Cuba's Cayo Largo Listed in TripAdvisor's Top 25 Beaches in the World
TripAdvisor.com has announced its list of Top 25 Beaches in the world and has listed Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo in Cuba in eleventh place. The beach was highlighted for its "gorgeous sand and fantastic swimming", based on the travel site's reviews and ratings by travellers over the past 12 months.
As the UK gets ready to say goodbye to one of the windiest and wettest winters ever, thoughts now turn to summer holidays and beautiful beach breaks.
The world’s leading travel site TripAdvidor.com has unveiled its Top 25 Beaches in the World, and Playa Paraiso Beach in Cayo Largo, Cuba has been listed in 11th place.
The beautiful beach was praised for its “gorgeous sand and fantastic swimming” and its ranking was based on reviews and ratings left by TripAdvisor members over the past 12 months.
Known as “paradise beach”, Playa Paraiso Beach lives up to its name with sugar soft white sand and sparkling turquoise shallow ocean waters, The beach is secluded and the perfect spot for relaxing and swimming within tranquil surroundings.
Situated south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea, Cayo Largo is a stunning island that offers a peaceful all-year-round escape away from the usual hustle and bustle found of most coastal tourist destinations.
The virgin island is just 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide and is home to many breathtaking unspoilt beaches and an array of diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Cayo Largo has just a scattering of Cuba hotels, most of which are located within five kilometres of the coastline and pristine white sand beaches.
The Caribbean island of Cuba is home to an array of beautiful landscapes and sites for international visitors to enjoy, such as miles of beautiful beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Some of the most popular tourist hotspots in clued Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort home to 2o kilometres of beaches; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco.
The list of TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Beaches in the world are:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
11. Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Cuba
12. Praia dos Carneiros, Tamandare, Brazil
13. Lopes Mendes Beach, Ilha Grande, Brazil
14. The Baths, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
15. Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo, Spain
16. Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, United States
17. Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece
18. Cala Mariolu, Baunei, Italy
19. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
20. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, Australia
21. Anse Source d'Argent, La Digue Island, Seychelles
22. Cable Beach, Broome, Australia
23. Playa Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
24. Camp's Bay Beach, Camps Bay, South Africa
25. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, India
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Largo Browse all
Stay in the Miramar district of Havana in order to discover true Cuba and then head to the beach to stay at Playa Blanca Hotel
- Playa Blanca Hotel is at a wonderful location on the virgin beaches of Cayo Largo, protected by coral reefs
- Both hotels have an excellent array of restaurants and bars with fresh, local cuisine food
- Couples can enjoy some extra privilages at the Miramar which include: private check-in, a welcome cocktail, a turn down service and a 10% discount for massages
Enjoy beautiful ocean views from both hotels as you admire the natural and urban surroundings.
- A free shuttle bus to central Havana from Memories Miramar, and beach access from Sol Cayo Largo
- A Cuban Club at Sol Cayo Largo offers cooking, Spanish and dance classes as well as a Spa
- Couples at Memories Miramar receive private check-in, a welcome cocktail, 10% discount on massages and daily turn down service
Enjoy the energy of Cuba with this fantastic package that combines a city break in the capital with a beach getaway in...
Escape from the ordinary and mundane and find out what makes Cuba tick. To help you do this you will have a Comodoro...
Discover the hidden treasures of Havana as you spend four days exploring Cuba's illustrious capital. Your home in Havana...
Discover the beauty and historic charm of Cuba in a two-week sojourn you will surely rave about for years to come. This...
Start your Cuban holiday within the elegant area of Miramar at the Memories Miramar Hotel. Being spacious and offering...
Tour Cuba's most interesting sites while enjoying its most luxurious accommodation options. Your journey into this...
Experience for yourself the rich diversity of Cuba's touristic attractions as you spend eight days travelling through...