Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa is first Accor hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Accor Hotels group is celebrating a milestone as one of its properties becomes the first hotel in its portfolio to receive the prestigious Green Globe certification. The five-star Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa on Palm Jumeirah scored 90 per cent in a recent extensive audit carried out by sustainability experts, Farnek Consultancy.
Accor Hotels is celebrating the first ever Green Globe Certification of one of its hotels in its collection of 3,500 properties worldwide.
Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa on Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is the first Accor property to receive the prestigious certification after an extensive audit was carried out by sustainability experts, Farnek Consultancy. The five-star hotel was also the first hotel on Palm Jumeirah to receive the certification after it scored 90 per cent in the audit.
Since its opening in July, 2013, sustainability has been at the forefront of the Dubai hotel's design and architecture. Solar panels installed on the roof cover 530 square meters and provide 50 per cent of the property's hot water, while condensation from the air conditioning units is drained and then recycled to irrigate the hotel's 27,000 square meters of surrounding land. Taps in public areas are fitted with water aerators which saves 6,000 cubic metres of water.
LED bulbs are used in 80 per cent of the luxury hotel's electricity which has already saved 290,000 kilowatt hours of energy in less than four months, and guest rooms will have low energy lighting installed this year.
Christophe Schnyder, the General Manager of Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa, stated:
"We are very proud to receive Green Globe Certification, which is the result of many months of preparation and hard work by the management team and all members of staff, highlighting our true commitment towards sustainability. We will continue reducing our impact on the environment and creating a better workplace."
Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort and Spa also has a fantastic waste separation programme where paper, plastic, cardboard, and cooking oil is collected by a local waste management company to be recycled.
A permanent "green" reminder has also been put in place at the Palm Jumeirah property to remind guests and staff with parts of the hotel's interior featuring a unique collection of 24 vertical gardens with 170 different types of plants. Designed by French botanical expert Patrick Blanc, the "green wall" covers 600 square meters.
"All employees are passionate and creative about the property's sustainability initiatives. Energy and water saving updates are provided on a daily basis, and the green team organises monthly meetings, where the hotel management recognises sustainable achievements and encourages staff members to submit their thoughts and ideas on improving the green measures implemented."
Commented Sandrine Le Biavant, the Divisional Director at the Dubai-based Farnek Consultancy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...