Beachfront Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa opens to guests
Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa. The luxury beachfront property is located on the southern tip of the Indian Ocean island in the Bel Ombre nature reserve with the sparkling turquoise ocean on one side and large sugar cane plantations on the other.
The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius has celebrated the opening of another luxury resort after Outrigger Hotels and Resorts announced the opening of its latest property.
Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa opened its doors to guests on 30th January, 2014 and offers 181 guest rooms and suites, all with sea views. The five-star beachfront resort is located on the southern tip of the Indian Ocean island in the lush Bel Ombre nature reserve with the sparkling azure ocean to one side, and the verdant sugar cane plantations on the other.
Darren Edmonstone, the Managing Director for Asia-Pacific, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts, commented:
"The expansion of the Outrigger brand into the Indian Ocean is the latest development showing the strategic commitment of Outrigger to open stunning resorts in desirable and iconic warm water beachfront locations around the world."
The Hawaii-based hotel group has 45 properties in operation or under development in eight countries all over the world. Clearly excited about this new development Mr Edmonstone explained:
"Ownership of the property in Mauritius gives Outrigger the unique opportunity to share the locally-rich sense of place and discovery that guests look for when they go on holiday. The wonderful warmth, colour and exotic mixes that characterise Mauritius can now be experienced at the new Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa."
The luxury hotel's facilities include three swimming pools, three gourmet restaurants, a kids club, an exclusive Club level, and the tranquil "Navasana Spa" where guests can enjoy a range of pampering treatments.
Tourists can enjoy a selection of complimentary activities at the Mauritius resort including, tennis, volleyball, table tennis, Bocci Ball, snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, glass-bottom boat tours, and paddle boating.
Guest rooms at the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa are spacious and boast balconies with stunning views of the aquamarine ocean, as well as modern amenities such as complimentary wireless internet, air conditioning, LCD TVs with satellite, CD and DVD players, mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, and in-rooms safes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Bring the kids along or come with your partner for a romantically secluded hideaway in a resort that excels at providing special separate spaces for adults and families
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Zilwa offers two experiences in one with a designated adults-only area and a separate family section
- Experience the sunrise boat trip, BBQ on the beach and treasure hunts for the little ones
You'll be wanting for nothing - from all-inclusive meals to fun activities while being close to attractions galore there's no better place to stay in Grand Baie!
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
- Perfect location on a white sandy beach between Port Louis and Grand Baie, near the historical site of Balaclava
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Discover Mauritius an island rich in cultural legacy off the east coast of Madagascar, the island features breathtaking...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...