New five-star luxury resort to be built in Varadero, Cuba
The Government of Cuba announced last week that a new brand new five-star resort will be built on the island. The luxurious Carbonera Club will be located near Varadero Beach and is expected to cost $350 million as part of a partnership between British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA.
A brand new luxury hotel complex is scheduled to be built in Varadero, according to the Cuban government.
The five-star Carbonera Club will be built near Varadero Beach, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cuba, and the project is said to cost approximately $350 million.
The property will be built as part of a joint partnership between the British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA, and it will feature a beachfront hotel, spa, tennis club, golf course and a residential development.
Esencia stated that the hotel has been designed by the architectural studios, Rafael De La Hoz, Conran and Partners and One Works, as well as the golf course designer PGADC.
Earlier this year, Cuba enacted its new foreign investment law and the new five-star hotel is expected to be the first of its kind on the Caribbean island.
According to the Tourism Ministry, Cuba has received just under 1.3 million tourists during the first quarter of 2014, a five per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The coastal resort is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury all-inclusive beachfront resorts under international hotel brands such as Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area's stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays, and the turquoise ocean waters are perfect for scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, and deep sea fishing.
Varadero town is a fantastic place to wander around and explore local open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants. The famous Varadero Beach, also known as the "Blue Beach" because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to relax or pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...