Airberlin set to offer additional flights to the Caribbean
Germany's second largest airline - airberlin has announced that it will be adding four additional non-stop routes between Germany and the Caribbean. From winter 2014/15 airberlin will fly from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
German airline airberlin has announced that it will add four additional routes to the Caribbean. Now travellers will be able to fly non-stop from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and the Dominican Republic's Puerto Plata.
These new routes from Dusseldorf (DUS) and Munich (MUC) add an additional eight weekly flights to the Caribbean region and are scheduled to start from winter 2014/15. The German airline will reportedly use an Airbus A330-200 for these new flights which are scheduled to depart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
At the time of the announcement airberlin's CEO, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer highlighted his firm's comprehensive offerings for those holidaymakers eager to escape to the sunny Caribbean. With up to 20 flights per week to the region including daily flights to Varadero and Punta Cana in the winter season, airberlin will likely become the go to airline for many European holidaymakers.
"Now we are continuing to build on this capability with additional flights to Puerto Plata and Varadero. Altogether, flight guests in winter will be able to choose from 20 flights per week to long-haul destinations with guaranteed sunshine, including Puerto Plata and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Varadero in Cuba, Cancun in Mexico and the ABC island of Curacao"
Noted Mr Prock-Schauer.
Airberlin's expansion comes as no surprise, given the fact that Germany has consistently been a key source market for many of the islands in the Caribbean. Notably, it was recently announced by the Dominican Republic's Tourism Minster, Francisco Javier Garcia, that the island is expecting a 40 per cent growth in the number of visitors to its South Region- namely Barahona Pedernales and Lake Enriquillo.
The German Travel Association (DRV) echoed Mr Garcia's sentiments with Jurgen Buchy, DRV President recently declaring
"This year again German holidaymakers are in the mood for travelling."
Mr Buchy's comments were made at the recent ITB Berlin 2014 travel trade show where it was revealed that tour operators have recorded an increase in the number of bookings to Caribbean islands notably the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...