British Airways to expand schedule of flights to Barbados this winter
British Airways has announced that it will increase its flights between the UK and Barbados from ten to 12 this winter. The airline has been operating flights to the Caribbean island for 60 years, a milestone that was marked in Barbados last week, and the additional services will run from 10th December, 2014 to 25th February 2015.
The UK's leading airline, British Airways, will increase its schedule to flights to Barbados this winter. The airline is celebrating 60 years of operating flights between the UK and Barbados this year and this winter, its schedule will rise from ten to 12 weekly services to the Caribbean island.
During the Barbados Concorde Experience last week, the 60th anniversary was celebrated by BA executives and tourism officials. Sean Doyle, the Executive Vice President of the Americas for British Airways, explained that the first Lockheed Constellation flew to Barbados in 1963, and the introduction of jets followed this shortly after.
Commenting the new Barbados flights which will commence on 10th December 2014 and will run until 25th February, 2015. Mr Doyle said:
"BA is committed to Barbados. Nothing signifies that more than the Concorde which flew to the island for many years."
Later on Nigel Blackett, British Airways District Manager also explained:
"Outside of those periods we will operate 10, so it's an increase over last winter where we had ten over the entire winter period."
Barbados is a Caribbean nation located in the North Atlantic Ocean which is home to a wide range of diverse stunning natural landscapes. Holidaymakers can go scuba diving or snorkelling in crystal clear aqua ocean waters where they can explore the colourful coral reefs and hundreds of marine creatures, or relax on white sand, palm-fringed beaches and soak up the sunshine.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy in Barbados, such as hiking through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; retail therapy in high end boutiques and traditional craft markets; and tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown.
The island is the birthplace of pop star Rihanna and many famous faces have made Barbados their home, such as Simon Cowell and Cliff Richards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality that's uniquely Bajan at Sea Breeze Beach House by Ocean Hotels, close to the nightlife of Oistins and St Lawrence Gap.
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids (up to 16 years old) stay and play free when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- Beautiful, Intimate and Boutique Beachfront property that is perfect for weddings
- All-inclusive resort - Dine at six fabulous restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, from beach snacks to fine dining
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...