a beachfront hotel, spa, tennis club, golf course and a residential development.
Esencia stated that the hotel has been designed by the architectural studios, Rafael De La Hoz, Conran and Partners and One Works, as well as the golf course designer PGADC.
Earlier this year, Cuba enacted its new foreign investment law and the new five-star hotel is expected to be the first of its kind on the Caribbean island.
According to the Tourism Ministry, Cuba has received just under 1.3 million tourists during the first quarter of 2014, a five per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The coastal resort is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury all-inclusive beachfront resorts under international hotel brands such as Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area's stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays, and the turquoise ocean waters are perfect for scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, and deep sea fishing.
Varadero town is a fantastic place to wander around and explore local open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants. The famous Varadero Beach, also known as the "Blue Beach" because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to relax or pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...