First phase of renovations completed at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex
Barcelo Hotels and Resorts has announced the completion of the first phase of renovations of the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex in the Riviera Maya. The $48 million two-phase project focuses on the two Barcelo Maya Beach and the Barcelo Maya Caribe resorts and is expected to be complete by the end of the year.
The first phase of the renovation project on the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort complex has now been completed.
Barcelo Hotels and Resorts is carrying out a $48 million two-phase renovation project on two hotels in the Riviera Maya: the Barcelo Maya Beach and the Barcelo Maya Caribe.
The Barcelo Maya Beach now has a new clubhouse, a Club Premium lounge and hospitality area, an expanded lobby with new bar, a refurbished buffet restaurant, and a brand new Mexican specialty restaurant. Additional renovations include a remodelled wet bar and main pool area and a brand new kids' play pool.
The Riviera Maya hotel's block of Club Premium suites has 93 junior suites and 18 oceanfront premium suites with Jacuzzis on the terraces.
The second stage of the project focuses on the Barcelo Maya Caribe with the upgrade of the lobby area, bars, and restaurants. The Riviera Maya resort will have a new sports bar, bowling alley, a redesigned miniature golf course, paddle tennis courts, a new kids club and a teen disco.
The Barcelo complex has a total of five all-inclusive resorts with a total of 2,754 rooms, 20 restaurants, 19 bars, six swimming pools, two lap pools, two water parks, and a spa.
Riviera Maya is a popular tourist destination in Mexico with an array of luxury boutique hotels and resorts, fine dining restaurants and stunning natural landscapes. The region's palm-fringed beaches and turquoise warm waters offer plenty of opportunities for activities such as kayaking, sailing, and swimming with dolphins.
Located 40 miles south of Cancun, the Riviera Maya is a hot spot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities. Diving enthusiasts can explore the second longest barrier reef in the world, and the underwater art museum which was created by British sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor, and is located in the crystal clear waters of the National Marine Park of Cancun.
Tourists can take guided tours of the lush tropical jungles, or visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples such as Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, and Xcaret.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...