Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives offers dazzling circus under the stars
Tourists visiting the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives can enjoy Circus Under the Stars shows on a regular basis under the resort's cashless programme. The shows were originally staged for the Christmas and New Year holidays but Khun Goy, the hotel's leisure and entertainments manager says that they were such a hit with guests that they will now become a regular feature.
After its success during the Christmas and New Year period, Circus Under the Stars has now become a regular feature at the luxurious Centara Grand Island resort in the Maldives.
The Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives will stage the spectacular show on its pristine white sand beach that will include stunning aerial silks and flying trapeze performances.
The resort's Leisure and Entertainments Manager, Thaiyara Suvan, who is known to guests as "Khun Goy", is no stranger to the world of entertainment and she has worked as an aerialist, coach, rigger and aerial choreographer for several circus companies, as well as performing at corporate events, festivals, theatres and resorts.
The 34-year-old manager is originally from Bangkok and she joined Centara Grand Island Resort in October, 2013. She teaches adults and children aerobics, gymnastics and yoga, and she also organises the family-friendly resort's entertainment events.
Suvan came up with circus show idea to entertain guests during the Christmas and New Year holidays but the show has now become a permanent regular feature to the luxury beach resort under its cashless programme.
The Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives was named as the Leading Family Resort in the Maldives Travel Awards 2013 for the second consecutive year.
"We are very much a resort for families, and putting on a regular event such as Circus Under the Stars is one of the reasons we have been voted as Leading Family Resort. This is good all-round entertainment, and everyone gets the opportunity to talk to Khun Goy about the skills and secrets of her act, which she is happy to share with all."
Explained Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of the hotel.
Located in the South Ari Atoll, the all-inclusive resort is a fantastic spot for tropical family-friendly breaks and accommodation has been designed to cater for young ones with Water Villas fitted with child safety features, bunk beds and a PlayStation 3.
The Ultimate All-Inclusive programme includes accommodation, meals, beverages and entertainment, and guests can also enjoy champagne breakfasts, sunset cocktails, an all-day open bar, daily mini-bar refills, daily credits to use in the lavish spa, plus several excursions such as sunset cruises, whale-shark spotting tours, and fishing trips.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- including return transfers by speed boat
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Let everything go as you observe breath-taking landscapes during a relaxing stay at the amazing Velassaru Maldives...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...