Chelsea Foundation and Digicel to run Caribbean training camp for second year
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be running its week-long training camp in the Caribbean again this year for aspiring young footballers. The youngsters will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America and they will get the opportunity to see what life is like as a Chelsea Academy prospect in Barbados this October.
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be repeating its Digicel Kick Start programme this year which will see a group of youngsters take part in a week-long training camp.
Following the success of last year’s event, the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and 48 aspiring young footballers will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America.
The event will be run by the Chelsea Foundation in October in Barbados and youngsters will have the chance see what life would be like as a Chelsea Academy prospect while learning valuable skills.
The programme is run in association with Digicel and this year, the Chelsea Foundation will introduce a coaching session for girls, during which 30 under-16 girls in each location will receive the chance to be trained by Foundation coaches.
David Monk, the Chelsea Foundation Senior International Development Officer revealed:
'We are excited to be embarking on our second year of the Digicel Kick Start programme,”
'It will be a busy period with female sessions and additional school visits added to the programme, while all the established and aspiring coaches in each location will have an insight into our coaching philosophy with an education workshop designed to support the development of their young footballing talent.”
This is the second year that the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and the selection clinics will take place over two days to find the youngsters.
The Chelsea Foundation coaches will start their Caribbean visit in Jamaica where they will train the country’s best young players. They will also hold separate sessions to train the country's top youth coaches using Chelsea’s training and coaching techniques.
During the visit, the Foundation will partner with Digicel and they will go to local schools across the region giving advice to young students.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Oct
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...