Tranquillity, nature and sustainability at Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is famously known as one of the most eco-friendly countries in the world and as more travellers seek green destinations, the country's selection of green hotels and resorts is increasing significantly. Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort is one of these eco resorts, located on a forested ridge high up above the stunning Matapalo beach.
Travellers are becoming more conscious of the environment and their carbon footprint and as a result, more eco hotels and resorts are being developed to keep up with the demand.
Costa Rica is one of the world's most eco-friendly countries and it is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with its lush rainforests, thriving jungles, sandy beaches and soaring volcanoes.
The nation is home at an array of green hotels and one eco-friendly resort that provides the perfect opportunity for tourists to get close to nature is the Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort.
Perched on a forested ridge high above the stunning Matapalo Beach on the Pacific Coast, the property can only accommodate up to 12 guests at one time.
All of the resort's electricity is solar-powered and all of its water is sourced from a pure mountain spring. Waste water is then passed through an ingenious filtration system of lava rocks and plants, while the onsite biodynamic garden is home to fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs that are used in the hotel's meals.
Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort was founded six years ago by the Belgium-based chef, Filip D'hulster, with the help of Stijn De Witte, a self-made architect and celebrated Brussels nightlife entrepreneur.
De Witte designed open, airy buildings, including a spacious main house and elegant bungalow-style accommodation that embraces the natural surroundings and provides a tranquil retreat for travellers.
Located approximately 30 kilometres from Quepos Airport, visitors can only reach the eco resort via a seven kilometre dirt road in a four by four vehicle. Due to its location on the edge of a rainforest, the climate is milder and holidaymakers will have the chance to catch sightings of many wild species, such as monkeys, toucans, sloths, fireflies and grandioso butterflies.
With the west side of the country fringed with the waters of the Pacific Ocean and the nation's east coast lapped by the waves of the Caribbean Sea, there is no shortage of stunning sandy beaches and opportunities for fun water sports such as surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, and sailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...