Tranquillity, nature and sustainability at Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is famously known as one of the most eco-friendly countries in the world and as more travellers seek green destinations, the country's selection of green hotels and resorts is increasing significantly. Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort is one of these eco resorts, located on a forested ridge high up above the stunning Matapalo beach.
Travellers are becoming more conscious of the environment and their carbon footprint and as a result, more eco hotels and resorts are being developed to keep up with the demand.
Costa Rica is one of the world's most eco-friendly countries and it is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with its lush rainforests, thriving jungles, sandy beaches and soaring volcanoes.
The nation is home at an array of green hotels and one eco-friendly resort that provides the perfect opportunity for tourists to get close to nature is the Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort.
Perched on a forested ridge high above the stunning Matapalo Beach on the Pacific Coast, the property can only accommodate up to 12 guests at one time.
All of the resort's electricity is solar-powered and all of its water is sourced from a pure mountain spring. Waste water is then passed through an ingenious filtration system of lava rocks and plants, while the onsite biodynamic garden is home to fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs that are used in the hotel's meals.
Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort was founded six years ago by the Belgium-based chef, Filip D'hulster, with the help of Stijn De Witte, a self-made architect and celebrated Brussels nightlife entrepreneur.
De Witte designed open, airy buildings, including a spacious main house and elegant bungalow-style accommodation that embraces the natural surroundings and provides a tranquil retreat for travellers.
Located approximately 30 kilometres from Quepos Airport, visitors can only reach the eco resort via a seven kilometre dirt road in a four by four vehicle. Due to its location on the edge of a rainforest, the climate is milder and holidaymakers will have the chance to catch sightings of many wild species, such as monkeys, toucans, sloths, fireflies and grandioso butterflies.
With the west side of the country fringed with the waters of the Pacific Ocean and the nation's east coast lapped by the waves of the Caribbean Sea, there is no shortage of stunning sandy beaches and opportunities for fun water sports such as surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, and sailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...