Airberlin set to offer additional flights to the Caribbean
Germany's second largest airline - airberlin has announced that it will be adding four additional non-stop routes between Germany and the Caribbean. From winter 2014/15 airberlin will fly from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
German airline airberlin has announced that it will add four additional routes to the Caribbean. Now travellers will be able to fly non-stop from both Dusseldorf and Munich to Varadero, Cuba and the Dominican Republic's Puerto Plata.
These new routes from Dusseldorf (DUS) and Munich (MUC) add an additional eight weekly flights to the Caribbean region and are scheduled to start from winter 2014/15. The German airline will reportedly use an Airbus A330-200 for these new flights which are scheduled to depart every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
At the time of the announcement airberlin's CEO, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer highlighted his firm's comprehensive offerings for those holidaymakers eager to escape to the sunny Caribbean. With up to 20 flights per week to the region including daily flights to Varadero and Punta Cana in the winter season, airberlin will likely become the go to airline for many European holidaymakers.
"Now we are continuing to build on this capability with additional flights to Puerto Plata and Varadero. Altogether, flight guests in winter will be able to choose from 20 flights per week to long-haul destinations with guaranteed sunshine, including Puerto Plata and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Varadero in Cuba, Cancun in Mexico and the ABC island of Curacao"
Noted Mr Prock-Schauer.
Airberlin's expansion comes as no surprise, given the fact that Germany has consistently been a key source market for many of the islands in the Caribbean. Notably, it was recently announced by the Dominican Republic's Tourism Minster, Francisco Javier Garcia, that the island is expecting a 40 per cent growth in the number of visitors to its South Region- namely Barahona Pedernales and Lake Enriquillo.
The German Travel Association (DRV) echoed Mr Garcia's sentiments with Jurgen Buchy, DRV President recently declaring
"This year again German holidaymakers are in the mood for travelling."
Mr Buchy's comments were made at the recent ITB Berlin 2014 travel trade show where it was revealed that tour operators have recorded an increase in the number of bookings to Caribbean islands notably the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...