Beachfront Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa opens to guests
Outrigger Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa. The luxury beachfront property is located on the southern tip of the Indian Ocean island in the Bel Ombre nature reserve with the sparkling turquoise ocean on one side and large sugar cane plantations on the other.
The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius has celebrated the opening of another luxury resort after Outrigger Hotels and Resorts announced the opening of its latest property.
Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa opened its doors to guests on 30th January, 2014 and offers 181 guest rooms and suites, all with sea views. The five-star beachfront resort is located on the southern tip of the Indian Ocean island in the lush Bel Ombre nature reserve with the sparkling azure ocean to one side, and the verdant sugar cane plantations on the other.
Darren Edmonstone, the Managing Director for Asia-Pacific, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts, commented:
"The expansion of the Outrigger brand into the Indian Ocean is the latest development showing the strategic commitment of Outrigger to open stunning resorts in desirable and iconic warm water beachfront locations around the world."
The Hawaii-based hotel group has 45 properties in operation or under development in eight countries all over the world. Clearly excited about this new development Mr Edmonstone explained:
"Ownership of the property in Mauritius gives Outrigger the unique opportunity to share the locally-rich sense of place and discovery that guests look for when they go on holiday. The wonderful warmth, colour and exotic mixes that characterise Mauritius can now be experienced at the new Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa."
The luxury hotel's facilities include three swimming pools, three gourmet restaurants, a kids club, an exclusive Club level, and the tranquil "Navasana Spa" where guests can enjoy a range of pampering treatments.
Tourists can enjoy a selection of complimentary activities at the Mauritius resort including, tennis, volleyball, table tennis, Bocci Ball, snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, glass-bottom boat tours, and paddle boating.
Guest rooms at the Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa are spacious and boast balconies with stunning views of the aquamarine ocean, as well as modern amenities such as complimentary wireless internet, air conditioning, LCD TVs with satellite, CD and DVD players, mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, and in-rooms safes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...