New Hard Rock hotel opened with guitar smash bash
Rock icon Jon Bon Jovi officially opened the Hard Rock's latest all-inclusive hotel in Mexico's Riviera Maya on 4 May, with a guitar-smashing ceremony and a live beach-front concert performed to a star-studded audience.
World famous brand Hard Rock has expanded its offering with a new hotel opening on Mexico's beautiful Mayan Riviera. The ultra all-inclusive resort was inaugurated with a grand opening party that featured the Hard Rock's signature guitar smashing ceremony, a live Jon Bon Jovi concert on the beachfront and a VIP after-party at the hotel's trendy Club Heaven.
Celebrities treading the red carpet at the star-studded bash on 4 May included reality television veterans and models such as Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams from "American Idol", Scott Disick from "Keeping Up With the Kardashians", Audrina Partridge from "The Hills" and Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio.
The party kicked off with a guitar smashing ceremony, intended to replace the traditional ribbon cutting ceremony with a much more rock-n-roll alternative. For the grand finale, rock icon Jon Bon Jovi played a gig by the beach with his band Kings of Suburbia performing some of his hits, as well as covering some rock classics. The audience danced the night away and enjoyed amazing views of the stage and ocean backdrop from the Woodstock Terrace – the hotel's central plaza.
Later, guests attended an after-show party at the resort's glamorous Club Heaven, with renowned DJs Connor Cruise and Jack Novak spinning records on the decks and a spectacular live fire show. The club's amazing decor includes a shallow pool and Jacuzzis where all guests can party like VIPs.
"We're beyond excited to open our doors to yet another unmatched all-inclusive resort experience," said Frank Maduro, Vice President of Marketing at All Inclusive Collection, which is in charge of promoting the hotel. "The explosive grand opening was the ideal introduction to the newest all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and amplified our presence in Mexico."
Like its world-renowned diners, Hard Rock Hotels revolve around offering guests a musical experience, with a Vibe Manager in each resort hand-picking music to set the mood, as well as entertainment such as karaoke with a live band and features like guitar-shaped driveways and a 'stairway to heaven' in honour of Led Zeppelin. Hard Rock owns the world's largest collection of rock and music memorabilia, and guests can discover different pieces of rock history displayed in each resort.
The new hotel further strengthens Hard Rock's brand presence in Mexico, which already includes a hotel in the popular resort of Cancun and another in Puerto Vallarta, on Mexico's Pacific coast.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...