The Dominican Republic continues to raise its profile, attracting investment from leading hotels
The Dominican Republic continues to raise the bar for the tourism industry. The Caribbean Island received glowing accolades for some of the best known industry experts and tourism publications over the course of 2013. Additionally, the Dominican Republic secured investments from some of the top hotel brands including Westin, Royalton and Eden Roc.
The Dominican Republic's tourism industry has had yet another stellar year in 2013. The picturesque destination has solidified its position as one of the Caribbean region's leading holiday destinations collecting a series of accolades and awards over the course of the year and attracting investment from some of the world's most popular hotel brands.
Recent reports have recapped the country's performance in 2013, noting the launch of several new hotels and resorts in Punta Cana, Bavaro and Puerto Plata. Westin, Royalton, AM Resorts, Eden Roc and Bahia Prinicpe are just some of the international hotel brands to open their doors in 2013 and take advantage of the boom of travellers visiting the Dominican Republic.
The increased investment comes as no surprise given the amount of attention the Dominican Republic's tourism industry has been attracting in recent years. Some of the accolades this islands paradise has received in 2013 includes:
- Listed in the Lonely Planet's "Top 10 Countries for 2013"
- Named in Forbes Travel Guide's "25 Places to Visit in 2013"
- Awarded the International Association of Golf Tour Operators' (IAGTO) 2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America
- Declared one of the "Top 10 Most Visited Island Destinations" for US luxury travelers by The Luxury Institute in New York
- Fodor's listed Dominican Republic's Samana Peninsula as a "Must-Visit Destination in 2013"
Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic's Ministry of Tourism, Magaly Toribio, recently stated:
"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications...Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice".
With no sign of a slow down, the Dominican Republic's dominance in the tourism scene is likely to continue in 2014 and beyond.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...