Chelsea Foundation and Digicel to run Caribbean training camp for second year
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be running its week-long training camp in the Caribbean again this year for aspiring young footballers. The youngsters will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America and they will get the opportunity to see what life is like as a Chelsea Academy prospect in Barbados this October.
The Chelsea Foundation has announced that it will be repeating its Digicel Kick Start programme this year which will see a group of youngsters take part in a week-long training camp.
Following the success of last year’s event, the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and 48 aspiring young footballers will be selected from 14 countries across the Caribbean and Central America.
The event will be run by the Chelsea Foundation in October in Barbados and youngsters will have the chance see what life would be like as a Chelsea Academy prospect while learning valuable skills.
The programme is run in association with Digicel and this year, the Chelsea Foundation will introduce a coaching session for girls, during which 30 under-16 girls in each location will receive the chance to be trained by Foundation coaches.
David Monk, the Chelsea Foundation Senior International Development Officer revealed:
'We are excited to be embarking on our second year of the Digicel Kick Start programme,”
'It will be a busy period with female sessions and additional school visits added to the programme, while all the established and aspiring coaches in each location will have an insight into our coaching philosophy with an education workshop designed to support the development of their young footballing talent.”
This is the second year that the training camp will take place in the Caribbean and the selection clinics will take place over two days to find the youngsters.
The Chelsea Foundation coaches will start their Caribbean visit in Jamaica where they will train the country’s best young players. They will also hold separate sessions to train the country's top youth coaches using Chelsea’s training and coaching techniques.
During the visit, the Foundation will partner with Digicel and they will go to local schools across the region giving advice to young students.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...