New Hard Rock hotel opened with guitar smash bash
Rock icon Jon Bon Jovi officially opened the Hard Rock's latest all-inclusive hotel in Mexico's Riviera Maya on 4 May, with a guitar-smashing ceremony and a live beach-front concert performed to a star-studded audience.
World famous brand Hard Rock has expanded its offering with a new hotel opening on Mexico's beautiful Mayan Riviera. The ultra all-inclusive resort was inaugurated with a grand opening party that featured the Hard Rock's signature guitar smashing ceremony, a live Jon Bon Jovi concert on the beachfront and a VIP after-party at the hotel's trendy Club Heaven.
Celebrities treading the red carpet at the star-studded bash on 4 May included reality television veterans and models such as Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams from "American Idol", Scott Disick from "Keeping Up With the Kardashians", Audrina Partridge from "The Hills" and Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio.
The party kicked off with a guitar smashing ceremony, intended to replace the traditional ribbon cutting ceremony with a much more rock-n-roll alternative. For the grand finale, rock icon Jon Bon Jovi played a gig by the beach with his band Kings of Suburbia performing some of his hits, as well as covering some rock classics. The audience danced the night away and enjoyed amazing views of the stage and ocean backdrop from the Woodstock Terrace – the hotel's central plaza.
Later, guests attended an after-show party at the resort's glamorous Club Heaven, with renowned DJs Connor Cruise and Jack Novak spinning records on the decks and a spectacular live fire show. The club's amazing decor includes a shallow pool and Jacuzzis where all guests can party like VIPs.
"We're beyond excited to open our doors to yet another unmatched all-inclusive resort experience," said Frank Maduro, Vice President of Marketing at All Inclusive Collection, which is in charge of promoting the hotel. "The explosive grand opening was the ideal introduction to the newest all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and amplified our presence in Mexico."
Like its world-renowned diners, Hard Rock Hotels revolve around offering guests a musical experience, with a Vibe Manager in each resort hand-picking music to set the mood, as well as entertainment such as karaoke with a live band and features like guitar-shaped driveways and a 'stairway to heaven' in honour of Led Zeppelin. Hard Rock owns the world's largest collection of rock and music memorabilia, and guests can discover different pieces of rock history displayed in each resort.
The new hotel further strengthens Hard Rock's brand presence in Mexico, which already includes a hotel in the popular resort of Cancun and another in Puerto Vallarta, on Mexico's Pacific coast.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...