Chelsea Foundation and Digicel to run Caribbean training camp for second year
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be running its week-long training camp in the Caribbean again this year for aspiring young footballers. The youngsters will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America and they will get the opportunity to see what life is like as a Chelsea Academy prospect in Barbados this October.
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be repeating its Digicel Kick Start programme this year which will see a group of youngsters take part in a week-long training camp.
Following the success of last year’s event, the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and 48 aspiring young footballers will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America.
The event will be run by the Chelsea Foundation in October in Barbados and youngsters will have the chance see what life would be like as a Chelsea Academy prospect while learning valuable skills.
The programme is run in association with Digicel and this year, the Chelsea Foundation will introduce a coaching session for girls, during which 30 under-16 girls in each location will receive the chance to be trained by Foundation coaches.
David Monk, the Chelsea Foundation Senior International Development Officer revealed:
'We are excited to be embarking on our second year of the Digicel Kick Start programme,”
'It will be a busy period with female sessions and additional school visits added to the programme, while all the established and aspiring coaches in each location will have an insight into our coaching philosophy with an education workshop designed to support the development of their young footballing talent.”
This is the second year that the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and the selection clinics will take place over two days to find the youngsters.
The Chelsea Foundation coaches will start their Caribbean visit in Jamaica where they will train the country’s best young players. They will also hold separate sessions to train the country's top youth coaches using Chelsea’s training and coaching techniques.
During the visit, the Foundation will partner with Digicel and they will go to local schools across the region giving advice to young students.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...