Melia to open a new hotel in Cuba's Jardines del Rey archipelago
According to a recent statement release made during Cuba's International Tourism Fair (FitCuba 2014), Melia Hotels International has been revealed as the company behind the building of Cuba's newest hotel in the island's northern key of Cayo Coco. The new Melia Jardines del Rey will be located on the stunning sands of Playa Flamenco, the newest beach to be developed in this pristine key, found off the coast of Cuba's central province of Ciego de Avila.
Executives from Melia Hotels International attending Cuba’s International Tourism Fair (FitCuba 2014), recently held in the island earlier this month, announced the soon-to-come opening of the brand new Melia Jardines del Rey, a still-under-construction resort poised on the stunning white sands of Playa Flamenco, in Cayo Coco, one of the small keys that make up the Jardines del Rey archipelago, found on the northern coast of Cuba’s central province of Ciego de Avila.
The announcement came after some Melia representatives unveiled plans to keep expanding in the island after 15 years of strong presence there and 26 hotels dotted all around the Cuban archipelago. It looks as though the prestigious Spanish hotel chain has no intention of stopping anytime soon with a collection of three, four and five-star all inclusive retreats that seems ever-growing. Just very recently in fact, they opened its latest gem in the island, the lavishly luxurious, five-star Melia Marina Varadero, which opened in summer last year and to which was also announced to be growing with the addition of new facilities and services.
About the new resort in Cayo Coco, expected to be finished by sometime next year, it was revealed that the first phase should be completed in November 2014 and once the whole hotel complex is finished it will become the key’s largest hotel. With a total of 1,176 rooms found along 25, three-storey bungalows, they will offer garden views, pool views and ocean views as well as luxury amenities and facilities.
The resort will be divided into two sections: an adults-only area like the one found at the Melia Las Dunas in Cayo Santa Maria, and a family zone, complete with baby club and mini club. It was also revealed that the new retreat will offer Melia’s latest luxury concept “The Level”, an exclusive area similar to the Royal Service you will find at Melia’s collection of Paradisus resorts.
As part of this exclusive service, guests stay in upgraded accommodation and enjoy exclusive facilities and services, including a dedicated reception and concierge, a VIP bar lounge and concierge, free Wi-Fi, private check-in and check/out, pillow menu, welcome cocktails, free 24-hour room service and much more. In addition to that, the new Melia Jardines del Rey will feature a total of eight restaurants, six bars, a YHI Spa, five swimming pools, a wedding gazebo and more. The dazzling Playa Flamenco is a long beach facing the north of Cayo Coco and nicely protected from strong waves and currents, so you can expect mirror-like crystalline waters in which to sink in, float in and go for an invigorating swim.
Completely closed to the public and totally uninhabited, this beach remained in a secluded virginal state until very recently, when in 2011 it welcomed its first hotel, the Memories Flamenco Beach resort, shortly followed in 2013 by the Pestana Cayo Coco and now to be also home to the developing Melia Jardines del Rey. As construction work advances and phases are completed we’ll update you on the opening of this new resort, so watch this space to follow the resort’s progression if you want to be the first to plan your Cuba holidays to this promising new resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...