New five-star luxury resort to be built in Varadero, Cuba
The Government of Cuba announced last week that a new brand new five-star resort will be built on the island. The luxurious Carbonera Club will be located near Varadero Beach and is expected to cost $350 million as part of a partnership between British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA.
A brand new luxury hotel complex is scheduled to be built in Varadero, according to the Cuban government.
The five-star Carbonera Club will be built near Varadero Beach, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cuba, and the project is said to cost approximately $350 million.
The property will be built as part of a joint partnership between the British firm Esencia Hotels and Cuban firm Palmares SA, and it will feature a beachfront hotel, spa, tennis club, golf course and a residential development.
Esencia stated that the hotel has been designed by the architectural studios, Rafael De La Hoz, Conran and Partners and One Works, as well as the golf course designer PGADC.
Earlier this year, Cuba enacted its new foreign investment law and the new five-star hotel is expected to be the first of its kind on the Caribbean island.
According to the Tourism Ministry, Cuba has received just under 1.3 million tourists during the first quarter of 2014, a five per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba. The coastal resort is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury all-inclusive beachfront resorts under international hotel brands such as Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area's stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays, and the turquoise ocean waters are perfect for scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing, and deep sea fishing.
Varadero town is a fantastic place to wander around and explore local open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants. The famous Varadero Beach, also known as the "Blue Beach" because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to relax or pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...