Sandals set to unveil Jamaica's first over-sea suites
The first overwater suites in the Caribbean Islands are due to open in Jamaica's Montego Bay in 2015. Luxury hotel chain Sandals has announced the plans to add the aquatic accommodation to its private offshore island, part of its five-star Royal Caribbean Spa Resort.
Renowned luxury hotel chain Sandals Resorts has announced plans to build the first overwater suites in the Caribbean Islands. Scheduled to open in 2015, five new luxury suites on stilts will be added to a private offshore island in Jamaica's stunning Montego Bay, part of the Sandals Royal Caribbean Spa Resort.
Due to local regulations preventing over-the-sea construction, these suites are the first of their kind in the Caribbean Islands. Built in the thatched Maldivian style, the suites will be attached to Sandals Royal Caribbean's private island just moments from the shore of the main resort. Visitors to the island are transported there in style, via a 5-minute ride on an authentic Wayang doll dragon boat, a nod to the resort's Balinese influences. A secluded haven with its own bleached sand beach, the island also boasts beautiful water-side cabanas, its own authentic Thai restaurant, a relaxed beachfront grill, and a swimming pool with a swim-up bar and whirlpool.
Each of the new overwater pads will feature a glass panel in the floor offering a window on the underwater world, as well as steps leading from the sun-deck straight into the sea and a two-seater hammock hanging over the water. The spacious suites will include little luxuries such as a private outdoor Jacuzzi and shower, a large walk-in shower and soaking tub, and a personal butler service.
The new aquatic accommodation will add another dimension to Sandal's five-star Royal Caribbean Spa Resort, which lines the powdery white shores of Montego Bay. The hotel already boasts a long list of luxury features including swim-up lagoon suites, six swimming pools and five gourmet restaurants serving delectable dishes from around the world. The hotel's Red Lane Spa offers a tropical take on traditional spa treatments such as massages and facials in relaxing surroundings around the resort.
Sandals Resorts also plans to attach 15 overwater bungalows to another of its Caribbean complexes, Grande St Lucian, but an opening date is yet to be set owing to problems with planning permission.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...