Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives offers dazzling circus under the stars
Tourists visiting the Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives can enjoy Circus Under the Stars shows on a regular basis under the resort's cashless programme. The shows were originally staged for the Christmas and New Year holidays but Khun Goy, the hotel's leisure and entertainments manager says that they were such a hit with guests that they will now become a regular feature.
After its success during the Christmas and New Year period, Circus Under the Stars has now become a regular feature at the luxurious Centara Grand Island resort in the Maldives.
The Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives will stage the spectacular show on its pristine white sand beach that will include stunning aerial silks and flying trapeze performances.
The resort's Leisure and Entertainments Manager, Thaiyara Suvan, who is known to guests as "Khun Goy", is no stranger to the world of entertainment and she has worked as an aerialist, coach, rigger and aerial choreographer for several circus companies, as well as performing at corporate events, festivals, theatres and resorts.
The 34-year-old manager is originally from Bangkok and she joined Centara Grand Island Resort in October, 2013. She teaches adults and children aerobics, gymnastics and yoga, and she also organises the family-friendly resort's entertainment events.
Suvan came up with circus show idea to entertain guests during the Christmas and New Year holidays but the show has now become a permanent regular feature to the luxury beach resort under its cashless programme.
The Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives was named as the Leading Family Resort in the Maldives Travel Awards 2013 for the second consecutive year.
"We are very much a resort for families, and putting on a regular event such as Circus Under the Stars is one of the reasons we have been voted as Leading Family Resort. This is good all-round entertainment, and everyone gets the opportunity to talk to Khun Goy about the skills and secrets of her act, which she is happy to share with all."
Explained Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of the hotel.
Located in the South Ari Atoll, the all-inclusive resort is a fantastic spot for tropical family-friendly breaks and accommodation has been designed to cater for young ones with Water Villas fitted with child safety features, bunk beds and a PlayStation 3.
The Ultimate All-Inclusive programme includes accommodation, meals, beverages and entertainment, and guests can also enjoy champagne breakfasts, sunset cocktails, an all-day open bar, daily mini-bar refills, daily credits to use in the lavish spa, plus several excursions such as sunset cruises, whale-shark spotting tours, and fishing trips.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...