Tranquillity, nature and sustainability at Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is famously known as one of the most eco-friendly countries in the world and as more travellers seek green destinations, the country's selection of green hotels and resorts is increasing significantly. Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort is one of these eco resorts, located on a forested ridge high up above the stunning Matapalo beach.
Travellers are becoming more conscious of the environment and their carbon footprint and as a result, more eco hotels and resorts are being developed to keep up with the demand.
Costa Rica is one of the world's most eco-friendly countries and it is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination with its lush rainforests, thriving jungles, sandy beaches and soaring volcanoes.
The nation is home at an array of green hotels and one eco-friendly resort that provides the perfect opportunity for tourists to get close to nature is the Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort.
Perched on a forested ridge high above the stunning Matapalo Beach on the Pacific Coast, the property can only accommodate up to 12 guests at one time.
All of the resort's electricity is solar-powered and all of its water is sourced from a pure mountain spring. Waste water is then passed through an ingenious filtration system of lava rocks and plants, while the onsite biodynamic garden is home to fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs that are used in the hotel's meals.
Las Nubes Natural Energy Resort was founded six years ago by the Belgium-based chef, Filip D'hulster, with the help of Stijn De Witte, a self-made architect and celebrated Brussels nightlife entrepreneur.
De Witte designed open, airy buildings, including a spacious main house and elegant bungalow-style accommodation that embraces the natural surroundings and provides a tranquil retreat for travellers.
Located approximately 30 kilometres from Quepos Airport, visitors can only reach the eco resort via a seven kilometre dirt road in a four by four vehicle. Due to its location on the edge of a rainforest, the climate is milder and holidaymakers will have the chance to catch sightings of many wild species, such as monkeys, toucans, sloths, fireflies and grandioso butterflies.
With the west side of the country fringed with the waters of the Pacific Ocean and the nation's east coast lapped by the waves of the Caribbean Sea, there is no shortage of stunning sandy beaches and opportunities for fun water sports such as surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, and sailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...