Sri Lanka teams up with TUI to launch new tourism promotion campaign
The tour operator TUI will be helping Sri Lanka launch a new tourism promotion next month. The campaign will be designed to encourage more tourists from the Europe, Asia and the Middle East to take Sri Lanka holidays and it will involve new TV advertisements and promotion on local and international travel and tourism websites.
The Sri Lankan tourism authorities will be teaming up with the tour operator TUI to launch a new tourism promotion campaign next month.
The campaign will be designed to encourage travellers from Europe, Asia and the Middle East to visit Sri Lanka, using TV advertisements and promotion on local and international travel and tourism websites.
Rumy Jauffer, the Managing Director of the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau (SLTPB), stated:
"We are hoping to start a new promotion campaign next month focused on travellers from Europe, Asia and the Middle East."
The Tourism Promotion Bureau met with TUI's local agent, Aitken Spence Hotels, last week to discuss the international tour operator's support for the campaign.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean famous for its beautiful natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
Since the end of its 25-year-long conflict in 2009, the island has seen a much-needed boost in the number of tourists travelling to Sri Lanka as travellers regain confidence in safe travel to the island. Over the last few years, the state-run Sri Lanka Tourism Authority has been working hard to promote the country as a safe tourist destination throughout many countries across the world.
Sri Lanka is famous for its warmth and genuine hospitality and the tourism sector is keen to maintain this whilst providing professionally trained staff and a high level of service for tourists while they enjoy this beautiful country.
Several new hotels and resorts are under construction in destinations all over the island including the capital Colombo, while Pasikuda on the east coast is being revamped to become a tourist hotpot once again. The area used to be a thriving holiday resort but it became desolate during the civil war. The government has invested Rs. 650 million towards the development of the 150-acre Pasikuda Tourist Zone.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....