New Hard Rock hotel opened with guitar smash bash
Rock icon Jon Bon Jovi officially opened the Hard Rock's latest all-inclusive hotel in Mexico's Riviera Maya on 4 May, with a guitar-smashing ceremony and a live beach-front concert performed to a star-studded audience.
World famous brand Hard Rock has expanded its offering with a new hotel opening on Mexico's beautiful Mayan Riviera. The ultra all-inclusive resort was inaugurated with a grand opening party that featured the Hard Rock's signature guitar smashing ceremony, a live Jon Bon Jovi concert on the beachfront and a VIP after-party at the hotel's trendy Club Heaven.
Celebrities treading the red carpet at the star-studded bash on 4 May included reality television veterans and models such as Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams from "American Idol", Scott Disick from "Keeping Up With the Kardashians", Audrina Partridge from "The Hills" and Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio.
The party kicked off with a guitar smashing ceremony, intended to replace the traditional ribbon cutting ceremony with a much more rock-n-roll alternative. For the grand finale, rock icon Jon Bon Jovi played a gig by the beach with his band Kings of Suburbia performing some of his hits, as well as covering some rock classics. The audience danced the night away and enjoyed amazing views of the stage and ocean backdrop from the Woodstock Terrace – the hotel's central plaza.
Later, guests attended an after-show party at the resort's glamorous Club Heaven, with renowned DJs Connor Cruise and Jack Novak spinning records on the decks and a spectacular live fire show. The club's amazing decor includes a shallow pool and Jacuzzis where all guests can party like VIPs.
"We're beyond excited to open our doors to yet another unmatched all-inclusive resort experience," said Frank Maduro, Vice President of Marketing at All Inclusive Collection, which is in charge of promoting the hotel. "The explosive grand opening was the ideal introduction to the newest all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and amplified our presence in Mexico."
Like its world-renowned diners, Hard Rock Hotels revolve around offering guests a musical experience, with a Vibe Manager in each resort hand-picking music to set the mood, as well as entertainment such as karaoke with a live band and features like guitar-shaped driveways and a 'stairway to heaven' in honour of Led Zeppelin. Hard Rock owns the world's largest collection of rock and music memorabilia, and guests can discover different pieces of rock history displayed in each resort.
The new hotel further strengthens Hard Rock's brand presence in Mexico, which already includes a hotel in the popular resort of Cancun and another in Puerto Vallarta, on Mexico's Pacific coast.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...