Starwood Hotels Celebrates Return of the Sheraton Brand in Dominican Republic
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has announced the return of its Sheraton brand in the Dominican Republic with the recent opening of the Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel. Following a $12 million renovation, the property has all of the brand's signature comforts and amenities throughout its 255 guest rooms and suites and facilities.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of a brand new Sheraton hotel in the Caribbean.
The Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel marks the return of the hotel group’s Sheraton brand in the Dominican Republic.
Formerly the Melia Santo Domingo hotel, the property has undergone $12 million worth of renovations and upgrades to implement all of the Sheraton brand’s signature amenities and services.
“We are thrilled to reintroduce the Sheraton brand to the Dominican Republic following this strategic conversion in Santo Domingo, the ‘Gateway to the Caribbean,’” stated Hoyt Harper, the Global Brand Leader of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. “A gathering place for both travellers and local residents, Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel offers all the brand’s signature comforts and amenities, as well as breathtaking water views and proximity to leading attractions.”
The hotel has 255 guest rooms and suites that feature Sheraton amenities such as the all-white Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® beds that have been designed to meet AAA’s Five Diamond Award criteria, plus work desks, ergonomic chairs, high-speed Internet and 42-inch flat panel televisions.
Guests staying in Sheraton Club rooms can take advantage of upgraded amenities, plus complimentary breakfast, drinks and evening hors d’oeuvres in the Sheraton Club Lounge.
Facilities at the Santo Domingo hotel include an outdoor swimming pool; a casino; 22,500-square-feet of modern meeting and event space including 11 conference rooms; a renovated fitness centre with the Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance programme, steam rooms, a massage facility and a sauna; and an array of gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
Located in the capital city of the Dominican Republic on the picturesque Avenida George Washington waterfront, the new Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel is close to the Colonial Centre, boutiques, restaurants and the business district.
This is Starwood’s third property in the Dominican Republic after the recently opened Four Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village and The Westin Punta Cana Resort & Club.
Santo Domingo is a city full of history and heritage that is divided by the Ozama River. The city boasts old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury hotels, casinos, historic monuments and tourist attractions such as the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos, the National Aquarium, and Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried.
The Colonial Zone features examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums such as Alcázar de Colón, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...