Record tourist arrivals for Dominican Republic in April
The Dominican Republic continues to be one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean after figures released by the Caribbean Tourism Organisation show a record number of tourists visited the nation in April, 2014. The country recorded 445,018 air arrivals in April this year, a 14.5 per cent increase compared to the same month in 2013.
The Caribbean is one of the leading holiday destinations in the world and the Dominican Republic is one of the region's most popular places to enjoy relaxing sun-drenched breaks.
According to new figures released by the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO), the Dominican Republic recorded its largest ever year-over-year increase ever in April with 445,018 air arrivals in April, a 14.5 per cent increase compared to the same month in 2013.
From January to April this year, the island nation recorded 1,841,675 non-resident air arrivals which is a six per cent increase compared to the same period in 2013. The majority of tourists arrived from the United States.
The Dominican Republic is a nation on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
Last week, the Dominican Tourism Minister, Francisco Javier Garcia, signed a memorandum of understanding with Stephanie Balmir Villedrouin, Haiti's Tourism Minister, to strengthen cooperative relations in a variety of areas including tourism on the island of Hispaniola. Villedrouin commented:
"This new agreement opens the era of technical cooperation in responsible and sustainable tourism, based on equality and mutual benefit.
In 2013, the Dominican Republic recorded a total 4.69 million visitors, while neighbouring Haiti recorded just 419,736 arrivals.
The Dominican Republic is home to breathtaking landscapes and natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees; cobalt ocean waters; undulating green hills and winding valleys; rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls; and soaring mountains.
A popular tourist destination is Punta Cana which is situated in the easternmost part of the country and boasts beautiful white sandy beaches, as well as the popular Bavaro region that is home to the award-winning Bavaro Beach, upscale shopping malls, gourmet restaurants, and an array of luxury beachfront hotels and resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters along with peaceful and secluded atmosphere
- The hotel has an ideal beachfront location in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast for relaxing and luxurious Caribbean holiday
- Enjoy a range of drinks and food with buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants plus numerous bars
- Spoil yourself at the modern spa for serene relaxation featuring five rooms for treatments, jacuzzis and much more
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Up to 2 kids go FREE in a Deluxe family room between 3rd Jan 17 - 22nd Dec 17, Book By 28th Feb 17
- Stay between 15 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 and get 50% off a Rock Royalty Level Room
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Enjoy various fantastic events coming up at the hotel including Justin Bieber on 17th April & Sting in concert on 13th May
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...