British Airways to expand schedule of flights to Barbados this winter
British Airways has announced that it will increase its flights between the UK and Barbados from ten to 12 this winter. The airline has been operating flights to the Caribbean island for 60 years, a milestone that was marked in Barbados last week, and the additional services will run from 10th December, 2014 to 25th February 2015.
The UK's leading airline, British Airways, will increase its schedule to flights to Barbados this winter. The airline is celebrating 60 years of operating flights between the UK and Barbados this year and this winter, its schedule will rise from ten to 12 weekly services to the Caribbean island.
During the Barbados Concorde Experience last week, the 60th anniversary was celebrated by BA executives and tourism officials. Sean Doyle, the Executive Vice President of the Americas for British Airways, explained that the first Lockheed Constellation flew to Barbados in 1963, and the introduction of jets followed this shortly after.
Commenting the new Barbados flights which will commence on 10th December 2014 and will run until 25th February, 2015. Mr Doyle said:
"BA is committed to Barbados. Nothing signifies that more than the Concorde which flew to the island for many years."
Later on Nigel Blackett, British Airways District Manager also explained:
"Outside of those periods we will operate 10, so it's an increase over last winter where we had ten over the entire winter period."
Barbados is a Caribbean nation located in the North Atlantic Ocean which is home to a wide range of diverse stunning natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear aqua ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and hundreds of marine creatures, or relax on white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy in Barbados, such as hiking through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; retail therapy in high end boutiques and traditional craft markets; and tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The island is the birthplace of pop star Rihanna and many famous faces have made Barbados their home, such as Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...