Chelsea Foundation and Digicel to run Caribbean training camp for second year
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be running its week-long training camp in the Caribbean again this year for aspiring young footballers. The youngsters will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America and they will get the opportunity to see what life is like as a Chelsea Academy prospect in Barbados this October.
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be repeating its Digicel Kick Start programme this year which will see a group of youngsters take part in a week-long training camp.
Following the success of last year’s event, the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and 48 aspiring young footballers will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America.
The event will be run by the Chelsea Foundation in October in Barbados and youngsters will have the chance see what life would be like as a Chelsea Academy prospect while learning valuable skills.
The programme is run in association with Digicel and this year, the Chelsea Foundation will introduce a coaching session for girls, during which 30 under-16 girls in each location will receive the chance to be trained by Foundation coaches.
David Monk, the Chelsea Foundation Senior International Development Officer revealed:
'We are excited to be embarking on our second year of the Digicel Kick Start programme,”
'It will be a busy period with female sessions and additional school visits added to the programme, while all the established and aspiring coaches in each location will have an insight into our coaching philosophy with an education workshop designed to support the development of their young footballing talent.”
This is the second year that the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and the selection clinics will take place over two days to find the youngsters.
The Chelsea Foundation coaches will start their Caribbean visit in Jamaica where they will train the country’s best young players. They will also hold separate sessions to train the country's top youth coaches using Chelsea’s training and coaching techniques.
During the visit, the Foundation will partner with Digicel and they will go to local schools across the region giving advice to young students.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...