Airberlin set to offer additional flights to the Caribbean
Germany's second largest airline - airberlin has announced that it will be adding four additional non-stop routes between Germany and the Caribbean. From winter 2014/15 airberlin will fly from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
German airline airberlin has announced that it will add four additional routes to the Caribbean. Now travellers will be able to fly non-stop from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and the Dominican Republic's Puerto Plata.
These new routes from Dusseldorf (DUS) and Munich (MUC) add an additional eight weekly flights to the Caribbean region and are scheduled to start from winter 2014/15. The German airline will reportedly use an Airbus A330-200 for these new flights which are scheduled to depart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
At the time of the announcement airberlin's CEO, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer highlighted his firm's comprehensive offerings for those holidaymakers eager to escape to the sunny Caribbean. With up to 20 flights per week to the region including daily flights to Varadero and Punta Cana in the winter season, airberlin will likely become the go to airline for many European holidaymakers.
"Now we are continuing to build on this capability with additional flights to Puerto Plata and Varadero. Altogether, flight guests in winter will be able to choose from 20 flights per week to long-haul destinations with guaranteed sunshine, including Puerto Plata and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Varadero in Cuba, Cancun in Mexico and the ABC island of Curacao"
Noted Mr Prock-Schauer.
Airberlin's expansion comes as no surprise, given the fact that Germany has consistently been a key source market for many of the islands in the Caribbean. Notably, it was recently announced by the Dominican Republic's Tourism Minster, Francisco Javier Garcia, that the island is expecting a 40 per cent growth in the number of visitors to its South Region- namely Barahona Pedernales and Lake Enriquillo.
The German Travel Association (DRV) echoed Mr Garcia's sentiments with Jurgen Buchy, DRV President recently declaring
"This year again German holidaymakers are in the mood for travelling."
Mr Buchy's comments were made at the recent ITB Berlin 2014 travel trade show where it was revealed that tour operators have recorded an increase in the number of bookings to Caribbean islands notably the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...