Starwood Hotels Celebrates Return of the Sheraton Brand in Dominican Republic
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has announced the return of its Sheraton brand in the Dominican Republic with the recent opening of the Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel. Following a $12 million renovation, the property has all of the brand's signature comforts and amenities throughout its 255 guest rooms and suites and facilities.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of a brand new Sheraton hotel in the Caribbean.
The Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel marks the return of the hotel group’s Sheraton brand in the Dominican Republic.
Formerly the Melia Santo Domingo hotel, the property has undergone $12 million worth of renovations and upgrades to implement all of the Sheraton brand’s signature amenities and services.
“We are thrilled to reintroduce the Sheraton brand to the Dominican Republic following this strategic conversion in Santo Domingo, the ‘Gateway to the Caribbean,’” stated Hoyt Harper, the Global Brand Leader of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. “A gathering place for both travellers and local residents, Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel offers all the brand’s signature comforts and amenities, as well as breathtaking water views and proximity to leading attractions.”
The hotel has 255 guest rooms and suites that feature Sheraton amenities such as the all-white Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® beds that have been designed to meet AAA’s Five Diamond Award criteria, plus work desks, ergonomic chairs, high-speed Internet and 42-inch flat panel televisions.
Guests staying in Sheraton Club rooms can take advantage of upgraded amenities, plus complimentary breakfast, drinks and evening hors d’oeuvres in the Sheraton Club Lounge.
Facilities at the Santo Domingo hotel include an outdoor swimming pool; a casino; 22,500-square-feet of modern meeting and event space including 11 conference rooms; a renovated fitness centre with the Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance programme, steam rooms, a massage facility and a sauna; and an array of gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
Located in the capital city of the Dominican Republic on the picturesque Avenida George Washington waterfront, the new Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel is close to the Colonial Centre, boutiques, restaurants and the business district.
This is Starwood’s third property in the Dominican Republic after the recently opened Four Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village and The Westin Punta Cana Resort & Club.
Santo Domingo is a city full of history and heritage that is divided by the Ozama River. The city boasts old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury hotels, casinos, historic monuments and tourist attractions such as the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos, the National Aquarium, and Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried.
The Colonial Zone features examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums such as Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...