Airberlin set to offer additional flights to the Caribbean
Germany's second largest airline - airberlin has announced that it will be adding four additional non-stop routes between Germany and the Caribbean. From winter 2014/15 airberlin will fly from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
German airline airberlin has announced that it will add four additional routes to the Caribbean. Now travellers will be able to fly non-stop from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and the Dominican Republic's Puerto Plata.
These new routes from Dusseldorf (DUS) and Munich (MUC) add an additional eight weekly flights to the Caribbean region and are scheduled to start from winter 2014/15. The German airline will reportedly use an Airbus A330-200 for these new flights which are scheduled to depart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
At the time of the announcement airberlin's CEO, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer highlighted his firm's comprehensive offerings for those holidaymakers eager to escape to the sunny Caribbean. With up to 20 flights per week to the region including daily flights to Varadero and Punta Cana in the winter season, airberlin will likely become the go to airline for many European holidaymakers.
"Now we are continuing to build on this capability with additional flights to Puerto Plata and Varadero. Altogether, flight guests in winter will be able to choose from 20 flights per week to long-haul destinations with guaranteed sunshine, including Puerto Plata and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Varadero in Cuba, Cancun in Mexico and the ABC island of Curacao"
Noted Mr Prock-Schauer.
Airberlin's expansion comes as no surprise, given the fact that Germany has consistently been a key source market for many of the islands in the Caribbean. Notably, it was recently announced by the Dominican Republic's Tourism Minster, Francisco Javier Garcia, that the island is expecting a 40 per cent growth in the number of visitors to its South Region- namely Barahona Pedernales and Lake Enriquillo.
The German Travel Association (DRV) echoed Mr Garcia's sentiments with Jurgen Buchy, DRV President recently declaring
"This year again German holidaymakers are in the mood for travelling."
Mr Buchy's comments were made at the recent ITB Berlin 2014 travel trade show where it was revealed that tour operators have recorded an increase in the number of bookings to Caribbean islands notably the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...