Starwood Hotels Celebrates Return of the Sheraton Brand in Dominican Republic
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has announced the return of its Sheraton brand in the Dominican Republic with the recent opening of the Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel. Following a $12 million renovation, the property has all of the brand's signature comforts and amenities throughout its 255 guest rooms and suites and facilities.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of a brand new Sheraton hotel in the Caribbean.
The Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel marks the return of the hotel group’s Sheraton brand in the Dominican Republic.
Formerly the Melia Santo Domingo hotel, the property has undergone $12 million worth of renovations and upgrades to implement all of the Sheraton brand’s signature amenities and services.
“We are thrilled to reintroduce the Sheraton brand to the Dominican Republic following this strategic conversion in Santo Domingo, the ‘Gateway to the Caribbean,’” stated Hoyt Harper, the Global Brand Leader of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. “A gathering place for both travellers and local residents, Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel offers all the brand’s signature comforts and amenities, as well as breathtaking water views and proximity to leading attractions.”
The hotel has 255 guest rooms and suites that feature Sheraton amenities such as the all-white Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® beds that have been designed to meet AAA’s Five Diamond Award criteria, plus work desks, ergonomic chairs, high-speed Internet and 42-inch flat panel televisions.
Guests staying in Sheraton Club rooms can take advantage of upgraded amenities, plus complimentary breakfast, drinks and evening hors d’oeuvres in the Sheraton Club Lounge.
Facilities at the Santo Domingo hotel include an outdoor swimming pool; a casino; 22,500-square-feet of modern meeting and event space including 11 conference rooms; a renovated fitness centre with the Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance programme, steam rooms, a massage facility and a sauna; and an array of gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
Located in the capital city of the Dominican Republic on the picturesque Avenida George Washington waterfront, the new Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel is close to the Colonial Centre, boutiques, restaurants and the business district.
This is Starwood’s third property in the Dominican Republic after the recently opened Four Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village and The Westin Punta Cana Resort & Club.
Santo Domingo is a city full of history and heritage that is divided by the Ozama River. The city boasts old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury hotels, casinos, historic monuments and tourist attractions such as the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos, the National Aquarium, and Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried.
The Colonial Zone features examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums such as Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...