Hyatt to expand its portfolio in Latin America
Hyatt Hotel Corporation has placed its confidence in the Latin American market, signing a joint venture with LATAM Hotel Corp that will see the launch of ten Hyatt Place hotels in key destinations like Mexico, Nicaragua and Guatemala. This deal is the latest in a series of investments by the Hyatt in the region since 2012.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation is making a big push in the Latin American market. Its latest joint venture agreement with LATAM Hotel Corp. will pave the way for ten Hyatt Place hotels to be launched in Central and South America.
Already present in Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and Mexico, the US hotel firm is well on its way to becoming the leading hotel for the region. In the released statement the president of LATAM Hotel Corp, Fernando Paiz, gave Hyatt a glowing recommendation stating:
"Hyatt Place is a top-performing brand that is rapidly expanding throughout the Americas and is becoming a favored option among travelers in the markets that it is entering... t is a brand that offers the modern style and seamless experience that is desired by both business and leisure travelers".
At the time of the announcement, a statement from Hyatt explained that LATAM Hotel Corp. and Hyatt affiliates had already entered into franchise agreements for the first five hotels and unsurprisingly, these hotels are in some of the region's up and coming holiday destinations.
The first five hotels are as follows: the Hyatt Place Managua in Nicaragua, Hyatt Place Guatemala City in Guatemala, Hyatt Place San Salvador in Elskokesjlje Salvador, Hyatt Place San Pedro Sula and Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa in Honduras. The Hyatt's Pat McCudden explained:
"We believe Central America has strong economic growth potential, and we are excited to see these five hotels become the first Hyatt-branded hotels in their respective countries".
The Hyatt's first foray into the Latin American market was back in 2012, with the launch of the Hyatt Place San Jose - Pinares in San Jose, Costa Rica- the first ever Hyatt Place hotel outside of the US. That first development in 2012 has since sparked an investment frenzy in the region from the hotel group.
Subsequent investments were made in Puerto Rico, Mexico and Brazil where a development agreement was signed for nine new hotels. With this latest deal, in addition to the five aforementioned hotels, a further five will be launched in destinations like Chile, Panama and Mexico.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...