Minor Hotel Group to open new resort in the Seychelles in 2014
The Minor Hotel Group (MHG) has announced that it will be adding a property in the Seychelles to its global portfolio. The AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort and Spa will take over the former Le Meridien Barbarons Beach Hotel and will reopen later this year following an $8 million refurbishment programme.
The Minor Hotel Group will be adding another Indian Ocean property to its portfolio after recently announcing that it will open a resort in the Seychelles later this year.
The former Le Meridien Barbarons Beach Hotel will become the new AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort and Spa and will reopen later this year after an extensive $8 million refurbishment programme.
The upgrades and renovation to the newly rebranded hotel include a refurbished lobby and restoration works carried out across the restaurants, bars and guest rooms while new walkways and decking will be added around the resort, swimming pool and beach area, along with re-landscaped gardens.
The beachfront resort's restaurants and bars will also be renovated and will feature upgraded kitch facilities, new lighting and furniture and the introduction of live cooking stations. The main bar will be opened onto the pool area and will have nightly live music to entertain guests.
The hotel spa will have a plunge pool, steam room, and one double and three single treatment rooms and the spa's surrounding family-friendly play area will be upgraded in the garden. A children's club will be available for youngsters aged between six and twelve years old and the property's library will be upgraded.
Leisure facilities at AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort and Spa include a large fresh water swimming pool and a state-of-the-art gym, and there will be a rooftop terrace with a sundeck.
For business guests, there will be meeting and conference facilities, a break out area, a large ballroom that will cater for up to 180 guests, two boardrooms, a modern business centre, and complimentary wireless Internet will be available throughout the Seychelles resort.
Dillip Rajakarier, the CEO of Minor Hotel Group, explained:
"We are excited to add to our AVANI portfolio with a resort in the Seychelles later this year, a new country of operation for Minor Hotel Group. With our six existing properties in the Maldives and two in Sri Lanka across three of our brands, we are already a key player in the Indian Ocean and aim to further strengthen this position with additional Anantara and AVANI resorts under development in the Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka."
The Seychelles is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean, approximately 900 miles east of mainland Africa. The island nation spans an archipelago of 115 islands which feature verdant green mountains, huge granite boulders, pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...