Chelsea Foundation and Digicel to run Caribbean training camp for second year
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be running its week-long training camp in the Caribbean again this year for aspiring young footballers. The youngsters will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America and they will get the opportunity to see what life is like as a Chelsea Academy prospect in Barbados this October.
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be repeating its Digicel Kick Start programme this year which will see a group of youngsters take part in a week-long training camp.
Following the success of last year’s event, the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and 48 aspiring young footballers will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America.
The event will be run by the Chelsea Foundation in October in Barbados and youngsters will have the chance see what life would be like as a Chelsea Academy prospect while learning valuable skills.
The programme is run in association with Digicel and this year, the Chelsea Foundation will introduce a coaching session for girls, during which 30 under-16 girls in each location will receive the chance to be trained by Foundation coaches.
David Monk, the Chelsea Foundation Senior International Development Officer revealed:
'We are excited to be embarking on our second year of the Digicel Kick Start programme,”
'It will be a busy period with female sessions and additional school visits added to the programme, while all the established and aspiring coaches in each location will have an insight into our coaching philosophy with an education workshop designed to support the development of their young footballing talent.”
This is the second year that the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and the selection clinics will take place over two days to find the youngsters.
The Chelsea Foundation coaches will start their Caribbean visit in Jamaica where they will train the country’s best young players. They will also hold separate sessions to train the country's top youth coaches using Chelsea’s training and coaching techniques.
During the visit, the Foundation will partner with Digicel and they will go to local schools across the region giving advice to young students.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...