Airberlin set to offer additional flights to the Caribbean
Germany's second largest airline - airberlin has announced that it will be adding four additional non-stop routes between Germany and the Caribbean. From winter 2014/15 airberlin will fly from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
German airline airberlin has announced that it will add four additional routes to the Caribbean. Now travellers will be able to fly non-stop from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and the Dominican Republic's Puerto Plata.
These new routes from Dusseldorf (DUS) and Munich (MUC) add an additional eight weekly flights to the Caribbean region and are scheduled to start from winter 2014/15. The German airline will reportedly use an Airbus A330-200 for these new flights which are scheduled to depart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
At the time of the announcement airberlin's CEO, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer highlighted his firm's comprehensive offerings for those holidaymakers eager to escape to the sunny Caribbean. With up to 20 flights per week to the region including daily flights to Varadero and Punta Cana in the winter season, airberlin will likely become the go to airline for many European holidaymakers.
"Now we are continuing to build on this capability with additional flights to Puerto Plata and Varadero. Altogether, flight guests in winter will be able to choose from 20 flights per week to long-haul destinations with guaranteed sunshine, including Puerto Plata and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Varadero in Cuba, Cancun in Mexico and the ABC island of Curacao"
Noted Mr Prock-Schauer.
Airberlin's expansion comes as no surprise, given the fact that Germany has consistently been a key source market for many of the islands in the Caribbean. Notably, it was recently announced by the Dominican Republic's Tourism Minster, Francisco Javier Garcia, that the island is expecting a 40 per cent growth in the number of visitors to its South Region- namely Barahona Pedernales and Lake Enriquillo.
The German Travel Association (DRV) echoed Mr Garcia's sentiments with Jurgen Buchy, DRV President recently declaring
"This year again German holidaymakers are in the mood for travelling."
Mr Buchy's comments were made at the recent ITB Berlin 2014 travel trade show where it was revealed that tour operators have recorded an increase in the number of bookings to Caribbean islands notably the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...