The Dominican Republic continues to raise its profile, attracting investment from leading hotels
The Dominican Republic continues to raise the bar for the tourism industry. The Caribbean Island received glowing accolades for some of the best known industry experts and tourism publications over the course of 2013. Additionally, the Dominican Republic secured investments from some of the top hotel brands including Westin, Royalton and Eden Roc.
The Dominican Republic's tourism industry has had yet another stellar year in 2013. The picturesque destination has solidified its position as one of the Caribbean region's leading holiday destinations collecting a series of accolades and awards over the course of the year and attracting investment from some of the world's most popular hotel brands.
Recent reports have recapped the country's performance in 2013, noting the launch of several new hotels and resorts in Punta Cana, Bavaro and Puerto Plata. Westin, Royalton, AM Resorts, Eden Roc and Bahia Prinicpe are just some of the international hotel brands to open their doors in 2013 and take advantage of the boom of travellers visiting the Dominican Republic.
The increased investment comes as no surprise given the amount of attention the Dominican Republic's tourism industry has been attracting in recent years. Some of the accolades this islands paradise has received in 2013 includes:
- Listed in the Lonely Planet's "Top 10 Countries for 2013"
- Named in Forbes Travel Guide's "25 Places to Visit in 2013"
- Awarded the International Association of Golf Tour Operators' (IAGTO) 2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America
- Declared one of the "Top 10 Most Visited Island Destinations" for US luxury travelers by The Luxury Institute in New York
- Fodor's listed Dominican Republic's Samana Peninsula as a "Must-Visit Destination in 2013"
Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic's Ministry of Tourism, Magaly Toribio, recently stated:
"We are honored to be recognized by well-respected industry experts and publications...Dominican Republic is one of the most historic and culturally rich destinations in the Caribbean and earning such accolades validates the effort of our tourism industry who invest in making the country an attractive vacation choice".
With no sign of a slow down, the Dominican Republic's dominance in the tourism scene is likely to continue in 2014 and beyond.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Whether travelling with your family or looking for quality time with a loved one, the most thrilling, fun-packed holiday...