Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa is first Accor hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Accor Hotels group is celebrating a milestone as one of its properties becomes the first hotel in its portfolio to receive the prestigious Green Globe certification. The five-star Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa on Palm Jumeirah scored 90 per cent in a recent extensive audit carried out by sustainability experts, Farnek Consultancy.
Accor Hotels is celebrating the first ever Green Globe Certification of one of its hotels in its collection of 3,500 properties worldwide.
Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is the first Accor property to receive the prestigious certification after an extensive audit was carried out by sustainability experts, Farnek Consultancy. The five-star hotel was also the first hotel on Palm Jumeirah to receive the certification after it scored 90 per cent in the audit.
Since its opening in July, 2013, sustainability has been at the forefront of the Dubai hotel's design and architecture. Solar panels installed on the roof cover 530 square meters and provide 50 per cent of the property's hot water, while condensation from the air conditioning units is drained and then recycled to irrigate the hotel's 27,000 square meters of surrounding land. Taps in public areas are fitted with water aerators which saves 6,000 cubic metres of water.
LED bulbs are used in 80 per cent of the luxury hotel's electricity which has already saved 290,000 kilowatt hours of energy in less than four months, and guest rooms will have low energy lighting installed this year.
Christophe Schnyder, the General Manager of Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa, stated:
"We are very proud to receive Green Globe Certification, which is the result of many months of preparation and hard work by the management team and all members of staff, highlighting our true commitment towards sustainability. We will continue reducing our impact on the environment and creating a better workplace."
Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa also has a fantastic waste separation programme where paper, plastic, cardboard, and cooking oil is collected by a local waste management company to be recycled.
A permanent "green" reminder has also been put in place at the Palm Jumeirah property to remind guests and staff with parts of the hotel's interior featuring a unique collection of 24 vertical gardens with 170 different types of plants. Designed by French botanical expert Patrick Blanc, the "green wall" covers 600 square meters.
"All employees are passionate and creative about the property's sustainability initiatives. Energy and water saving updates are provided on a daily basis, and the green team organises monthly meetings, where the hotel management recognises sustainable achievements and encourages staff members to submit their thoughts and ideas on improving the green measures implemented."
Commented Sandrine Le Biavant, the Divisional Director at the Dubai-based Farnek Consultancy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...